Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Your Thoughts on WWII - Minitokyo

Your Thoughts on WWII

page 3 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 99 total items

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by Alisha

Quote by AkaikenHitler's crazy and he hates Jews so he did that Genocide!
Every Jew, men, women, old, children were on the chamber and they
started to pouring poisonous gas inside that killed all of them...

Ture but that's not the only thing that they did with the Jews. But the Germans where just emotionless. Unlike the Japanese. They where the crazy ones I beleave. It seems as if a lot of you know the Europen story but the war in the Pacific was much worst.

Yeah... and to think that Japan is the only one who did that on all the countries on Asia (particularly the Eastern-Southeastern part...). All of the countries on Southeast Asia are down except for the Philippines at that time since Philippines is the only country to stand out against Japan but still, Japan got it.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

Quote by hdudecities weren't superimportant? destroy the culture? i think you are
wrong there. There are no cities that aren't important, and they drop a
bomb in a city the culture of the city is kappoooff also. which mean a
part of the culture in japan is lost...lets say japan drop a nuke on
Texas. you think part of american culture will be lost?! every city
every town big or small has it's own value on the world. :) By the
way...who really build the nukes? is it all american brains? or is it
with germans / euro scientist who actually make the nukes? I think i
saw it on discovery years back but i forgot if its about the nuke
though.

Ha! Funny it sounds like if your one of those sterotypics. :) No you don't even know why we droped those bombs or what would have happend if we didn't. Millions more would have died including the Japanese.

Quote by jaws909I personally have a great interest in WW2 history, and luv seeing WW2 era stuff at museums/air shows and such :D

Oh yeah I do too. :) Blame my brother I guess. ^_^'

Lets just say the Nazis, Facist (italians), and the Japanese got the taste of USA's industrial might....
One thing that scares me is the Nazi's technological advancements that were years ahead of their time. For example todays B-2 bomber is almost has the identical design as the top secret long range jet bomber called the Xp-35 (**im not sure if that is the correct name) With a bomber like that the Nazis could have dropped A-bombs with out being detected on stratigic locations like New York City and Washington DC. Luckily the Allies were able to end the war in Europe before those planes can be mass produce.

Do u guys think the fire bombings of Dreden and Tokyo was accually stratigic or just for revenge?

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Man, war's just tragic! Nuff said...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

Quote by shadowdorkLets just say the Nazis, Facist (italians), and the Japanese got the
taste of USA's industrial might.... One thing that scares me is the
Nazi's technological advancements that were years ahead of their time.
For example todays B-2 bomber is almost has the identical design as the
top secret long range jet bomber called the Xp-35 (**im not sure if
that is the correct name) With a bomber like that the Nazis could have
dropped A-bombs with out being detected on stratigic locations like New
York City and Washington DC. Luckily the Allies were able to end the
war in Europe before those planes can be mass produce.

Thats what I was saying. There technology was much more advanced at the time. A lot of countries used or stole some of the desinges from Germany. And the bomb thing that's the thing I was takling about but there bomb was suppost to be stronger then the atomic bomb itself.

Quote: Do u guys think
the fire bombings of Dreden and Tokyo was accually stratigic or just
for revenge?

Hmm... How about the both of them? I mean come on what else are you gonna call when you punch someone back cause they hit you?

Quote:
Thats what I was saying. There technology was much more advanced at the
time. A lot of countries used or stole some of the desinges from
Germany. And the bomb thing that's the thing I was takling about but
there bomb was suppost to be stronger then the atomic bomb itself.

Well yeah... every country bites off other country's military power/design...its been like that pretty much in every war...Every country is trying to out do each other...and becoming "threats" Even today... that's why Bush freak'n declared war on Iraq...

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

lol. there was a history channel program on this today.

well WWII was partly europes fault. they blamed germany for WWI (rightly so) and billed the country for all there damage (again right). even though that was a good idea it basically set the ground work for WWII.
Germany is in poverty
Hitler blames jews
rallys troops
holocaust
D-Day
we cut off japanese supply ships to nazis
they bomb us
we bomb them
then its over
Every action has a reaction, but in war its not always equal

Signature ImageThere was glitter everywhere! It looked like somebody stabbed a pixie.
Roadie of .::DarK LeaF::.

