Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why do you think Case Closed is so long? - Minitokyo

Why do you think Case Closed is so long?

Tagged under Detective Conan

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

ForceofNature05

ForceofNature05

I'm a girl.

It's 6:00 here in California and I just finished watching Case Closed or Adult Swim. I wanted to look up how long the series is and there are 404 episodes that i know of and it is still going. 404? isn't that a little too much? i also found out there are about 6 or more movies and the latest one released in june of this year!!! >_< Simple Question: why do you think the series is so long and when will it come to an end? @_@

Signature Image

Every memory has a soundtrack.

As long as their is still a story to tell they will keep going. Although I don't think series should be dragged out of at least 100 episodes. 400 too much.

That's the thing, Case Closed can get away with so many episodes because, really, it doesn't have much of a story. Most of the episodes are about different murders or other crimes and are disconnected, with maybe a little bit of main story in there at the end/beginning.

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

well, 405 has just been released in raw by Saiya Man

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Well im not familiar with case cold.

Kazuki-Shikimori

MT-U Anime & Manga Consultant

its not even that good(i wish maburaho was that long^_^)

Easy one : because it's popular.

Lot of people watch it even if it doesn't seem the kind of anime/manga that few people love, it's the kind of anime/manga that lot of people like...

I'm not that sure but I think that Case Closed (Metantei Conan) is the most watched anime in Japan, audience : approximately 20 % when the "best anime in 2003" Gundam Seed had only... approximately 5 %.

But one of the other answers is also the manga is long, at least 50 books, and it's still running.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

ForceofNature05

ForceofNature05

I'm a girl.

i didn't know it was so popular!! @_@ and it's been going on for so long i thought people would lose interest eventually but it's still going strong. i guess all the more power if you can milk a series into 405+ episodes and still have it interesting! ^_^

Signature Image

Every memory has a soundtrack.

LilKittyCrazie

LilKittyCrazie

Tifa....

because the comic book is even longer.

I mean as long as the fans keep the ratings high it will continue....my guess is it will end when ratings drop and then u get a rushed ending

Conan is really popular in Japan ^^ It doesn't get worse...and the movies are excellent O_O you should watch one of them...

destati

Yuusha-Oh

It'll keep on going for as long as they can think up new crimes for him to solve. If they're still making money, why stop?

Then again, it doesn't compare to Sazae-san and Doraemon...

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

can i tell a joke....

nothing ever happens at any place right

then our pint size hero goes there and voila

a murder, a case, a mystery, a body....someone dies in essence

then...our hero solves the case...

doesn;t that make you doubt the fact that is BAD LUCK?

i mean, look, he goes one place, then something has got happen, murder doesn't occur that bloody often and it only happens whenever he is around!

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Kiako

Kiako

the shadow

Quote by Devildudecan i tell a joke....

nothing ever happens at any place right

then our pint size hero goes there and voila

a murder, a case, a mystery, a body....someone dies in essence

then...our hero solves the case...

doesn;t that make you doubt the fact that is BAD LUCK?

i mean, look, he goes one place, then something has got happen, murder doesn't occur that bloody often and it only happens whenever he is around!

i would consider it good luck.....more or less XP

tja i find it interesting and the movies are very good too^^

I doubt it would be interesting if there were no cases. But it's a kind of "fact" that has to be accepted when reading/watching detective conan.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

Good question.I don't know,but i agree with KasumiCC
" Conan is really popular in Japan ^^ It doesn't get worse...and the movies are excellent O_O you should watch one of them..." ^_^'

cifiryn

cifiryn

~ Erase & Rewrite ~

Because people like it XD Me included!

I love Meitantei Conan! It's fun, easy to follow, has good music, the movies are just great!

I like the fact that I don't need to watch every single episode out of the 400-something to be able to follow the story, and that's way it doesn't really bother me that it is such a long anime/manga.

I enjoy the movie more than the anime, mainly because the animeation is much better and the stories are more "complex" (as expected... duh).

And as oppossed to a lot of other animes, in which the animeation gets worse and wrose, and the quality and originality decrease by episode, in Conan I think the quality imrpoves and the animation gets better...

I wouldn't mind if it kept on going :)

Dragonkinght

Dragonkinght

fullmetal alchemist

hey its nice to see detective conan. through it has a long episode the mystery is still exciting.

it's not a bad anime. o.o i actually got interested in it and started watching like 3 eps a day lol. i wouldn't mind if it goes really long cuz i like the deducting part. XD

It can run forever because it's not really interrelated. It's just fun serial stories.

i heard that it was supposed to end at vlume 20+ but since the fans in japan are interested in conan rather than shinichi. besides if conan became shinichi agaon then the anime would end since the title first of all is detective conan.

merged: 05-18-2007 ~ 10:16pm
volume* again*

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

The Detective Conan Manga will end at the volume 61.

It will end at file 1000 or volume 100

It's actually a good series, with (usually) compelling mysteries, and a villain who has, as far as I know, yet to be revealed. This is going to last.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.