Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Slight photoshop prob - Minitokyo

Slight photoshop prob

page 1 of 1 6 total items

saiyijinprince

saiyijinprince

Too tired to think....

hi i have this problem with text layers and no idea y its happening. Have not change any settings since i installed it but even i want to add text in photoshop....say on the white, i select the text tool, click on the canvas, a text layer is created and the cursor comes up. a little black dot appears below the cursor and then i try typing but nothing comes up and the cursor doesnt even move. but in the layers window, next to the text layer, the stuff i type shows up. and also when i click on the canvas again a new text layer is created automatically and cant edit the previous layer. if some1 has any ideas plz, any info will be appreciated. thanks

A real friend stabs you in the front

glassheart

glassheart

Heine's love slave

Well, I can help with the problem of the new layer...Just click on the other layer and with the type tool click it again. Also, I think the black dot is made because of the move tool(not sure, tho)...Just in case, click on the move tool and deselect show bunding box, if it's there. The same thing happened to me in image ready and it went away after I twiddled around with the settings.

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

Quote by saiyijinprincehi i have this problem with text layers and no idea y its happening.
Have not change any settings since i installed it but even i want to
add text in photoshop....say on the white, i select the text tool,
click on the canvas, a text layer is created and the cursor comes up. a
little black dot appears below the cursor and then i try typing but
nothing comes up and the cursor doesnt even move. but in the layers
window, next to the text layer, the stuff i type shows up. and also
when i click on the canvas again a new text layer is created
automatically and cant edit the previous layer. if some1 has any ideas
plz, any info will be appreciated. thanks

One thing that I can think of is the foreground color. If the foreground color is used as the color of the text. If you filled in a layer with white (using paint bucket) and then proceeded to put in text without changing the color, then the text and the "background" will be the same color. As for editing text, you need to actually click on the location of the text. If you click anywhere, it treats it as adding new text.

Signature Image

.:Administrator and contributer of the Minitokyo-review::Proud helper of Chaos-Cross - Help make MT a better place!:.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

If you don't see your text, try resizing your text box to a size in which the text can be seen. If you click anywhere outside the text box, chances are that a new text layer will be created.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

saiyijinprince

saiyijinprince

Too tired to think....

i tried all different colors and even without a back groud but i still see no text and also no text box, all there is is a cursor and that dot.

A real friend stabs you in the front

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

Quote by saiyijinprincei tried all different colors and even without a back groud but i still
see no text and also no text box, all there is is a cursor and that dot.

Here's another thing to check... the font size. If you have a large image and a 10 pt. font size, you won't see the text. I'll look more like a dot. Since it shows up in your layer view means it is recognizing the text input.

Signature Image

.:Administrator and contributer of the Minitokyo-review::Proud helper of Chaos-Cross - Help make MT a better place!:.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.