Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wealthy snobs or nice poor people? - Minitokyo

Wealthy snobs or nice poor people?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Limefreak

Limefreak

So many Limes so little time

Do you find it harder to befriend, the wealthy?
Do you think wealthy people are generally more selfish,self-centered,and less compassionate,
than middle to low income people?
I find it hard to befriend wealthier people because,they usually just brag about all the "status"
and all of their stuff it's so annoying ^_^'.
What are your opinions?

Hmm... well you know just because there wealthy or poor that doesn't mean anything about there personality.

Anway I don't care about if there rich or poor. Just need a guy that's there when you need him.

animefairy

animefairy

Bored student

I probably prefer nice poor people than wealthy people! The poor doesn't deserved to be poor! Everyone should be equal!! That is what I think, but I don't know about you.

Thank you so much to soujiokita fro making my avy and sig! Mega thanks! *hugs*
Signature
Check out my userpage layout by Chichiri1907

TimothytheDarkMagician

TimothytheDarkMagician

The True Dark Magician

Well I'm not really all that sure I've got friends from both social classes... though I'm in a lower one myself.

Signature Image

trinigirl524

trinigirl524

WeST iNDee

between nice people and snobby people, i agree, i would rather befriend someone who is nice, i dont like people who brag about themselves, its not fun being around them, as for social status, it doesnt matter to me if their rich or poor or middle to me, as long as we can get along

Signature Image
:::COLORFULL WALLIES!:::Free--wallers:::
Currently Taking Music Code Requests
Feel free to PM or go to my page for more details

Ryoki-san

Ryoki-san

multum in parvo-ore no ichiru

i'd beriend the poor 'cuz they wont brag about any thing and practically scream for you ta be
jealouse to the point that you just wanna punch them in the face steal their kidneys sell 'em on
e-bay take their money (and anything else you ken pown off etc.) and leave them in a tub
of ice with a family of hill billies that's known fot marrieing their cousins, mothers, fathers,
brothers, sisters,aunts, uncles etc. you get were i'm goin donchya? no offence to the nice richies out
their (okay just to make this clear i have nothing agenst any one seriously this is to noone
inparticular just rich snobs in general)

Signature
dont cut off your own arm just to spite me
sig frm saku

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I generally see this pattern no matter where I'm at. Most of the rich people these days tend to be "show-offs", thinking that they have enough money to buy what they want, but in turn, they are quite selfish. Most of the middle and low income people end up spending their money just to help complete what some of the rich people started, and the rich people end up saving their money more often. However, I find it better to be a bit conservative and allow my earnings to add up before I buy anything luxurious and long-lasting. In short, I'd rather befriend a nice person who is willing to sacrifice their own money to help those who need help, condoning the level of wealth that they have.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

cardmage

cardmage

After you

Ummm... I'd rather befriend a nice poor guy than a wealthy snob. However, the rich aren't always snobbish. I think having the strength of character to be humble even when you're rich is good.

Life is tranquil, Death is peaceful...
Signature
Its the transition that is troublesome...

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Can't really say I have friends from both but I'm some where in te middle.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

Quote by LimefreakDo you find it harder to befriend, the wealthy?
Do you think wealthy people are generally more selfish,self-centered,and less compassionate,
I find it hard to befriend wealthier people because,they usually just brag about all the "status"
and all of their stuff it's so annoying ^_^'.What are your opinions?

To the question in your thread title, of course nice & poor over the rich snob. Not only in terms of preference, but nice people are obviously easier to befriend. There's not much of a debate there.

But I dont know.. you're generalizing a bit too much I think, to say that wealthy people have these kinds of personality problems. Hypothetically there can be people who turn around and say stereotypical things about lower class people too (e.g. they're dumb, cause social problems, lazy, uncultured, rude, etc.). The fact that some less privileged people detest the wealthy for being 'snobs' obviously in itself, shows that not all 'poor' people are nice.

I think its about perception. I don't know if the confidence/snobbiness of the rich is something you can blame them for. It's a fact that they're different in a lot of ways from the average person, and being the humans that they are, naturally would acknowledge it and give themselves too much credit for it, becoming elitist and what is referred to in this thread as self-centered and snobby. Those who are not as privileged don't understand the wealthy culture (which is not just about showing off and spending money.. that's oversimplified) and while often envying what the rich have, condemn their bad personalities at the same time, which is a convenient way to escape feeling inferior.

Both are at fault. People should try to get along instead of trying to pick out shortcomings in others. But then again, that's not human nature is it..

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

SilentKnight

SilentKnight

Spit Fire Like Dhalsim

seeing as how this question seems to over-generalize social classes, I'll just say this. I'll choose the nice guy over the snob anyday, regardless of that person's economic status.

