Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Which is more important a song's LYRICS or MELODY to you? - Minitokyo

Which is more important a song's LYRICS or MELODY to you?

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 73 total items

Moonbeam

Moonbeam

M i n i t o k y o

"Which is more Important..... a song's Lyrics or it's Melody or tune?"

:D Sometimes the Lyrics of a song impact us or we can identify it to some point in our life.......
or
:D Sometimes a Melody's sound/beat gets stuck in our head or the music alone is great enough such as a BMG.......

:pacman: I didn't see a similar thread, so I thought it's interesting to see people's preferences. Thanks for your Time and Commenting.....Enjoy!

Signature

CowboyBebopFreak

Tormented Past

The melody and the lyrics need to complement each other.
Neither should overshadow the other. ; ^ ^

shague

shague

sexy hair

To me the most important part is the music. The lyrics play a big role in what I won't listen to, but when I decide what I like, I'm not looking at the lyrics. I like to listen to japanese music every once in a while and I don't understand much of what they say, so the music is really all that matters there.

The only geeks that are allowed to have tans are band geeks, and they hate it with a passion.

#JapaneseLover#

ever-ruler

ever-ruler

..: winter air :..

Both are very important. But I think the melody is a little more important than the lyrics because the melody is still music without the lyrics. But without the melody, the lyrics would just be a poem or something.

Quote by shagueTo me the most important part is the music. The lyrics play a big role in what I won't listen to, but when I decide what I like, I'm not looking at the lyrics. I like to listen to japanese music every once in a while and I don't understand much of what they say, so the music is really all that matters there.

yeah, me too. the melody is much more important; that's what catches my ear!

Signature Image
latest wall::feathers and such [Kingdom Hearts II]; previous wall::samurai poses [Samurai Champloo];
proud member of::The UnderAppreciated; Bleach; ChrnoCrusade; Journey-To-The-West; Silver-Rhythm;

I enjoy both actually ^_^" Lyrics usually are quite hard to relate too, so the melody usually actracts me to a song.

- This Free Life Crisis -

mitchell

mitchell

Dragonfly789

Melody Definatly...without a melody a song would be just chanting in a way XD

Signature

Anime Currently Watching:- Haruhi Suzumiya - Dragonball Z - Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Games Currently Playing:- Final Fantasy IX/XIII - Star Ocean The Last Hope - Oblivion GOTY

crypthis

confusing reality

i enjoy both but more towards lyric

Most of the time I can't even work out what the lyrics are saying. It's all about the melody to me.

The melody means alot to me. You can't have songs with music that doesn't seems to flow. 1 Classic example is the heavy metal, anyone can sing those 'music' by screaming all the way and it seriously sounded like noise pollution to my ears...

So I prefer more smoothing melody. The lyrics won't go too far out away from it.

I think definitely the melody - sometimes good songs are ruined by bad lyrics.

Parallax

Parallax

Actively Inactive

The melody can stand for itself as a song and by judging the melody, you can already visualize its theme or meaning the song is projecting.

You don't actually find an album loaded with of songs without instrumental melody.

bloodphoenix

bloodphoenix

Shadowflame

i do think that lyrics can be important but i find melofy much more so

Time is wriitten on the wind Fate is not carved in sheets of stone these are the words that I have heard~gasaraki
I lie in darkness because darkness lies in me

VKei

VKei

Yuki & Ai

Quote by CowboyBebopFreakThe melody and the lyrics need to complement each other.
Neither should overshadow the other. ; ^ ^

It could not say it better, totally in agreement.

mOochaN

A L O N E

both are very important for me.. as the lyrics inspires us all and the melody make us fall in love with the song... (and to remember it easily..)... lool...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

sebastian22

sebastian22

Moody,man!

the most important thing is the Melody.Because sometimes you hardly understand the lyrics ^_^'

Normally here should be an intelligent and funny text.But I wasn't in the mood to write one.

Quote by mogryphI think definitely the melody - sometimes good songs are ruined by bad lyrics.

I agree. Sometimes I really like the melody of a song, but the lyrics ruin it for me. Lyrics can make or break a song for me. And anyhow, I like melody on its own as instrumental and lyrics alone as "poem" =]

Definitely melody, that's why I listen to game/anime soundtracks... it seems that in america they take lyrics and put a melody to it, whereas in japan it appears to be the reverse; melody first then lyrics...

Chezabelle

Yaknowhattamean?

Melody. If it sounds great I will blast it in my car and scream "Watermelon Watermelon Doo Dee yeah" because I could care less about the lyrics... but that's just me.

Signature

The melody... since I like songs without understanding them but I think that way, voices are a kind of musical instrument.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

lunagata

lunagata

Lurking -3-

I think that for a song to reach the public needs to have a "cachi" melody. What I mean is that if you're hearing a japanese song but you don't know japaneseyou're gonna like because of the melody. And that's what gets to the public. :)

Hope you understnad what I mean :D

well personaly i like melody more than lyrics unless the lyrics mean something, but most of the time i listen for melody because thats wat makes the song sound cool

for to win 100 victories in 100 battles is not an acme of skill. to subdue the enemy without fighting is an acme of skill
--Sun Tzu--
BOLOS BOOK 1 pg. 170

ludwig49

ludwig49

Reviver of Dead Threads

I have to say that the lyrics are the key part of a song. The words are used by the artist to convey emotions more directly than a melody could, just like the use of colors in a painting can convey more than the brush stokes. This does not mean that the melody is totally without merit, it can help strengthen the impact of the words and create "catchy" rythms. But I think that the melody is only a way to deliver the lyrics, in my opinion.

"If you just say you can't do anything, then don't even try to do anything, certainly you will never be able to do anything." Gundam SEED

dalidadod

dalidadod

..:nya:..

for me im lookin to the lyrics and then the melody ..but u need the melody to know the lyrics so theres no real answer for me for this quistion :sweat:

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 73 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.