Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 girls: family or career? - Minitokyo

girls: family or career?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

kawaiisakura05

kawaiisakura05

sakura cult member

ok. i know that today women and men have basically the same rights. but there is still the choice for us. family or career? sure i see myself going to college and such and getting married but i want children too. and what am i gonna do? i can either raise my children as a stay-at-home-mom (like my mother) or i can send my kids to a daycare and follow my career. either side has a bad thing about it... i'm just wondering what other girls are thinking about doing in their future.

if i were rain,
that joins the sky and earth that otherwise never touch,
could i join two hearts as well?

trinigirl524

trinigirl524

WeST iNDee

well, for me i want to have a successful career and make something of myself, and thats true at the same time i would love to have children in the future, but i dont want to spend everyday away from them at work, but i still dont know what career i want to pursue so i still dont know how much time will be spent away, so if possiblei would love to have both a family and a career, i'll just have to wait and see :)

Signature Image
:::COLORFULL WALLIES!:::Free--wallers:::
Currently Taking Music Code Requests
Feel free to PM or go to my page for more details

Shadowdawn

Shadowdawn

The Iron Clad Goddess

Ok, first of all, i hate children and everyhting about them. I'm also completly opposed to the traditional wife slaves around the house thing, the husband is the income bla, bla, bla. I mean, you're setting yourself up for failure. You have nothing of your own (because everything is purchased with the husbands money), and you have to depend on him for everyhting. What do you think you could do if he became abusive? Not like you could collect you side of the cash and leave. And then after you've left you have to go through working at all of the shit jobs that pay peanuts, just to be able to have a small apartment, and keep bread on the table. Personally i'm going to give all of my energy to my career, and then maby settle down with a guy and marry. But without children, and we both keep working until we retire as a well-of quiet couple. I also think that children wast the better part of your life, because on avarage, you have to give up 20 years to them.

"Little drops of water, Little grains of sand, Make the mighty ocean, And the pleasant land. So the little minutes, Humble though they be, Make the mighty ages, Of eternity." -Julia Fletcher Carney
"To her, words were things of beauty, each like a magical powder or potion which could be combined with other words to create powerful spells" - Dean Koontz

celebril

celebril

Follower of Toshiya - Basslord!

I don't know what I want. I definately want to go to University and get my degree, but I don't know what kind of job I want. I wouldn't want to have to depend on my husband for everything, that's for sure. I definately want to marry one day, but kids? I don't know, I don't really like the idea of having kids and I think I'd be a terrible mother - I'd probably be less mature than my children! (seriously, I'm 18 and ppl tell me that I have the mentality of a 5-yr-old) To be honest, the thought of growing up, going out into the world and being an adult is terrifying to me!

Signature
	Image Without Toshiya there is nothing!
(colourbar by caged of creep graphics)
Proud member of album-critique // Gacktfans // J-Rockers // JMusic-Quiz-Lovers // Loveless-Neko // MT-UK

cifiryn

cifiryn

~ Erase & Rewrite ~

My career comes first.
But I do believe that if you want to, you can have both things: a successful career, and a nice family.

HidekiHasume

HidekiHasume

Very Misunderstood

I think both are possible and I want both, though it is had to mantain. I know this because of my mother. She's a very hard working manager at a spa but at the same time she's always busy and has very little time for my brother and I. But when she is at home and off she is often dragged off to work somehow. My point is, even if you do have children and a carrer depending on what you do it'll be hard to manage.

mOochaN

A L O N E

i do think that both can be achieved through hard work and strong will... but for me.. i guess it would have to be my career.. i want to make something out of myself.. i want to achieve something.. i mean, not that having a family and all isnt achieving something of course, u achieve something out of that... coz my mom's state is like that.. working and a mom... its hard.. i can see... but she can manage it.. right now, im only focusing on my studies getting ready for college then university and then find an ideal job have fun with friends and all... but family.. its a big thing, a big difficult thing.. that needs a lot of thinking to achieve.. ^^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

PikaMoon

PikaMoon

***star gazer***

Hmmm....

Quote by ShadowdawnOk, first of all, i hate children and everyhting about them. I'm also
completly opposed to the traditional wife slaves around the house
thing, the husband is the income bla, bla, bla. I mean, you're setting
yourself up for failure. You have nothing of your own (because
everything is purchased with the husbands money), and you have to
depend on him for everyhting. What do you think you could do if he
became abusive? Not like you could collect you side of the cash and
leave. And then after you've left you have to go through working at all
of the shit jobs that pay peanuts, just to be able to have a small
apartment, and keep bread on the table. Personally i'm going to give
all of my energy to my career, and then maby settle down with a guy and
marry. But without children, and we both keep working until we retire
as a well-of quiet couple. I also think that children wast the better
part of your life, because on avarage, you have to give up 20 years to
them.

I actually agree. With most, not all. I also don't like kids that much, and I plan on not having kids. Stay-at-home mom's are great people, but I find it sometimes a waste after they've gone to college and done so much for themselves. I also don't like how some men expect their wives to stay at home and do all the work with cleaning, cooking, taking care of the kids, etc. My mom never stayed home, and it's true that you may not be as close, but it never truly affected me. She supported the family too, which I find as a good use of her education. So, in my case, I would also choose my career. It's still possible to have a great family while still working. Don't need to drop everything just for your husband/child's sake.

