Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is a Wallpaper Signature advisable? - Minitokyo

Is a Wallpaper Signature advisable?

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Emma

Emma

Dew Dust

I notice that some people don't put their name on their wallpapers, but yet others do. I am wondering how many people actually do put their names on theirs and is there really a good reason to do so besides the obvious of someone claiming your art (which to be honest I can't picture anybody would do). In other words, does it matter?
Thanks ^_^

Signature Image

The only reason I can think of would be so that no one steels your work. But other than that, just to personalize it, to look a little better, I guess. I usually don't personalize wallpapers.

Here are some of mine...:
(1280 x 1024) http://experimentals2.250free.com/abstrocity_background_01.jpg
(1280 x 1024) http://experimentals2.250free.com/abstract_background.jpg
(1280 x 1024) http://experimentals2.250free.com/104_12804_1024.JPG (Just a simple Hayabusa one ;p)

I always put my name on them :)

2 reasons:
1. I like that a wallpaper I've put effort and time in, is credited to me. They are my little babies ;)
2. There are loads of rippers out there - there are several threads on this forum reporting sites which have ripped other members wallapers :(

sEsShIeLov3R

sEsShIeLov3R

Hoi Hoi..Nya

i don't put my name on it...mostly cuz its bad and i don't have to worry about people taking it...haha XD

Signature Image

Boom.

Emma

Emma

Dew Dust

Quote by SumomoThere are loads of rippers out there - there are several threads on this forum reporting sites which have ripped other members wallapers

That is horrible!! That is a good enough reason for me. And yeah! I agree also with the first.

Thanks guys! :D

Signature Image

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Signatures are advisible because it brands the wallpaper as your own work. A small piece of text with your name, possibly an address to your webpage (or even your MT userpage if you don't have one) that otherwise fits snugly under the windows task bar (default on the bottom) is all you need.

Emma

Emma

Dew Dust

Thanks Tama-Neko for the advice!

Signature Image

pana

pana

imagination is a state of mind

Quote by Tama-NekoSignatures are advisible because it brands the wallpaper as your own
work. A small piece of text with your name, possibly an address to your
webpage (or even your MT userpage if you don't have one) that otherwise
fits snugly under the windows task bar (default on the bottom) is all
you need.

have to agree with that statement and others listed above
its your wallpaper , u put the time and effort into creating it so u should get credited for it
enough said:)

My Newest Wallpaper is :
Gun X Sword:Worlds Apart

Signature Image

DeezAlien

DeezAlien

8th Seal

Quote by Sumomo-I always put my name on them :)

2 reasons:
1. I like that a wallpaper I've put effort and time in, is credited to me. They are my little babies ;)
2. There are loads of rippers out there - there are several threads on this forum reporting sites which have ripped other members wallapers :(

I agree, ill add another reasn to that,
I will put my name on my work to Advertise a certain website :P
Even if you put your name on your work, i am sure there are people who claim it anyway

Wallpaper fly all throughout the web, thats why you need to put a name,
so people will say "Oh this person is awesome!" :P

Signature
Anime: 195.2 GB - *sigh* Give me back my springtime of YOUTH!!!

sacredsky

sacredsky

Haunted by Ghosts

I really think its a good idea to have a signature on your work, and also a little thing like an email address or website url on their too, so people who might want to use your wallpaper as a bg for their website or something like that can contact you for your permission. And you don't have to make a boring sig...you can put it in a cool font that matches your wallpaper or something like that :D

But even if you think your wall is bad, put your name on it or some evil person might come and claim it as their own :( All that hard work gone to waste!

Signature

I don't make Wallpapers or anything, but I paint and draw, and I always sign it haha. I have a pen name and everything. Probably because I'm a little obsesivve Plus this way I can give my pictures to people and they can remeber I gave it to them. Even when they are old and find it in their basemnt and then sell it for lots of money some day hahaha just kidding but you get my point :P

polarie

polarie

..my heart is crying out loud...

i was wondering how effective is the signature since if rippers really want to, they could jus crop off the portion where the signature was.. anyway i mean the signature takes up so little space, it's easy to crop off and then add in the necessary missing length without the signature isn't it?

Signature

proud member of Nippon-Foods | JapaneseLover | Chibi-Fest

Well...if someone really wants to rip your work it doesn't matter what kind of signature you put in because it can be photoshopped out...just having a signature at all at least warns people that they're stealing from a specific person and not just "off the internet"

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.