Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Replacing copyright - Minitokyo

Replacing copyright

page 1 of 1 3 total items

OK, this is mostly aimed at those who (like me) think it should be legal to share anything on P2P services. Suppose, hypothetically, that this actually happened, and copyright no longer restricted the actions of private individuals, just people trying to make a profit. And suppose in the wake of this, P2P services started working wonderfully well, and became embedded in our culture as the standard way of checking things out. But maybe in this world, small creative operations would find it difficult to persuade people to buy an official version of their product, and many would go out of business and stop creating. Would this:

a) Never happen; copyright is only actually of advantage to big business?
b) Be an acceptable price to pay for freedom and the associated benefits, there are plenty of other ways of creating things?
c) Need to be rectified?

And most interestingly, if the answer is (c), what sort of system would you want to be brought in to deal with this problem now created?

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

There's a similar thread on DRM. I was going to make reference to it earlier, but here it is: http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/26136/

Signature Image

.:Administrator and contributer of the Minitokyo-review::Proud helper of Chaos-Cross - Help make MT a better place!:.

I don't think it is very similar. If you're wondering about whether it's necessary to introduce something else to replace the role of copyright in our society, then a particular way of enforcing this system which we're discarding, and so doesn't now require enforcing isn't really relevant at all. Maybe you haven't quite picked up on the purpose of this thread.

Copyright and DRM are two completely different things. Copyright was around long before DRM, and DRM does plenty of stuff that's not related to copyright.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.