Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Best Mecha Technology - Minitokyo

Best Mecha Technology

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 64 total items

Teryon

Teryon

He who invents Ultratech

So..we all know there`s alot of mech series out there. Alot of have their own nifty little technology in them. So which one`s the best?

Me personally, its a toss up between Gundam and FMP.

Gundam has the Minovsky particle-based technology. Compact fusion, high-energy weapons, radar jamming, ALL based around a similar set of principles. Who can argue with a fusion reactor that can fit in a mech?

Now FMP, on the other hand, has the Lambda driver. Ultimate tech in the hands of the right user, converting thoughts and emotions into physical effects. With a properly trained pilot,one Lambda-driver eqiupped AS could theoretically take on whole armies. After all, the power of the mind is potentially limitless.

So whats your fav mech tech? Why? And what one`s just so bad you laugh at it? I tend to laugh at Tranzor-Z m`self.

"Brute force is not my way. My technology can devise infinitely more
successful, subtle, and unpleasant methods..."
Signature

I would have to say that gundma has covered all types of mech powers. Wing Zero feeds tactics directly into it's pilots mind. Char's Sazabi has funnels. Turn A Gundam can destroy an entire world. I also know that there was a Gundam that uses thoughts to move (I know that it was in Chars Counter Attack). Gundams also have an infinte array of weapons like beamsabers, heat rods, nuclear devices, vibra blades, nearly any type of gun, and portable force fields. Not to mention there abilities to fly in space, water, and land (some that won't even over heat). I also think that the fusion core is bit troublesome in the way that it makes a huge explosion if it is destroyed and can have some radioactive fall out in the process.

I would say the most balanced mech would be if you combined the biological aspects of an Evangelion with the predictable and controlable no plug-in aspects of a Gundam you would have an unbeatable thing. The biomechanics would allow for a better interface between pilot and machine. If you also had the direct oxygen feed of an Eva you could have a more aware pilot and a liquid cushioning system. Not to mention the physcial strength of an Evangelion mixed with the mechanical strengths of a Gundam would be the equvalent of a silverback to the billionth power!

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Now that's quite a thought from Barm o.o I wonder if they'll ever actually make a Gundam series where the Gundams have a biological aspect to them?

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

Each series has a level of technology unique to it's own universe. Gundam just happens to be on top of the list because so much of it's tech seems plausable. The only thing lacking in Gundam is the ability of hyperspace travel.

Now AT Votoms has that ability, even if their mechas aren't as big. And there are mecha in the Gall Force series, and that anime has weapons that can destroy star systems. Which really has nothing to do with mecha technology directly.

And Barm mentioned the Eva biomechanics, The Gundam F91 already has a biocomputer, it also has a shadow imager, and twin variable speed beam rifles.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

Teryon

Teryon

He who invents Ultratech

..I hope they dont Terra. Thats one of the ideas *I* wanna use when I start an anime company in 5 or 6 years.

"Brute force is not my way. My technology can devise infinitely more
successful, subtle, and unpleasant methods..."
Signature

i think gundam style mecha are too cliche especially since most mecha series feature tecnological mech designs.i think it would be cool if they should base their design on organic stuff

screenlooker

screenlooker

master chief's real face

the eva
hands down the most complex and most interesting

Godfrey of Ibelin: Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.

Well the Evangelion Mechs were pretty interesting in that they were basically alive... And the fact that it could become God under certain circumstances...

i guess gundam series has the best mecha technology than the others

my most fav. mech animes are full metal panic and evangelion but even though FMP has powerfull technology evangelions would woop arm slaves any day hands down heck they would kick the crap out of any kind of mech from any series as long as they dont cut the power cord to the evas.

Cohex

Cohex

Junglist

Eva by far, they could take out X number of these so called "mechs" escally with the lance of loginess, s2 parts, the knifey. They are also so much better when they are berserk. And they have AT fields, the only downside is power SO with gundam power technology they would be hte ulitmate machine. AT fields>*

* being anything

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

What, no love for Transformers? The arrogance! XD

To tell the truth, I don't like either. But if I have to choose one, I'll go with the Gundam technology stuff.