Leader of the Hip Hop And Rap Alliance: http://hiphopandrapalliance.minitokyo.net/
Signature Image

You can't just say all rich people are conceited. Sure, some of them might be, but it's not always like the movies ^.^. Just be friends with nice people, and don't judge them by how much their parents make...that's just kinda weird...heh

Signature Image

DaemonPhyreWyrm

Behold the power of cheese

I'd befriend the nice person, money wouldn't come into the friendship equation for a while...eh?

sleepingforest

-=-Novice Violinist-=-

i'd definitely be friends with nice people. i hate people that are cocky, self-centered etc. unfortunately, majority of the people that pops up in my life are like that which explains why i don't have that many friends. i especially hate people that thinks they are so smart that they can belittle people. people like that are just trash of society.

Signature Image

In memories of Aerith Gainsborough....
SleepingForest.

s9031496c

s9031496c

.:. NAMIE .:.

I love to befriend with kind, caring, funny, helpful and polite. I felt these people are my role modal and I should develop these qualities too. I wanna become one of them!
Wealhty people are always associate with self-centered, selfish and not helpful. It depends on really what kind of people you really are. Even when these people are not wealthy... Are ya sure they would not brag about what they have? Wealthy people "brag" bout their "Status" as they afriad that people would think their company have gone bankcrupt...
It is just a mask over people. My closeset uncle is a rich man....He's my fav uncle!

Thanx endoftheworld for the sig^_^
Signature
You can call me Namie or Batrisha. May God Bless ya always!

Hakukuroneko

Hakukuroneko

White Black Cat

I like to befriend to anybody that can have fun just hanging out with me!! It doesnt matter if they are poor or rich(I have only poor friends so I can't tell how rich friends act). ^_^

Signature Image
Thanks Sumomo for the Sig :)
"If Life deals you a bad hand...cheat" (GTO)
"give a kid a smoke and he'll be happy for a day, teach a kid how to smoke, he'll be happy for a whole shortened life time." (GTO)

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

well, i have friends from both worlds, so i don't find any problems befriending the wealthy or poor. as alisha said, it will depend on their character and personality and it's not fair to generalize all wealthy people as snobbish and boastful or stereotype the poor as being nicer. but in response to the title of your thread, i would of course prefer a nice poor friend over a wealthy snob, not because i would be choosy over their socioeconimic position, but because i just want to have a nice friend.

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Man, it's okay as long as they are approachable and really nice.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

staplefreak6

staplefreak6

I love Vincent!

Quote by LimefreakDo you find it harder to befriend, the wealthy?
and all of their stuff it's so annoying ^_^'.What are your opinions?

hey! i dont brag! only my mom does that.... ^_^''' but i do like befriending the "lower" class people that the "Higher" class people because they are nice(i'm like middle to high class~_~ but only cause i'm an only child man...now i do feel like i'm breaging T-T)....my cousins a "higher" class person but most of the time i want to kill him because he thinks he's better than everybody else....or more so he thinks he better that all the girls in the world.....(but he couldnt beat me up if he wanted to...well maybe if he wanted to >_>) but yea i can agree to most terms on that ^_^

Signature Image

i luff u vinny!!!! ^_^

Firebomb

Anime Lover

it doesn't matter if there rich or poor. i believe that it all depends on their personality. a couple of friends of mine are rich but they don't brag about it. then i see these other people that brag about it all the time. they make the middle class and lower class fell sad.

thecatmistress

thecatmistress

the cat`s meow

i definetly befreind those who are nice, money or not, if they`re nice to everyone, i shall be their friend... but if i had to choose between those two subjects i`d choose the nicce poor person. because to them money doesn`t matter. they find happiness in anyway. i love that in a friend

Signature Image
my user page made by k1ru ^^
COLOFULL WALLIES!

HikyuuTera

HikyuuTera

*~*The Kenshin Addict*~*

Quote by AlishaHmm... well you know just because there wealthy or poor that doesn't mean anything about there personality.
Anway I don't care about if there rich or poor. Just need a guy that's there when you need him.

I agree because my sister knows some one who is wealthy and doesn't really act like that.I'm not saying all wealthy peopel are like that but I befriend people on the account of their attitude towards me or atleast try to.I also befriend them if they need some one to be their friend.

Signature Image
The way to atone is to believe in what we have here.
-Kenshin

PinkPanther35753

PinkPanther35753

Love? Can you discribe it?

yea i think its harder to befriend the weathly sometimes because they can be a little more selfish that others but also SOME people that have no other siblings can also be a little more selfish!!! ~some~

Love is like Gravity, it pulls you toward the earth, just as you are pulled toward your lover.
Signature Image

Abandicoot

Abandicoot

Princess of all bandicoots

I totally agree, the general attitude of the wealthy is rather snobbish at times, but if you go deep enough into anyone you quickly discover they are not as bad as they seem. They have hidden thoughts ambitions that get masked because of that rich mask they put on because they are insecure. But all in all I think it really truly depends on the person and how they were brought up.

Abandicoot (thanks for the sig "Limefreak") Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.