female android

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 50 total items

Kenichi

Kenichi

Retired MT Member

Cancel

i searched to see if theres a thread that is what i'm gonna post but i guess not.. anyways something to talk about..

japan developed a few robots and now.. japanese guys developing an female android. my comment about it is that.. its sick. It's bad enough that there are a lot of sick pervs here in japan.. and I guess here too..

female android development.

give ur comments about it.

Signature

Cancel

I think Professor Ishiguro looks pretty creepy in that picture....

• Aug 06, 2005

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Cancel

Haha, no where in the article does it state a purpose for them. Looks good though, like an anime come to life. ~_^

Cancel

Wow, sort of cool but also odd...
Well, Japan's famous for robots, yes? :)

Mizu-kun

Emotionless Baka

Cancel

Damn, that's cool (the android itself, not that the android is "female")
But it is also a little bit scary...

• Aug 06, 2005
Cancel

Yeah, I read about that last week, and I gues the truth is that like it or not, androids are probably something that one day we will have to get used to.

I pretty sure that the android isn't as lifelike as the article claims it is as that would mean jumping from poor to advanced AI technology in a short space of time.

• Aug 06, 2005

LilLaoRyo704

LilLaoRyo704

[????????]

Cancel

Quote by TSPhoenixYeah, I read about that last week, and I gues the truth is that like it
or not, androids are probably something that one day we will have to
get used to.
I pretty sure that the android isn't as lifelike as the article claims
it is as that would mean jumping from poor to advanced AI technology in
a short space of time.

i agree with him, but you should use the searchbox, cuz there's already a thread on this, sorry
http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/28287/

Asucaga:CGK:.Hack:Host Club:G00-D:BWTB:KHO
Signature ImageLatest Wall -> Woodpecker
Latest Vector -> Luke & Asch

Prose

Prose

Wonderlust

Cancel

I hope things get super scientific.. I want a robot body! lol

Signature

kouta84

kouta84

+ NeKo +

Cancel

i like japan :D , japan so great for tecnologi :D XD

Signature

Cancel

Its a dream of mankind to make machines like humans, and they are working on it for a long time. You can see it in so many films, and now is the time where they have done it.
You can program them like you want but not anyone have to like it.
I don't like it.
The distance between people is getting bigger and bigger. One day they will build some of this human looking machines and give them some organic parts -.-'
i only hope that so much movies that are made about it will not come true, couse the time will come where humanity cannot go back there is no safepoint in history

Dragon-of-Rune

+Soul Society+

Cancel

It looks pretty cool, but i hope them don't use it for any sick or perverted things.

Signature Image

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Proud Member in:
.:Tenchu:.
.:Bleach-PS2-Game:. .:Bleach:.
.:Make-a-Friend:.
.:FinalFantasyFans:. .:Final-Fantasy:.
.:Lovingayashi-no-Ceres:.
.:DragonLovers:.

NegativeBahamut

NegativeBahamut

The Grim Angel

Cancel

An android lady... where have I seen this before? Chobits.

Signature Image

It is my duty to pass judgement... the will of the gods is absolute." -Ledah

• Aug 06, 2005
Cancel

Quote by Kenichi
japan developed a few robots and now.. japanese guys developing an
female android. my comment about it is that.. its sick. It's bad enough
that there are a lot of sick pervs here in japan..

Why do people (and mostly girls) always go on to the "omg! what a perv!" kinda side, I guess is true that there is pervs out there thinking bout it, but why do U think that this female android is sick?
I mean, the idea of that project is that she seems real, not that she blows U

Quote: Before Repliee Q1Expo, Professor Ishiguro developed Repliee R1 which had the appearance of a five-year-old Japanese girl.

I don't think thats sick... come on, hes a cientist...

Quote: "Repliee Q1Expo can interact with people. It can respond to people touching it. It's very satisfying, although we obviously have a long way to go yet."

I seriusly doubt that means rubbing her breast....
I think this is some great improvent in tec, imagine the posibilities... I belive that every day we get closer to animes "fiction-reality"
has anyone played phantasy star online?? I would love to have a Mag

• Aug 06, 2005
Cancel

chobits coming to real life yay, all we have to do is add ears from chobits to that android

• Aug 06, 2005

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

Cancel

Quote by Croixchobits coming to real life yay, all we have to do is add ears from chobits to that android

ROFL Chobits

All i can say is HOLY crap. This this kinda bit freaky if u ask me XD

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

Cancel

I wouldn't want a robot to look like me or any other human. I would want them to suit whatever task they are given. I wouldn't want a robot to pass for human. I can't see any good in that. Are we going to use them as nursemaids or teachers??? I think people need to interact with other people and not some kind of mock-human designed to fulfill their needs of human interaction.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

• Aug 06, 2005
Cancel

Really!!! it's cool.

• Aug 06, 2005
Cancel

Quote by ShivaIts a dream of mankind to make machines like humans, and they are working on it for a long time. You can see it in so many films, and now is the time where they have done it.
You can program them like you want but not anyone have to like it.
I don't like it.
The distance between people is getting bigger and bigger. One day they will build some of this human looking machines and give them some organic parts -.-'
i only hope that so much movies that are made about it will not come true, couse the time will come where humanity cannot go back there is no safepoint in history

Programming them would be interesting thing to do.. Characterics all..
But.. Ewww...
I more like real persons who can say no to everything they wan't to.. Or say yes.. Robots may be good for sience and all but I wouldn't wan't to have a scene like in Chobits.. It's just sick.. I can't take it anymore..

Boo-Yah!

• Aug 06, 2005
Cancel

I think it'll be very popular if its modelled like anime girls instead of some women... Then again, seems like if this thing becomes successful, it'll just be similar to the story in chobits...(at least not the part about chii with all the super-natural crap)

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Cancel

Quote by Kenichii searched to see if theres a thread that is what i'm gonna post but i guess not.. anyways something to talk about..
japan developed a few robots and now.. japanese guys developing an female android. my comment about it is that.. its sick. It's bad enough that there are a lot of sick pervs here in japan.. and I guess here too..
female android development.
give ur comments about it.

It's not that sick really. No one is designing a android for sex. They're far too expensive and clumsy for anything like that. People are interested in creating robots that are just like us because they want to know if it can be done. As for why he chose a female appearance, nearly every human being would rather stare at a woman day after day than a man. We're just designed to find females more attractive.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

Cancel

its cool but it its kind of weird and then if someone gets fired from that department i gurantee that they'll steal the blueprints to the android and make a better one or sex android i bet thats whats going to happen

• Aug 06, 2005
Cancel

when there have to be a robot then let her look like the girl in you sigmin, its not human but its cute

Cancel

Definatly an interesting article. It would be nice if in the future (in our lifetime) we get to the point where androids are fairly common and many people have them like in Chobits. I do think designing (some) androids to look like anime girls would be nice to see.

• Aug 07, 2005

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

Cancel

Oh, i think that is just sick. i mean that android looks so creepy. her hand. ugh... XP

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 50 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.