Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Debate: Computers Do More Harm then gd? - Minitokyo

Debate: Computers Do More Harm then gd?

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Lunstar

Lunstar

Formatted...and learning

Hey guys i m joining a debate with the above topic "Computers do more harm than gd" the following week n wanna gathere extra info. Feel free 2 partcipate as opposition or proposition. I will start things off...

Opposition: Computers do more gd than harm because they can help perform numerous meticulous calcalation which would take us much longer years 2 complete manually

PS: Pls base yr statements on actual facts and evidence instead of crapping something up.

ever-ruler

ever-ruler

..: winter air :..

In general I would say that computers do more good than bad. In my opinion, computer is one of mankind's greatest inventions. They can process information very fast and perfectly (given that there is no bug or error) and can perform complex mathematic equations and expressions that would take people a lot of work and time to complete. Used correctly, computers can help people accomplish a lot of things.

But like all great inventions, there will always be people who try to exploit it for bad uses or their own personal gains. For example, programmers who make viruses and spywares. But overall I think computers does more good than harm.

Lunstar

Lunstar

Formatted...and learning

Hmm.. that's wat i felt too... pity i m on the proposition side 4 the debate :sweat: ... tats why i need 2 work harder 2 gather info :nerd:

forte712

forte712

I see the monkey mind...

Computers are neutral, neither bad or good. How we humans use it, can be bad or good...
For me, personaly, it's 50-50

Ii shoubu ni shioze! ~ Maeda Keiji

how can they possibly do any harm. Id like to know that.

Lunstar

Lunstar

Formatted...and learning

Hey we r supposed 2 be having a debate!!! >=( Nvm

Quote by Jacobie15how can they possibly do any harm. Id like to know that.

Computer can be used by hackers to access personal information and hack credit card, game websites etc...I agree with forte712 that it also depends on the way its used

More good than any harm IMHO.

Many many tasks, especially complex and redundant ones, can be quickly achieved by computers than is possible without. This translates into savings on time, labour cost and from errors that are more possible without computers.

Taking example from where I used to work (Lexmark distribution centre and warehouse), we process orders, invoices and past orders using computers (networked to a central server in a separate location). Without computers, we would need to hire more people to work on the orders, and yet more to track any discrepancies caused by human errors. Actually, errors wil definitely occur since we process hundreds of thousands of orders. No human mind and even the conventional filing cabinets can cope with that kind of volume.

In short, computers are inherently beneficial to us. It is strictly a tool. How you use it is up to you and if it is ever "harmful", perhaps the user is not qualified to be using them in the first place?

Regards.

imo
computers do no harm in education wise, the internet on the other hand kills education XD
this is mostly because once i get online, either on msn or aim people start talking to me, and then i start browsing sites and posting in forums and i get addicted and forget the main point of being on the internet (doing an assignment./research).

like forte712 said, computers are neutral, they are a tool. One might as well say hammers do more harm then good. Inanimate objects are neither good nor bad, it all depends on how they are used by human beings. And in the case of computers, they always do exactly what they are told to do by human beings.

"Anything is possible, the impossible just takes longer."

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.