bobobob

bobobob

wandering

Quote by hdude

Quote by bobobob

Quote by Berserker13WWII = ppl dying = unhapiness = revenge = more ppl
dying = Atomic bombs
dropped on Nagasaki/Hiroshima = 2 cities obliviated = (forgot # of ppl
that died in the 2 attacks) = surrender
The continuous circle of Death and Despair "Makes you wonder if it will
only end when your enemy is totally destroyed" -Desert Tiger
well.....my point is the US didn't have to drop the bombs
(Fatman/Little Boy) since they knew Japan was losing
anyway.............but they did to make their point/TEST out their new
toy..........i think the drop of the bombs were wrong cuz of all the
deaths it created + they were 99% civillians not soldiers
..........................the attack on Pearl Harbor was targeted on
SOLDIERS/war related equipment not civillians

yes and you are
wrong in a way. they did drop the bombs to scare the army of japan.
they droped the nukes on hirosima and nagasaki cause it would scare the
hell out of the japs and the cities werent superimportant. yes they had
civilians in the cities but if they bombed those, it wouldnt distroy
the culture or the japs socicaty.

cities weren't superimportant? destroy the culture? i think you are
though.

ok i ment it wouldnt distroy all japanese hope of living and those wernt politicaly influensed there

Quote by Alisha

Quote by hdudecities weren't superimportant? destroy the culture? i
think you are
though.

Ha! Funny it sounds like if your one of those sterotypics. :) No you
don't even know why we droped those bombs or what would have happend if
we didn't. Millions more would have died including the Japanese.

lol no no, i'm just quoting exactly on what bobobob say about cities weren't so important part only. About the bombing yes probably if we didn't bomb them millions will die. but also possible other good thing "might" happen if we didn't bomb em. we won't know :)

Signature

>.<

Quote by maverickmechaniclol. there was a history channel program on this today.
well WWII was partly europes fault. they blamed germany for WWI
(rightly so) and billed the country for all there damage (again right).
even though that was a good idea it basically set the ground work for
WWII.
Germany is in poverty
Hitler blames jews rallys troops
holocaust
D-Day
we cut off japanese supply ships to nazis
they bomb us
we bomb them
then its over
Every action has a reaction, but in war its not always equal

History Channel has good speacials on wwii... But anyway

Yeah but then WWI started all because of some politition. I don't know why he was so speacial but apparently he was. Then cauesing a whole WWI. Then after that Hitler came back from the trenches it apparently caused some real bad brain damage and made him want to conqure the world.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Hitler, Hussein, Mussoulini, Marcos and everyone in between, all of them believe that they are heroes in their own rights. I respect them for that. Their methods might be disagreeable but all of us have his/her own views on things.

I have no idea why the war reached such a grand scale but I can say that it was necessary to use WMD's to do sumthin about it.

Signature

ventures

ventures

rabu rabu <33

well I think WWII was a disaster .I hate wars n I don't think innocent people should be killed just for the sake of conquering other people's land *_*
n I don't agree to the solution they take throwing around atomic bombs.
atomic bombs causes mass distruction n they wiped out all the people kilometers n kilometers around . n the effects from the radioactive radiation lasted for many decades after that .I think I exagerated a little ^_^'
well thats about it really ^^I just hope no wars like that will occur any time in the future ~

Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by jakulitoHitler, Hussein, Mussoulini, Marcos and everyone in between, all of them believe that they are heroes in their own rights. I respect them for that. Their methods might be disagreeable but all of us have his/her own views on things.
I have no idea why the war reached such a grand scale but I can say that it was necessary to use WMD's to do sumthin about it.

Well, this man is really something but one question...

Why is Marcos there JaK?

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

^ If you listened closely to some of Mr. Sosa's lectures then you'll know that all of the dudes I've mentioned are tyrants.

Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

^ Oh yeah... I see your point now, hehehe!

Anyways, may I have additional question? If WWII didn't broke out, what do you think will happen to us?

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

^ We'll be in black & white and actin all sunny.

Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

^ What do you mean by that? Explain further...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

Coordinator

Coordinator

To Protect is To DESTROY

Well WWII was sure bad... and my country the Czech republic was the second country that was occupied by Wehrmacht and countries like France and Great Britain sold us to Hitler, because they thought that it'll be enough for Hitler and he won't attack anybody else... They were damn wrong... And that's also reason why many people dislike British and French... Of course many people also dislike Germans... I think my country should fought against Hitler.
Hmm I talk mainly about central Europe and thinking of (mainly) czech people, hope you don't mind...
Hitler and his Wehrmacht didn't really destroy Czech republic. In year 1945 Red Army came and they destroyed a lot, also americans did so... It seems that Czech republic didn't really suffer because of Germany, but because of other "good" nations >_<. In year 1947 because of Soviets (Russians) communists took over and for another 40 years we suffered even more under dictate of nation which "freed" us...
Omg I think I didn't really talk about wwii, but it's still related ^_^

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

^ Well, it's related...

But even though you blame anyone, war is war. You can't do anything about it...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

I really love this era. From what weapons they used to all those tatical decisions made during the war, I love everything although alot of lives were lost.

Quote by TimothytheDarkMagicianAs for Hitler he could go in the same catagory as Saddam Hussien....

