Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you hate taking public transport? - Minitokyo

Do you hate taking public transport?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 65 total items

How would you rate your transport system? Do you think the ticket prices too high?

I take public transport almost every day, but it's so unreliable. Every once in a while there's a major incident. & Of course there is always the delayed trains... and bus drivers who ignore you.

So. Thoughts?

- This Free Life Crisis -

shague

shague

sexy hair

I wish there was public transport where I live. I live in the middle of nowhere, and can't drive yet. That means I can't get a job because I don't have any transportation. I don't really know if I would like it if we had it though. Maybe I just like to complain...

The only geeks that are allowed to have tans are band geeks, and they hate it with a passion.

#JapaneseLover#

levezzali

levezzali

Purge Existence

hm.... at least you can afford for the taxi... around here cabs are like, for the rich people, we take buses and train.... train is worst, cause it always have some kind of trouble ... people who breaks them, putting fire on the wagons and compositions... (then, they complain...) buses are so-so cause some lines are ok, some .... well, you think the pieces are falling apart, these are the worse, cause they are always crouded (and I mean crouded) ... the only thing that I can't complain at all is the subway sistem, one of the best in the world....

Tickets? they are expensive for a so ruined service... and the umbrellas often break apart

XD

Purified Existence of a Lost Soul

... ok ... I am not a that serious person !! XD

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

I like and hate public transport at the same time. It's nicer than driving because it's usually air conditioned or heated and you don't have to drive or worry about traffic jams. But I don't like some of the people who are on it and there are a lot of crazy freaks on there who yell or harass people. I try to always ride with someone else that way I have someone to talk to and I don't have to sit next to anyone I don't know.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

lucky I dont have to take pubic transportation often I taxis the drivers are all creepy men here the bus isnt to bad but it takes longer to get somewhere and sometimes their over crowded

Signature Image

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Public transportation in New York City is top notch. Buses and subway trains during the week run as frequently as every 2 minutes, and on off-peak hours, they run about every 15 minutes. On weekends and late nights, buses and subway trains run about every 30 minutes. There are usually never any delays for either, unless it's for traffic, which is very rare on subways and on the streets where buses usually have their own travel lane on the high-traffic roads.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

I HATE the public transport !!! I don't have car and I need to take the subway or the bus. BOTH OF THEM sucks!!! I can't breath because all the people squeeze each other, hahaha.

I don't public transport. I just prefer other methods of transportation. like car.
I also crowded places.

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

In my country, (Philippines) the fare was increased due to oil price increased.
We're using a Jeepney (a public utility vehicle) most of the times. But I prefer to walk instead of riding on a jeep. (if it's near)

I'm a thrifty person!! ^ ^

answer yo your question: I HATE public TRANSPORT!!! :angry:

i can't breath because all the people looks like a sardines in a tin can ~_~
I smell them and yuckk it seems some of them don't know how to take a bath ... T_T XP

Yes i hate public transport in my city e.g : bus. it's filthy, smells bad, and so not comfortable.. but of course it's a lot cheaper than taxi.

'' live life to the fullest''

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

I consider myself rather fortunate to live in Bismarck, North Dakota. Mainly because public transportation here isn't that bad, though considering the only forms are bus (which I might add is a very recent addition, which makes us look like we're NOW just advancing :_:) and taxi. Though, I drive. I enjoy driving as well because the roads here aren't so insane with traffic and granted, there are a fair amount of drivers that really make a person question "Does he/she use their brain when they drive" it isn't to such an extent that would make me not want to drive.

As for being younger, I use to get a ride to where-ever I needed to go from my parents (since I went to the same Elementary school that my mom taught at, she took me and my junior high was on my dad's way to work and my high school is on the way to my Elementary, so my mom took me until I got my liscense) or else I rode bike to where I needed to go. Though I can only imagine how expensive it is..and many of the others things, but if you have to use it, you have to. Though I think its something that quite a few people dread.

As for our transportation system. I think its fantastic. The new system they have is called CAT, if you want the bus to pull over, you can just simply motion (or so they say you can basically catch it like you can a taxi) and the bus will pick you up, they have quite a few of them going throughout town and its a system that is only about a year old. Very cheap as well and I do believe that they make great time as well for getting around town. I think it is an excellant addition to where I live and it really makes life easier for quite a few people here as well.

Signature Image

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

i live in San Francisco during the school year and that is the only time i really have easy access to public transit, however i don't care for it... especially since one of my friends told me she saw a guy "enjoying himself" on the bart. >_< MUNI is ok sometimes, but during peak traffic hours it gets so cramped!

