Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 8-bit vs. 16-bit? - Minitokyo

8-bit vs. 16-bit?

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Emma

Emma

Dew Dust

I work in 8-bit in Photoshop CS. I currently have 1.24 GB of memory. I wanted to increase the resolution thinking that it will help with my wallpapers. However, when I increased it to 16-bit, I lost the ability to do a lot of the filters! I researched on-line and they said I should have at least 512 megs of memory. I am way over that. So why isn't it working? And which bit do you guys work in? Is it worth it to be 16-bit?

Thanks!! ^_^

Signature Image

glassheart

glassheart

Heine's love slave

That's a tough one >.>! I never really pay attention to that! *checks*I usually work in 16 bits, but I wouldn't know any difference XD!

well... if Ur working on a mac, sometimes U decide how much of that memory U'll use for some programs... maybe Urs is set to be under that... I think U can chek that some where at preferences or in the "about photoshop cs" option... I wouldn't be sure tho

TLTw804

TLTw804

TheLostTimberwolf

I am still using PS7 myself and i work in 8-bit, 16-bit is known to cause effect issues, mainly being used for PNG's and GIF's. Working in 8-bit is fine for your walls :)
hope this helps

Signature
One day I will find Myself, but when I do will I like what I have found?

taimoor

Oooh!!! banana pie!

16-bit per channel is overkill imho... I'm just fine with 4 8 bit channels... After all, if you're only using 8-bit image sources, there's never going to be a need for the extra 8-bits...

~Tai
Hating AOLers since 1997.

Wakarimashta

Wakarimashta

I Understand!

16-Bit is used well when you do major changes with the saturation and contrast of an image. When you adjust an image in any way, you lose data and gain noise. Making some of the changes in 16-bit means that you'll save detail in comparison to 8-bits (which gains more noise when you tweak the image in that setting).

i always use 16-bit the first time I adjust my photos as the pixel data is preserved quite well. But if it's for working with walls, don't worry about it.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.