But ultimately, I prefer the Xenogears mech itself.

AniDemon

AniDemon

The stampede is coming!

Quote by darkisrafelWell the Evangelion Mechs were pretty interesting in that they were basically alive... And the fact that it could become God under certain circumstances...

I agree

Signature

IMHO the best mecha technology belongs to the Zone of the Enders. Orbital Frame tech among others (from observation) include:

Space manipulation - the compressed space (CS) fields, vector trap, CS weapons, etc.

Extreme strength - those who follow ZOE & have played ZOE2 should at least know the hovertrain scene (results in ability to throw around other mecha like ragdolls to be of near certainty).

Extreme speeds - highest recorded conventional speed (with thrusters) = 400,000 km/h. They can clear Earth gravity easily = at least requiring 40,000 km/h. And of course, there's always the Zero Shift.

Weapons systems - horrendous firepower, homing energy weapons (definitely not mere lasers), burst mode, use of vector trap to carry entire arsenal of weapons, CS weapons, etc.

Defensive mechanisms - regenerative self-supporting armor technology (SSA), conventional energy shields, CS shield (nullify all forms of attack except another CS attack).

Damage regeneration - OFs regenerate damage like living organisms as long as it has sufficient energy and/or Metatron.

Power generation - OFs use anti-matter reactors (anti-proton) already at high MT/GT level & greatly increases in power upon receiving certain upgrades (read: Zero Shift program).

Computing technology/interface - OFs use quantum computers and interfaces directly with their runners using the so-called MindFlow System. Advanced onboard combat AI. Drawback: can cause Metatron poisoning/madness. It is popularly theorised that onboard AI function as a buffer between the MindFlow System & the runner.

Metamorphic properties: Metatron is metamorphic in nature & OF parts can metamorphose into weapons or appendages or parts according to the dictates of the runner or AI.

Cohex

Cohex

Junglist

what i said b4 volrath77 at fields >*

I'd say all of 'em have their own mech tech. but overall Gundam covered most of 'em

Signature

>.<

Prius

Gundam Forever

well, i think gundam has most of them. like N-Jammer Canceller, dragoon, Phase Armor n much more. Its really high tech.

Appreciate Every Moments In Our Lives And Love Yourself......

Cohex

Cohex

Junglist

Hmmm every1 says al this bout gundamns but can any of it go through an AT field...like seriosly mabey they have all these speed boosters and such, but can ANY of its artinary beat through an AT field...i htink not!!!!....damn there are alot of gaydums lovers out there.....go watch a reall anime

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Gundams, Evangelion (even though it's not as technolized as the Gundams) and Voltes V!

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

Id say Evangelion evas,with gundams close second...

I just love the Gundam-style technologies. The speed, the power, the high tech weaponry, the abilities granted by each suit (such as Mirage Celluloid, etc), I love em all. There's some MS that I'm not crazy about, but overall I prefer the advancements of Gundam technology. The Freedom is by far my favourite, followed closely by the Wing Zero Custom.

I also love the fact that no matter how sophisticated the MS technologies are, it usually comes down to swords and shields (Strive VS Aegis, Zero VS Epyon to name a couple)

On this not I also like the mecha of Escaflowne. The Guymelefes have an elegance to them and what could be cooler than a mobile suit powered by the heart and sould of a dragon?

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

All of you are living in the past!!!!

Ultra-electromagnetic technology is still the best. Imagine the world without it... we're still be ruled by horned aliens.

Voltes V is God!!! Know him and you'll know everything.... i guess....???

Signature

bloodguardkeshik

bloodguardkeshik

Until my next post...

Mazinkaiser is the most powerful mecha. It can withstand just about anything and not even chip its paint job (crashing into earth at top speed? No problem!) In addition, he can dish it out just as well. Hail the super robots genre!

saiyijinprince

saiyijinprince

Too tired to think....

I would like to say evangelions but technically, the evas are not really machas so I'll say FMP...lambda drive is awesome!

A real friend stabs you in the front

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 64 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.