Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Can you answer this? - Minitokyo

Can you answer this?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

If a tree fell down in the forest and no one was around to hear it would it make a sound?

I want to hear you think.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Oh man a friend and I had this same discussion a while back(we were bored okay)
I say it does make a sound despite the fact that no one is actually there to see or hear it fall. I mean they have to make a sound since if it's the forest there is going to always be something for it to land on rub against as it falls.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

Rizy123

Rizy123

*AM active now, msg me baby ;)*

Simple answer :)
Yes, a sound that is not heard. *eat ya heart out*

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

VanillaHfan01

VanillaHfan01

Shy Girl

i think yes. nobody has 2 hear anythin 4 somethin 2 make a sound.
do u understand.

musicgenerator

i'am what i'am

yup just cause your not there doesn't mean the laws of physics isn't

You may not hear it, but it definitely makes a sound.

uchan

uchan

Mostly Harmless

This question reminds me to the Schroedinger's Cat problem.

[ My latest wallpapers: Ritsuka <-> ZERO Love v2 <-> Autumn cold night ]
[ Please visit my gallery for high quality and resolution pictures or sign my guestbook.]

Signature Image

Quote by MayaNatsume17If a tree fell down in the forest and no one was around to hear it would it make a sound?

Im not really sure, but I want to hear you think.

Obviously it would make a sound,especially since no one is in the forest. A person does not need to be in the same forest as the tree to hear the voice. The person meerly just has to be at the edge of the forest to here it, especially since the tree in forests are of a extremely heavy mass and would make a extrememly loud sound in which would echo through the forest since it is a wide space with only trees.

So yes, you would hear it fall.^_^

What tree? How can you percieve something's existence without proof that it does, in fact, exist? If you can prove to me that the tree you speak of does exist, then I'd be inclined to say that if it falls (assuming that you know that it falls), then yes, it does make a sound.

However, because no one percieves the tree, it does not exist. Unconcieved, the tree is non-existent and sensations (such as hearing) cannot be caused by something that isn't there.

Well, there's my answer - (part of) the same answer I wrote when asked the same question during my philosophy final.

@}>- "When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing in myself."
|| Gundam Haven || Doujinshi Support Club || Deviants || Final Fantasy X/-2 || FLIP ||

Quote by AzirkYou may not hear it, but it definitely makes a sound.

That's what I thought too.

Yes, it still makes a sound. Besides it is nearly impossible for there to be nothing able to hear it just because you didn't. The forrest is still full of life that hears.

My ever growing website Anime Fountain.

My forum with TONS of Anime, Video Game, J-Music news and more posted on a nearly daily basis. We search it out so you don's have to. The Anime Fountain Forum

yes it would make a sound but nobody would hear it.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.