Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Which is more important a song's LYRICS or MELODY to you? - Minitokyo

Which is more important a song's LYRICS or MELODY to you?

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 73 total items

sakura-chi

sakura-chi

~Dark Angel~

i think both are important because to me music has to express who i am so therefore i look at the lyrics but the melody also has to sound good and something that suits my personality.

screenlooker

screenlooker

master chief's real face

im not sure
you need both, but i would have to say melody
what about mozart and beetoven?
there isnt any lyrics in what ive heard

Godfrey of Ibelin: Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.

Seeing as most songs I listen to are instrumental... Melody. Though lyrics are good too, especially this one Chinese song... it's so funny, I forgot who sang it. Zhang something...

Goes on about how only the sausage in his pocket understands his heart and the pure anguish in his voice. And how girls hate him. Haven't listened to it in awhile, so can't be too sure. Lol I dunno, I like it.

But for the most part I can't make out all the words (especially the ones in Chinese), so it's the melody that gets me. And since music is a universal language, the melody tends to get me more emotional. Deeoer things tend to have no words.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

Lyrics gives the meaning of the song and melody makes it sound good, or bad... So both are just as important

both are important~ sometimes i just like the lyrics of the song and don't really like the melody, and sometimes it's vise versa... so yeah XD

Lyrics teaches us about things in life and what it can cause and that melodies help us relax a bit more...so personally I think Melody is more important since it really doesn't matter if you know what it means but if you feel comfortable with it.

I believe they both need to be equally balanced. However, great lyrics without a melody is like a boat without the water, there's nothing to flow on. Other times, the melody can be horrid but the song is saved by meaninful and/or amazing lyrics. It all depends on the song I guess.

The melody, becuase iif I didn't enjoy it then I wouldn't be listening to anime songs and junk.

I thing melody first then lyrics.

Laggylagger

Master Loafer/Slacker

I'd say the Melody of the song is better to me. The lyrics today for all the songs just seem to be about, the singer's love, sex, problems and life. Lyrics can be good but if it has a meaning to you. The melody beasicly inspires you to do something or it would give you a unique feeling.

It's all about perspective

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

the melody comes first. then the lyrics. songs with lousy melodies really don't attract me

getJosie4

getJosie4

Dreamer

I'd like both. If I was sad ,I'd like to listen to the lyrics and if I just want to dance, I'll enjoy the melody.

get_Josie4

~Twelve~ (coming soon)
~STRANDED~ New One Piece Doujinshi
Coming soon...
Have a look and comment!

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

melody. . . lyrics just never make sense to me. . . they sound like random words that are just put in there because they rhyme, and they dont really make an understandable sentence

Signature
	Imagehttp://chatairsoft.com/images/zoom/TIYCVS/MP5Jsig.jpg[/sigimg]

dragongirli

dragongirli

girl of the dragons

melody. i could care less about the lyrics...

unless the lyrics were really inspiring!

but mostly the melody. yep.

knowledge is power. power corrupts. study hard. be evil.

SilentKnight

SilentKnight

Spit Fire Like Dhalsim

well, technically the question's a little too general.
other than melody and lyrics, there's a whole mess of other stuff to consider.

there's a person's mic presence, his/her flow and rhythm, his/her vocal qualities, his/her delivery, the quality of the song's recording, etc. the list goes on and on.

Leader of the Hip Hop And Rap Alliance: http://hiphopandrapalliance.minitokyo.net/
Signature Image

Yann

Yann

Twisted game of love

i would say both, since u can't do one without the other

Melody, I have a lot of favorites that have no words and all, or words I can't understand. (Songs in Latin and such)

I will have to say the Lyrics because some times you could actually relate to it and some times it has a hidden meanin'. :D

"Everybody needs somebody. So when you are feeling lonely just remember that you could be that somebody that someone needs."

" I Told Him I Was Afraid Of Falling And He Whispered, "I Have Wings." "

beethoven

beethoven

darkness

both it needs the melody to chatch the persons attintion and then the lyrics to connect with their souls

Only in the dark of your soul can you reveal the light of your heart" Stephen Penton
Signature

toza

toza

forsaken by destiny

melody...anyday

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

jaszi5

jaszi5

~Art lover~

I think meledy is important but without the meanful lyrics it doesn't do a song justice.
So both is always good.

Jaszi5

Jaszi5

The melody first, thats what you remember mostly. Then I get into lyrics ^^

If everybody knows just who you are, then your walk on role becomes a major part. Have you ever attempted to be yourself? When everybody wants you to be someone else... Going up and down and back again..

Kaanehimizuho

Kaanehimizuho

Davis Jonh - IGI2//\\GTO

Quote by ever-rulerBoth are very important. But I think the melody is a little more important than the lyrics because the melody is still music without the lyrics. But without the melody, the lyrics would just be a poem or something.

Quote by mOochaNboth are very important for me.. as the lyrics inspires us all and the melody make us fall in love with the song... (and to remember it easily..)... lool...

so do i

KasumiAyaneHitomiMizuho="Kaanehimizuho"

8ball

8ball

Oh dear god, the cuteness!!

Certainly the lyrics for me. Well formed words will compensate for poor melody if need be...

- 8ball
If it's good, I'll watch it; if it's great, I'll buy it; if it's cute, I'll eat it...

Available Web Designer/Developer, extra-generous to anime-related projects

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 73 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.