VanillaHfan01

VanillaHfan01

Shy Girl

i would definately want 2 persue my career. i mean a family is nice but im still not so sure i want children.

Career I don't want children </3

Quote by nekonessoCareer I don't want children <!--3</span-->

Haha... Same here

I would go for me career. Your future is important.

Squeaky-kun

The Grim Squeaker

I definately would focus on my career. I've been told time and time again that I'm not mother material because I'm far too ambitious about my own future. I'd have to admit I agree with them. ^_^' So I probably wouldn't have kids at all. Definately career.

::insert spiffy-pretty-looking signature image here::

"SQUEAK"

SakuraKP

SakuraKP

~Silent Snow Angel~

I wanna have kids..... and a career... and I want to spend time with mykids.... and be good at work... So I'm still trying to figure it out ^^;
I'm thinking of marrying a guy who wants to be a full-time dad!

Until the day you remember who I am
I'll be hurt forever inside
Hoping someone will come around
Don't forget this...

PAche

PAche

hoarder

career.i dont give a shit about kids.i mean they're cute and all but they're leeches.i am a kid(or teen) and i know that i depend on my parents for everything, moral or financial support. i wouldn't like to have to worry about one extra thing in my life

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

my mum said she once regret that she gave up her career.. But later on she was glad she gave up her career because she would have missed her children's growth if she didn't give up her career..
me myself haven't think about that.. i'm still young and i still want to get lots of experience.

'' live life to the fullest''

beanbun

All creamy inside.

Well.... Let's see.... A "career" isn't as incredibly important to me as doing what I want to in life. I'm lucky my fiancee has the same stance I do about kids, that we shouldn't even think about them until we're comfortable with being unselfish and broke for the rest of our lives. On the other hand I don't want to be so old when I do decide to have children that I can't keep up with them anymore. So I do think I will have both eventually.

I'd love to have both! ^^ It's possible, my mother did it and she was great about it...my grandmother took care of me while my mom worked, so we managed just fine...it also depends on what kind of career you wanna pursue, cos some will allow you more free time than others...depending on what you choose you can have your kids with you or you can't...
But I do not want a big family...one, maybe 2 kids most...I'm an only child so I guess I'm used to that kind of family...

I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away...

At the moment I don't have a boyfriend or something like that, so I'm trying to go to college and make a good career, but I think that if i'm getting married that I want kids too.
In the Netherlands, there isn't a good support for mothers who are statying home and who take care of their kids. I don't like that...because they have to work too now. My sister however is now at home with her 2 children and her husband is havong a job....

well thats a very difficult thing to answer.
for me family is important but then again i still want to pursue watever career i would want to have. and at the moment im not yet ready for anything that deals with boys and love cos i still feel something about the past.

SaKuRa149

SaKuRa149

Sad Blue Angel

ofcourse...career....

Signature
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage.

Maybe it's the way I grew up, but I choose a family. My parents were never there for me when I was younger so I want to be there for my kids when I have some.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Definitely career-wise. I, myself, have sacrificed far too much of my time at school to be bothered with, even when it comes to the little trivial things in life, to be honest with you. Besides, it is pointless to even raise your own family without having the proper financial balances, here.

Reasonably so, it would be technically normal for a person to more likely form a family by the time they reach more into their thirties, simply because of the fact that: 1) they have far more experience in handling well with everyday life responsibilities, especially from those who are close to their own [whether it would be towards a friend or your very own parents], and also taken into consideration: 2) they would also be able to fairly manage their money a whole lot more "effectively" through hard-taught lessons in life, that they clearly wouldn't have been able to withstand many years ago. As their age reflects and changes with time, so does their spending habits, which could lead to a good incentive why they are better off handling a family much later as time flies by, rather than that of an earlier age.

The "sacrifices" one would pitch in would thus significantly be manageable as one becomes more "mature," but age does not always clearly outline how willing a person tends to be when they want to raise their own family - it is only a formulated trend. Regardless, it wouldn't be wise to raise your own children if you don't have the money to back you up, at any rate. That is why I consider recommending my friends to build a career first before they even try, especially while they are still very young - there are always ways to go around these problems when you least expect it after your career is set and secure into place, and you can always set aside some room for your family afterwards by trimming your work hours more often and taking longer vacations to help cope with the children of your future. With a career, it really makes things much easier for you to help support a family of your own, let alone raise them. Raising is a different story. You just have to be willing to sacrifice a bit more of your time for your cause in order to raise them as well - if you are that willing, of course. Either way, they both take a lot of time and commitment - I wouldn't see why they said doing both at the same time is apparently hard, actually, but I've seen many pull it off, anyways. It all depends on the individual, that counts.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

I think,that when I succesfully end my UNI and find a really good job,then I would prefer career.I don't want to have children soon,but when I would then I would stay with them at home,I woul never give them to nursery,it's not good for them...

i think i prefer career. i don't know why, but i don't like kids. ten years from now, i even see myslef divorced. don't know why. weird, i know. i'm too strong to be ties down. i don;t like being tied down.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.