Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Revolutionary Girl Utena! :3 - Minitokyo

Revolutionary Girl Utena! :3

Tagged under Shoujo Kakumei Utena

page 1 of 1 11 total items

ChibiNekoMimi

Honey and Clover <333

^^ I dunno if many people have seen it but I <3333333 Revolutionary Girl Utena, it's one of my absolute favorite animes. I think Akito is my favorite, ^^ especially when he drives to the end of the world and his shirt flys off and he jumps to the hood of the car still steering, it's so hilarious.

UltraMarine

UltraMarine

Detective Prince

I love the Utena anime as well. I liked it so much that I had brought ALOT of Utena merchandise (Cds, artbooks, , trading cards, etc) My most prized possesion is an autographed Utena postcard autographed by the director himself, Kunihiko Ikuhara. He certainly likes to use alot of symbolism throughout the series. Its probably what makes this series very appealing to me.

Signature

ChibiNekoMimi

Honey and Clover <333

Ohhh I know the symbolism ^^ it's such a nice touch, hehe the shadew sisters are my favorite so funny XP. How did you get a Utena postcard autographed by the director!?!?! 0.0 -grumbles- I want one!!! ><

UltraMarine

UltraMarine

Detective Prince

Quote by ChibiNekoMimi How did you get a Utena postcard autographed by the director!?!?! 0.0 -grumbles- I want one!!! &gt;&lt;

He was one of the Japanese guests that came to Otakon Anime Con 2000. I waited in line for a few hours to get his autograph than later bumped into him roaming the hallways and got his picture!! He looks really petite in height.

i do like the symbolism he puts in the anime, but unfortunatly I don't know what some of them mean. Such as whenever the student council meet up, there is usually something going on in the background. The one I can recall is the baseball players. And then there's Miki's stopwatch habit. I still don"t know what's up with that. Anyone knows what it means?

Signature

FallingAwake

FallingAwake

Seafaring Swashbuckler

Shoujo Kakumei Utena is an awesome series in so many ways. Ikuhara is a genius, and you can tell he really wanted to make Utena something totally different and unconventional.

There are so many questions about the series that we'll probably never know the answer to. Such as the identities of the actual people in the pictures hanging in the nemuro memorial hall during the black rose arc. or who are Akio and Anthy? And what happened to the swords at the very end. I like that the series keeps you guessing. Each time you watch it, you notice something different.

I've seen Ikuhara at a few cons, but didn't know who he was until waay later. A shame I didnt get his autograph. I heard he lives in Los Angeles?

Signature Image

after watching the series i learned three things...

1. beautiful men will sleep with you and then betray you
2. jealous siblings (espeically sisters) of beautiful men are scary
3. the show promotes and supports incest

ahaha but that could just be me ^^;;;

Even today when its animation is outdated, Utena's originality really shines thorugh.

It's a shame that Utena gets so little attention and must make do with "cult hit" status while the mainstream is dominated by vapid dime-a-dozen anime that lack Utena's wit, intelligence, and sense of humanity.

Hehe, it's nice to see a discussion thread started for this series. I don't have the time to spend online any more, but I wish you all happy posting.

merged: 03-19-2006 ~ 01:43am
Hehe, it's nice to see a discussion thread started for this series. I don't have the time to spend online any more, but I wish you all happy posting.

Try this URL: <http://gh.ffshrine.org/?r=11074> I like it and I hope you all will.

dianas

dianas

WE ARE OF PEACE ALWAYS

oh u are absolutly right ChibiNekoMimi.. Akito looks great then..
in that red car..#dreamy# *________* he is my fav character too
at firts when i have seen the stile..i was sheur that i wolud not like it
but then started to be interested
and now is one of my favorite animes too >.< Utena is so cute
trying to be a ogi_sama (prince)
i have made a wall with Revolutionary Girl Utena..is the top 1 in the gallery on MT
:D
but oh well Akito is the most good looking #Di is in love# haha again ;)

When life gives you lemons - make a lemonade XD
Creator of: BW-TB-:-C-sW
<--visit us--> Our world is based on attractioN

I really like what I've seen of Revolutionary Girl Utena so far; my friend Ivy is a fan, so I was pleased when I finally got a chance to see some of it. It's truly a gem among anime.

i think the concept for utena is soooo interesting. it's really different and fresh. do you guys know where i can get a better quality? some of the episodes were good, but others were like...60 mb. -_- totally not good. but yeah, utena is one creatively awesome anime. =)

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.