Signature Image

Moonbeam

Moonbeam

M i n i t o k y o

--------Hey Studio!--------

:) Public Transportation isn't so bad, most of the time.
:sweat: I used to take the bus for a couple of years before I got my license and car.
T_T Enduring extreme heat, bus break-downs, and hrs. long waits for a bus is tough.
:D However now that I have a car, it makes you appreaciate having it even more!
:nya: I'm glad I experienced it because you meet and see interesting people and you have tons of stories about what happened to you to tell.
x_x Public Transportation is better for the environment though, less smog and even less traffic.
;) Here in Los Angeles, California the transportation system is good probably because it is a major city. The fast subway sytstem keeps extending outward into the valley and will be more convient than taking the freeway soon. Our subway is still fairly new compared to New York and it is actually clean, fast (every10-15min), and safe.
:D My dad works in the main building so they give free MTA employee family badges. I have access to any buses and subway lines. I have tried out all the lines going to different cities for fun.
XD Every station, is decorated in art or artstyle. Examples: The station on Hollywood Blvd. by the theatres have old film reels cover the whole ceiling and there art palm trees and a old film projector on display. Other areas have colorful tiles/famous artwork or sculpted children hanging from the ceiling to make it look like they are flying.
:pacman: Fun and interesting thread. Take care and see you around MT!

Signature

lunar-angel

Wandering Angel

I take the bus mostly during the school year. I really don't like taking the bus but I have no other way to school but it really bothers me when people start staring at me. I know that people with red hair aren't very common but they don't need to stare.

omigoshi

omigoshi

5th Child Of J.E.N.O.V.A

train never run on time plus the ticket is hell expensive

Signature
Ningen nante taishita mon jya nai sa...dakara omae wa dame na nigen da
5TH CHILD OF J.E.N.O.V.A
----FuGu-----

crystalbluedragoon

crystalbluedragoon

withing the darkness;;

I don't like public transport cos it takes soooo long to get to where i want to go!! And it's expensive !! T_T erm but other than that, its fine.. taking public transport reduces environmental pollution and stuff.. so yeah.. But sometimes I get to meet my friends on public transport!! Which is really cool!! Some small world, huh?

I take public transport everyday in going to school. It takes me about 3 rides to go to school. I offent have problems to the fare hike and the pollution also but I must take the ride and accept the consequence to finish my studies.

In conclusion, I'm very thankful for public transport because non private car people like me have an easier way of transportation.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

I prefer taking my car rather than public transports.
But train is good and often on time.

Adrima

Adrima

.: Rippen Kitten :.

I often use the transport systems
but I really hate the time when school holidays are over and the buses are full off schoolmates..

.: Maybe we want to live in this tranquille and sad world? :.

MadWiz

MadWiz

Student Slacker

public transport here is awesome!
probably one of the best in the world
well.. studio and some others should know I live in Singapore.. where its a very packed country with one of the highest population density..
plus cars are really expensive here and public transport is essential to almost everyone to get around

most buses usually come at 10 minute intervals.. actually, they leave the terminal at 10 minute intervals =p and buses can come in like 3 together and we may have to wait for over 20 minutes for the next one
buses and trains are enough to link us from any part of the country to another in max 2 hours

taxis are quite expensive though but with the efficient public transports, its not common for most to take the taxi

Parallax

Parallax

Actively Inactive

It's not something to hate about when it becomes a part of your everyday life. For those who usually ride with their own vehicles, it's just a matter of getting used to it.

KamikazeKoga

KamikazeKoga

??????????

I wouldn't really say that I hate it because I've rarely used it (since public transportation is kind of a rarity in my place in central NJ). It would actually depend where I was. For example, I hate the public jeepnies (small buses) when I'm in the Philippines because it is very hot and dirty; however, I have no problem with public transportation in NY, except when it is crowded.

weebee

weebee

mish-mash masta

public transport sucks.its crowded,slow,hot and smelly :/

Signature

daisukeniwa05

daisukeniwa05

Self-taught artist

Quote by KuzainI like and hate public transport at the same time. It's nicer than
driving because it's usually air conditioned or heated and you don't
have to drive or worry about traffic jams. But I don't like some of the
people who are on it and there are a lot of crazy freaks on there who
yell or harass people. I try to always ride with someone else that way
I have someone to talk to and I don't have to sit next to anyone I
don't know.

bingo.. same goes here... price over in chicago is pretty expensive. thats why i rely on other ppl, like my parents.and friends.. lol.. its saves lots of cash in the long run.. yup yup..but the subway is pretty useful, cuz downtown is like 20 Dollars for parking. plus it goes by time. and price change depending on how long your park.. . parking meters are super duper expensive in downtown too.. so yeah.. you can say its good and bad at the same time..

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 65 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.