Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Suggestion about the "Guidelines for Forum Participation" thread - Minitokyo

Suggestion about the "Guidelines for Forum Participation" thread

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Might it be a good idea for the "Guidelines for Forum Participation" thread to be visible/posted in more places than just the Entrance Lounge, seeing as it's the sort of thing that's best read before posting anywhere. I know I've only just come across it, since my first instinct on joining a board isn't to rush over to make a self-introduction thread, perhaps at least some of the less desirable threads and posts around are due to people never having been in that section, and thinking anything goes.

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

well, good idea
However, among all places to put it, Entrance Lounge is the one that makes the most sense. It is just sad that people just openly ignore them

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

Quote by minebannMight it be a good idea for the "Guidelines for Forum Participation"
thread to be visible/posted in more places than just the Entrance
Lounge, seeing as it's the sort of thing that's best read before
posting anywhere. I know I've only just come across it, since my
first instinct on joining a board isn't to rush over to make a
self-introduction thread, perhaps at least some of the less desirable
threads and posts around are due to people never having been in that
section, and thinking anything goes.

Working in customer service, I can safely say this: people don't read posted notices, regardless of where they are. There can be a sign above a toilet that says "don't flush," and people will flush it anyway because they didn't bother to read the sign.

Now, I'm all for having the rules posted in more conspicuous places, but it get the feeling it won't really help things much...

Signature Image

.:Administrator and contributer of the Minitokyo-review::Proud helper of Chaos-Cross - Help make MT a better place!:.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

The guidelines will be incorporated into the FAQ and Policy of Minitokyo v3. :)

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Quote by SilentMasamuneThe guidelines will be incorporated into the FAQ and Policy of Minitokyo v3. :)

I've already completed re-writing the Policy and FAQ for MT3, and the Guidelines and the Noob Bibles have all been incorporated; once MT3 is released, nobody should have an excuse not to adhere to the guidelines, because they will be clearly posted in a central location.

Once the new Policy and FAQ are posted, the Guidelines, Noob Bibles, and other relevant sticky threads will be unpinned.

Please let me know if you have any questions. If you have any further suggestions for the Guidelines, please post in the Guideline Thread; do not create a new thread.

Closed.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.