Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Should students be given homeworks during school holdays? - Minitokyo

Should students be given homeworks during school holdays?

page 3 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 160 total items

Shoku

Shoku

Looking for past friends

Quote by s9031496c

Quote by ShokuThank you again. I am grateful that for once a girl is prasing me that much.

Don't mention it......*blush*

aw you are blushing. I never made some act this way. It is almost always me trying to stop from blushing when I meet someone pretty and cute ^^

well it should be forbidden to give homework in holidays =P

Signature

Shoku

Shoku

Looking for past friends

Quote by SuprXer0well it should be forbidden to give homework in holidays =P

yes it should. Revolt.

I only get summer reading beside work to get ready for college. I sure age fast and I am old too compare to some ppl whom I met. ^^ :)

s9031496c

s9031496c

.:. NAMIE .:.

Quote by Shoku

Quote by s9031496c

Quote by ShokuThank you again. I am grateful that for once a girl is prasing me that much.

Don't mention it......*blush*

aw you are blushing. I never made some act this way. It is almost always me trying to stop from blushing when I meet someone pretty and cute ^^

*Blushing*Really?? Don't I make ya feel good since always the girls makin ya blush. Now ya make me*giggles*

Thanx endoftheworld for the sig^_^
Signature
You can call me Namie or Batrisha. May God Bless ya always!

no!!! NO homework during holidays.
Why else would it be called a holiday???

A holiday means we have a holiday, where we don't work and RELAX......:)

s9031496c

s9031496c

Quote by sangel99A holiday means we have a holiday, where we don't work and RELAX......:)

Damn right!

Signature

s9031496c

s9031496c

Thank you 4 postin' in this thread guys^_^
Sayounara....

Signature

taimoor

Oooh!!! banana pie!

It's already been proven that homework has little to no effect on most student;s performance in school, so I say everyone should do what Spain did and ban it altogether.

(No joke... it's illegal to give overnight or over-weekend assignments in public schools in spain.)

~Tai
Hating AOLers since 1997.

Parallax

Parallax

Actively Inactive

As if students can learn something while making assignments during holidays. It's just foolish.

Spidey-Matt

Spidey-Matt

Shira (Spidey-Matts Chicken)

Hell no! I hate hw Teachers seem to love giving us Assesment tasks on the holidays and most of our holidays only go for 2 week except for our Christmas ones. I'm in my final year at school...hw just adds more stress :S and apparently hw and assesment tasks are not study...what a load of...bollix? lol :S

Signature
Click here to visit my gallery.

Sniper's Motto:"Don't run, you'll only die tired!"

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

Nope, there should not be any homework on holidays. It'll be the same as the other days of the year if we still have to think if we can accomplish those homework before going back to school *shudder* totally unreasonable ~_~

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

Ask yourself one major question, right now.

"Do I indend to go to college after I'm done with high school?"

If yes, you need to get your homework done. Your teachers, as you get closer to your senior year of high school, are going to give you more homework. Why? Because college professors don't give a damn how you feel about it, they're going to assign you homework, so much so that it'll probably be coming out of your ears. You'll have project deadlines you have to meet, and your teachers now are trying to get you used to that. That is their job: to get you ready for college. If you want to succeed and make something of yourself, do your work.

Unlike public school, your vacations aren't part of the quarter. I'm attending a community college before I transfer to The Ohio State University, and the fall quarter, which begins September 21, will end December 10. The winter quarter will begin January 03. Over that period of time between quarters, I won't have any assignments, projects, etc. At least be happy that in college, you're not in the same classes all year round; you register for new ones each quarter. Yes, it costs money, but if you hate your professor, you won't have him/her again.

If no, then you'd better just drop out or barely make it to graduation from high school and sell food at McDonald's.

Oh, before you get it completely and permanently embedded in your head that your teachers are getting the holiday, you're wrong. My mom taught immature middle school brats for a few years, and you know what she did during break? Graded papers and did lesson plans for the week school started back up. My high school teachers did the same thing. Your teachers do it too. And if you're taking Advanced Placement (AP) courses in high school, which are actually college courses, the College Board is the one who sets the curriculum, because the AP exams (I took two) are in May, and your AP teachers, who must get you ready for those exams, have every right in the world to give you homework the summer before you actually start the class.

It's not as unfair as you think it is. It's actually for your benefit that you get homework over the holidays.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

-Zero-

-Zero-

Rockman Zero

As a student, we should study every days.

Signature
Force always be with you.

kazuki-

kazuki-

luvinksz baybe tran.. [ x3 ]

I don't really mind as long if it's like just a little ( like a peice of paper ) If they give more than that i reckon it's unfair!!

haha... technically speaking no. That's why it's called a holiday. But teachers are so evil that they torment their students. :pacman:

Ryoki-san

Ryoki-san

multum in parvo-ore no ichiru

Quote by thndrwv5

Quote by musicgeneratordepends which holiday i mean if you have an exam when
you come back, then your homework is revision, but summer no, i never go
homework on during summer thanks god

agree, and by the way, teacher
that give homework for summer, they wanna keep us at home or sumthin...cuz
we not going to have the same teacher next year anyway...y do they give us
hw for... :sweat:

yeah. i haven't had homework over any holidays[yet] but no you shouldn't teachers just
wanna make you suffer kuz they halfta grade over their time off. the thing about not havin
the same teacher the next year is just pathetic if ya never see the student again just tell'em
how much ya hate'em and how you hope they have a bad life so you ken laugh at them and
let it all be over en done

Signature
dont cut off your own arm just to spite me
sig frm saku

I don't think they should give homework. Its already stated school holiday!! We should be given the chance to enjoy the holiday.

We needed the rest to walk a longer distant.
A student without rest cannot learn much compared to 1 that did right?
:nya: Me and my pure laziness theory. :nya:

LilLaoRyo704

LilLaoRyo704

[????????]

even if the teachers give me homework, i do my homework at school, early in the morning, and during lunch.

Asucaga:CGK:.Hack:Host Club:G00-D:BWTB:KHO
Signature ImageLatest Wall -> Woodpecker
Latest Vector -> Luke & Asch

Yann

Yann

Twisted game of love

i don't think that there should be homework, since everyone needs a break from something that they do for most of the time

Gaara145

Gaara145

Sabaku_no_Cat O.o

whats the use of even having a holiday if they are gonna give us homework

Signature
Sankyuuu ladygoofy for the gorgeous sig!

kazuki-

kazuki-

Yes i agree....

s9031496c

s9031496c

I agree too......sadly>_<
I just got to know that my end of year holiday is shorten by 2 weeks*yell*
All third grade high school students need to attend this *extended curriculum*thingy.
In other words......no break!!!

Signature

kazuki-

kazuki-

Quote by s9031496cI agree too......sadly&gt;_&lt;
I just got to know that my end of year holiday is shorten by 2 weeks*yell*
All third grade high school students need to attend this *extended curriculum*thingy.
In other words......no break!!!

So your getting no holiday hmmz that's really sad...

page 3 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 160 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.