Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What is the meaning of "Elfen Lied"? - Minitokyo

What is the meaning of "Elfen Lied"?

Tagged under Elfen Lied

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Who know whai is the meaning of these words? And what language? Please tellme if you know.

Dirty

Dirty

too many steps ahead.

German

Elfen Lied: Elvish Song

Attempting to escape the matrix...

Signature

I have no idea what so ever!! :(

Zeliard

Zeliard

I confess! I'm an otaku!!

Quote by DirtyGerman

Elfen Lied: Elvish Song

I didn't know there is a meaning to the name..... ^^

Signature

Rikimaru-jp

Rikimaru-jp

Katon Karyu Endan

Well Elfen Lied isn't a Japanese sentence! Elfen has the same meaning of Elf or a little elf! but this whole title was taken from a very famous old symphony called Lilium performed by a band called Elfen Lied "well at least I think so XP"
but what I'm so sure about is the song is in "Latin" Language! NOT Japanese!
and as Dirty said Elfen Lied is german and it means "Elves song" so I think that band is a german band! and Lilium means lily it's also in Latin because the whole lyrics is in latin!

*~* It's Not Who I Am Underneath, But What I Do That Defines Me *~*
Signature Image
Check My Gallery

yes Elfen lied means Elves song which has a meaning it is the theme for the whole show well it has something to do with german myth about elfs

elf's song to be exact T_T

laurent

laurent

..:: Kuro ::..

"Elfen lied" can be both German and Dutch. I know for sure it's Dutch cause it's my native language ^^ (I'm from Belgium you know) As the others who had already posted said, it means "Elves song"

Signature Image

oh cripes! Finally I know what that means. I've been straining my brain about it for some time.

Thanks everyone.

LOL thank you i've been wondering wat the name meant. LOL and now that i think about it the title is pretty darn fitting.

ElfenLied was the name of a German song/fairy tale thing, I believe. Woo.

Elfen Lied is an old German poem or song-like poem. Japanese animes often refer to german culture, words and whatever.
Since im a german ive read the original poem once but it is a kind of old hard-to-understand german and i dont remember exactly what it was about but i couldnt really find paralels to the EL anime.
The poem is about an elf who lives in wood and someone in a house calls out that its eleven o' clock and the elfen is mistaken and think it has been called or somethings. So it comes out and something happens but i forgot any more details.
at the end of the manga lucy have learned that poem and is singing it in the moment of her death so that the whole city can hear it.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Please refrain froPlease refrain from bumping old threads. This thread has been inactive for over 19 weeks. If you would like to discuss the original poem Elfen Lied from which the anime derived its name, you can open a new thread on this topic rather than bumping old threads.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.