Don't you mean saddam would go under the same category as Hitler. And Muissolini. And Hirohito. They only tried to rule earlier, and got further.....

We were doing WW2 last year (well, the Australian involvement in it..), and well, I got so fed up with it... What I don't get, is how the the English did that whole appeasement thing. Like you would. Maybe I'm just a do-gooder, but better that than genecide on your hands.

If everybody knows just who you are, then your walk on role becomes a major part. Have you ever attempted to be yourself? When everybody wants you to be someone else... Going up and down and back again..

Quote:
I really love this era. From what weapons they used to all those tatical decisions made during the war, I love everything although alot of lives were lost.

did you enjoy about humiliation ?? ^^
i guess WW II is a big mistake.....
i hope WW III not gonna happen

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

Quote by ipic

Quote:
I really love this era. From what weapons they used to all those
tatical decisions made during the war, I love everything although alot
of lives were lost.

did you enjoy about humiliation ?? ^^
i guess WW II is a big mistake.....
i hope WW III not gonna happen

if wwiii happens it would a nuclear holocaust.
has anybody evr noticed that almost every war had something to do with europe. even the revolution and civil war over here in america. im not saying it was your fault. sh*t happens. just the way it goes unfortunatly it lead to many wars and many deaths

Signature ImageThere was glitter everywhere! It looked like somebody stabbed a pixie.
Roadie of .::DarK LeaF::.

cardmage

cardmage

After you

This thread seems densely populated with the rights and wrongs of WW II. I mean, after all, it is a WW II thread so it is to be expected... Here are my views on the topic and I'm focusing mainly on why WW II actually started. I'm pretty bad with dates but I hope I get my facts right at least...

Firstly historians will aruge that WW II is a product of WW I. Why? The treaty of versailles was simply too unfair to the germans. They were an oppressed people, to sum it up. They couldn't have a decent defence and was made to bear heavy debts among other things. Unemployment and the feeling of dissatisfaction with their "weak government" grew. Then up came Hitler with his wild promises. Whats more, he actually fulfilled them. You could say Hitler was a genius;a mad one, but a genius nevertheless... Whats more, he blatantly broke the treaty of versailles and none of the countries supposed to see to the upholding of the treaty actually cared. Most were sympathetic about germany's state of affairs and justified Hitler's action by pointing to it. This made Hitler bolder and bolder, leading, eventually, to WW II as we know it.

In retrospect, you could say that WW II was a result of a combination of many mistakes. The first would, of course, be the treay of Versailles. It punished the germans too harshly and it made them start another war. The Americans apparently learnt from this and did the opposite with Japan after WW II. They helped with the rebuilding of Japan instead of penalizing them. I don't think the Japanese have started a war till now, am I right? You can say that the germans were a desperate people when Hitler came and his ideals drove germany to war. Desperation makes people grasp at straws, even something as vague as "the perfect race", to give them renewed hope... The second mistake was having a weak "overseer" among the nations, though overseer is used for want of a better word... Hitler blatantly broke the Versailles treaty and though it sounds very nice in saying they were sympathetic, they were just too tied up with their own problems to care. Besides, they saw that Germany would then be able to repay her debts if she got rich, so they didn't stop Hitler from amassing military might (which incidentally led to economic growth as it provided jobs). I'm pretty sure WW II could have been stopped from spiraling into such a big mess at many points.

Another thing I would like to mention about the war was the fact that America did not in fact join the war till very late. At first, the American sentiment towards the war was that it was "not their business". American was a huge power at that time and the war would have ended far earlier and not gone into such a state if they would agree to join the war earlier. Its kinda sad they saw it as "Europe's war" and "Asia's War". The thing that woke them up to the fact that the war did involve the world was Pearl Harbour, which is a great mistake by the Japanese. It can still be debated whether America will simply watch if they didn't get attacked. I don't blame America for this though since it is true that nations all over the world would care for their own interests first.

Another fact is that the second bomb dropped on Nagasaki wasn't meant for Nagasaki. It was meant for a military base to the north. Reasons for the switch were things like "bad weather" though... However, it can still be mantained that the second bomb wasn't actually necessary. After the first bomb went off, the Japanese were a defeated people. Their head wasn't stuffed with enough pride to make them want to go up against the sheer might of the A bombs... So though the first bomb might have helped to stop the war more quickly and prevent deaths, the second simply increased the death toll.

One more thing I would say is it kinda benefitted the Southeast Asian countries was that it brought an end to colonnial rule to this part of the world. It was accepted back then that Caucasians were superior and it was indeed so in terms of military might and modernity. It was Japan's humiliating defeat of these so-called "superior" powers that probably ended the era of colonnial rule.

Life is tranquil, Death is peaceful...
Signature
Its the transition that is troublesome...

page 3 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 99 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.