Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 There is a need for Tenchi - Minitokyo

There is a need for Tenchi

Tagged under Tenchi Muyo

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Thorticus

Thorticus

ThunderGod

Seeing as the first dvd of the second ova was just released, I was wondering if anyone out there, other than myself, was a fan of Tenchi Muyo!, and if you are, what did you think of the new ova?

pengi-san

The Almighty Penguin

Indeed, there is a need for Tenchi... I first watched the series on Cartoon Network's Toonami back in the day... Good stuff. I haven't seen the new OVAs though. I hear they have a bunch of new wackiness and all, so they should be worth checking out...

"Well, I think screwing everything up is a pretty funny way of helping!"

angelicdemonIII

angelicdemonIII

Dark and Light

Tenchi the 3rd of ova is cool and also it finishes where Tenchi Muyo stoped. Oh yeah also
you need to watch the 3rd ova to really under stand the characters in GXP.

Signature Image

Acyx

Ork Warlord

They oughta put a notice on that thing, because the series is more addictive than crack (in a good way though). It was a sad day when CN took Tenchi Muyo off the air in exchange for that other commercialized crap. This series set the benchmark all those years ago in 1992, and it still sets the benchmark higher even until this very day. When I watch this series in the OAV incarnation, I see a veritable God (yes, this is purposely capitalized) among insects, if anything this series deserves more attention or commendation for it's artistic statement. The new OAV is good, a few aspects of the transfer to Funimation have been slightly rough, although like the Phoenix of legend, this series always comes back anew from the ashes. It's had a long life as undying as the ancient stories it retells, and as it stands, it will continue to live on for years to come.

"And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu..."

Yea, as much as I hate to admit it there is a need for tenchi... or at least this series, because it was very good in my oppinion, and despite the dude's lack of direction, it made it more interesting, and more controvertial, and yet maddenning, but all the better for me then huh? Anyway, this series is a great example of anime at its best... I seriously doubt we can find something this good today... (go 90's!)

Dreamer25

Dreamer25

Dreamer

Yes I remember when the OVAs came out. I bought all four of them. I was really sad when they did not continue the series. Even though there are many differences from tenchi universe, it was still awesome and provided some answers to some pending questions. Tenchi was one of those series that got me into anime. I really love the three movies too. I wish more of the younger generations would watch tenchi.

Evil Mind Good Heart

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

it was cute for it's time but I must have grown out of it because I just don't care much for it any more

BuBbLeS!

Signature

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.