Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What was the Best Anime Bargains You Ever Got?! - Minitokyo

What was the Best Anime Bargains You Ever Got?!

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

Moonbeam

Moonbeam

M i n i t o k y o

XP "What was the best anime bargains you ever got?!"

It's always a rush to get a great deals on anime, dvds, manga, items, bonus if it's rare.

1) Found a trading card album full of rare, original, and foil cards at an expo, back label said $0.25 each.
They were friends selling another friends stuff. She thumb through it and said $8.
Bought it and quicky went away. Later I found that there were over 200 cards and the original binder too!
Someone told me that somewhere out there, there is a girl crying. Too bad! hehe!
2) Got huge, high quality, original import scroll misplaced in the cheap copy pile for a couple of dollars!
3)Got a large original watercolor eternal sailormoon poster for less than $10.... bargaining and the last day of the expo.

:D THANKS for your Time and Comments on this thread!! I searched and didn't see a similar thread so I thought it would be fun to see what you guys got!

Signature

Squeaky-kun

The Grim Squeaker

Erm....... I got eight Love Hina mangas for $10. Nothing extremely rare or special. Just saved $70. :: shrugs ::

::insert spiffy-pretty-looking signature image here::

"SQUEAK"

I received my friend's left-over stock of anime scrolls for wall-mounting and decoration. I probably guess I got about 60 in my garage. I tell you, that was one hell of a bargain for helping him with sales calculations

ohmygoshainuyasha

ohmygoshainuyasha

Don't make me think.

Umm... I've never gotten a deal on anime! It's so expensive!

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

The uneditted and free complete series I get from caring fansubbers across the world! Lol.

Kamiw

LOVELESS

'Beherith' of berserk >.<
i usually wear it all the time
[maybe i can control this world in the future lol]

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

Quote by Shkira The uneditted and free complete series I get from caring fansubbers across the world! Lol.

I think the question should be best legal deal you ever got ;)

I'm personally a fan of ADV's periodic clearances. I saw the entire Nadesco series for $15 or so. I can't really say I've gotten any fantastic deals on anime... The closest I've come is probably getting 6 DVDs for the price of 4, with a 40% discount on top of them. :)

Signature Image

.:Administrator and contributer of the Minitokyo-review::Proud helper of Chaos-Cross - Help make MT a better place!:.

Itami-Chan

Itami-Chan

Mrs.Kakashi..and sn34k3rs master

hehehe i got the whole series of runouni kenshin for only $40 dollars....thats pretty cheep to me ^_^ considering people sell it in sotres for about a total of $300 or up XO

sig and avvy made by k1ru! ^.^

i was able to get a discount on the love hina mangas because i had a student id

Signature Image

At an expo, I got 4 wall scrolls for 20 bucks. *-*

At the Chinatown in my area they sold every anime dvd for 10 bucks. 10 > 30 @ everywhere else =). I got the whole series of Trigun, Ah! My Goddess Movie, and Gundam Wing series before they stopped selling anime =(

Banchan

Banchan

Nocturnal Creature

When I went to Tokyo and nearly bought out the manga section of the Book-Off Machida store. All the manga there were tagged 100yen each, and when I got home, I realized that the clerk cashing in my purchases failed to punch in the price of 5 artbooks I got. :D Lucky~

huzzah

huzzah

Searching For the All-Blue

The best deal is to get somebody else to buy the anime for you! Hah-hah-hah!

Seriously. Anyhow, I managed to get six Escaflowne DVDs for a little over $50. Maybe not the ideal thing to spend my art show prize money on (I got first place in the drawing category), but I thought it was a good deal at the time.

R I N G - A - D I N G - D I N G : Lemon curry?
Signature
A N A T H E M A : TAFL-approved Black Jack fanlisting. Meet the doctor you never knew you loved.

Original sketches and autographs from Japanese manga and anime artists. All one of a kind and all rare.

kyj88724

N.E.Please

hmm... irohina// get only 5$....

The best bargain i've ever found was Battle Royale 1-11 for $40, and that's with shipping on Ebay!

-Gamer-

G for Game

i got the enitre Love Hina Manga Set for $6.00/Vol totaling in $84.00

Signature
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regardless of what happnes our lives are finite we all know we will grow old and, someday our lives will end, thats why we try so hard to live each day to the fullest thats why we keep stubling on by trial and error but, it isnt just for ourselves its so we can leave some sign posts for the people following our footsteps
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

azumanga dvd for $11 bucks at bestbuy. Dnangel vol 1 w box for $20.
Bestbuy best place for anime. The cheapest. Fool to buy anywhere else.

Zero-Ultimate

Zero-Ultimate

Strike Freedom

i bought a Freedom model for 25 euro thats about 30 dollar
pretty cheap because i bought strike @ a anime conevention for 50 euro (60 dollar)

Sit upon the frozen heavens
DAI GUREN HYOURINMARU
Signature Image

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

I haven't bought anything for anime really. But I've seen cheap anime on ebay. But they're probably pirate versions -.-

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

xhidaka

xhidaka

alive in hell...

I get complete series for 20$ with free shipping all the time from a wholesaler.... A friend of mine (who's not even into anime grrrr....) bought the entire Samurai x ova collection for 5$ not even knowing what it was... (and he wont sell it to me...) -_-...

"My fall will be for you, my love will be in you if you be the one to cut me... I'll bleed forever"-Nightwish

hm....
Gungrave: Beyond the Grave - $4
l/r Volumes 1 + 2 - $4 each
a Love Hina manga for $1
and a crap load of CCS 90x110 cm posters [NOT wallscrolls] from an import store for $1
But then again, I got ripped off a lot of times so I guess that makes up for my "good" luck
LinDorK @_@

xshintax

Gif files are Compu$erve

Rurouni Kenshin volume 12 manga, free.

Wtf is your problem?!?

Why the f*** do I need to use proprietary filetypes in my signature and avatar? Stupid Minitokyo... STUPID COMPU$ERVE! Use png instead.

I never got a good bargain

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.