Your take on Naruto being translated by 4kids

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

Cloudy-Buckingham

Cloudy-Buckingham

Auron Lover

Cancel

Hey all, I recently found out that 4kids bought the translation rights to Naruto. This stinks I personally think, as they killed many anime with huge cuttings in my personal opinion. Naruto is to good to be cut. Whats your take on Naruto being translated and cut by 4kids?

Life can be harsh- even cruel, but it is life- Auron from FFX

Cancel

Personally...it makes me want to commit seppuku....but, it's not worth it. I knew this day would come. -__-;; My friends all joked about it....but now, the nitemare has become a reality!! I feel your pain. I do.

• Jul 21, 2004

gerbar

gerbar

Fallen Shinigami

Cancel

What is the source?

"My mom never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****" -Jack Nicholson

• Jul 21, 2004

Trowble

Trowble

(^)(>_>)(^) Osiris!

Cancel

That was just a hoax, check this out: http://www.animefringe.com/magazine/2004/05/special/03.php

However, I would be pissed if 4kids and Funimation pick it up. I somehow get the feeling and hope that Bandai is going to license it. They find pretty good voices for the cartoons, plus to me it would seem right if they did.

Signature

All Hail Justin: yergheigh
xXLordxOsirisXx: maybe *___*

Cancel

http://homepage.mac.com/spookyelectric1/NarutoLicensed.html

I found out today as well....

EDIT: Didn't know it was just a joke...^__^;;

• Jul 21, 2004

gerbar

gerbar

Fallen Shinigami

Cancel

Yes, I was trying to warn you see if it was the same site

"My mom never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****" -Jack Nicholson

• Jul 21, 2004

Trowble

Trowble

(^)(>_>)(^) Osiris!

Cancel

Quote by jennchan85http://homepage.mac.com/spookyelectric1/NarutoLicensed.html

Oh I didn't know about that! I guess I was wrong. It said that Naruto would be named Nathan and Sasuke would be Sean. Naruto is now officially killed. :(

Edit: The url isn't the Anime New Network. So it's another hoax, but now I'm so confused. XD

Signature

All Hail Justin: yergheigh
xXLordxOsirisXx: maybe *___*

Cancel

Quote by Trowble

Quote by jennchan85http://homepage.mac.com/spookyelectric1/NarutoLicensed.html

Oh I didn't know about that! I guess I was wrong. It said that Naruto would be named Nathan and Sasuke would be Sean. Naruto is now officially killed. :(
Edit: The url isn't the Anime New Network. So it's another hoax, but now I'm so confused. XD

I'm confused now too!! x__X Well, if anyone's going to Otakon, then they can confirm this. @__@;; I hope it isn't true...

EDIT: Checked the Anime News Network forums...they said it was fake..^__^;;

• Jul 21, 2004

kusotaisa

Munou no Renkinjutsushi

Cancel

Didn't this surface sometime around April Fools' Day?

In any case, now, as then, I offer a vehement NO THANKS.

• Jul 21, 2004

Cloudy-Buckingham

Cloudy-Buckingham

Auron Lover

Cancel

My source was a friend who's brother is a fansubber, and his brother stated that in the fansubber world, news of Naruto being translated by 4kids was floating around. I also saw a few sites. o.O; If its true that it will be announced at that convention, well just have to pray it doesnt happen. I hope to got 4kids doesnt get it if they dont, until then, ill be checking legit anime info sites.

Edit: I bet that was a crappy April Fools joke.

FallenAngel

FallenAngel

dead 12/28/08

Cancel

I'm pretty sure 4kids isn't going to get this. They just barely got One piece and I'm pretty sure the other companies won't let them get another popular shonen anime as well.

sterfish

Some Dude

Cancel

If you had asked me a few months ago, I'd be really disappointed if 4Kids got Naruto. However, now, I wouldn't be so much. Granted, the dub would probably suck (not because the actors suck but because 4Kids directors aren't very good). However, I'm cautiously optimistic seeing as both Yu-Gi-Oh and Shaman King, 4Kids properties, are getting uncut releases. Ideally, a company like Bandai, Geneon, or even Funimation proper would be better than 4Kids getting it. But, if they do get it, at least an uncut release is likely.

Knives

Knives

Sleepy

Cancel

Quote by TrowbleHowever, I would be pissed if 4kids and Funimation pick it up. I somehow get the feeling and hope that Bandai is going to license it. They find pretty good voices for the cartoons, plus to me it would seem right if they did.

dude Funimation ain't all bad What about Case closed that a good show with pretty good voices

Cloudy-Buckingham

Cloudy-Buckingham

Auron Lover

Cancel

4kids is totally going to kill One Piece, they will kill Naruto too if they actually have it/ or claim it.

Laitainae

Laitainae

Nebby

Cancel

.....4Kids....the bane of the anime world......It's a shame they got One Piece..

;_; my RPG was canceled due to lack of interest and participation. It lives on in story form, though! You can read chapters 1 &2 at http://johnnyistdeyummy.deviantart.com

Cancel

Quote by jennchan85

Quote by Trowble

Quote by jennchan85http://homepage.mac.com/spookyelectric1/NarutoLicensed.html I found out today as well....

Oh I didn't know about that! I guess I was wrong. It said that Naruto would be named Nathan and Sasuke would be Sean. Naruto is now officially killed. :( Edit: The url isn't the Anime New Network. So it's another hoax, but now I'm so confused. XD

I'm confused now too!! x__X Well, if anyone's going to Otakon, then they can confirm this. @__@;; I hope it isn't true... edit: Checked the Anime News Network forums...they said it was fake..^__^;;

Thankgod x.x;; I would have had to kill some people if they did get the translation rights. Im not looking forward to the 4kids dub of Tokyo Mew Mew. They have renamed it to Hollywood Mew Mew as a way to "Localise it" according to the president of 4kids x______x

• Jul 21, 2004

Cloudy-Buckingham

Cloudy-Buckingham

Auron Lover

Cancel

Quote by Gaara

Quote by jennchan85

Quote by Trowble

Quote by jennchan85http://homepage.mac.com/spookyelectric1/NarutoLicensed.html I found out today as well....

Oh I didn't know about that! I guess I was wrong. It said that Naruto would be named Nathan and Sasuke would be Sean. Naruto is now officially killed. :( Edit: The url isn't the Anime New Network. So it's another hoax, but now I'm so confused. XD

I'm confused now too!! x__X Well, if anyone's going to Otakon, then they can confirm this. @__@;; I hope it isn't true... edit: Checked the Anime News Network forums...they said it was fake..^__^;;

Thankgod x.x;; I would have had to kill some people if they did get the translation rights. Im not looking forward to the 4kids dub of Tokyo Mew Mew. They have renamed it to Hollywood Mew Mew as a way to "Localise it" according to the president of 4kids x______x

Damnit, this is why, even though it is officially pirated stuff, I download anime that has been messed up, now, I will have to DL more one piece, and stock up on Naruto incase. Why, oh god why, do the creators of these fine animes let 4kids get the rights? Also, funimation is actually doing ok, they did great on Fruits Basket, hell they even let the people cuss in the dub, woo XD. But 4kid...:: sigh:: Dic too, I remember dic messed up Sailor Moon, a even greater anime uncut. Its sad how the creators are letting companys like 4kids chop up anime. I am now scared of next week..they better not announce they have the right >_<.

Cancel

well...I think that if they sub naruto....the whole freaking storyline would suck.....its much better with the original japanese voices....and naruto is kind of violent for kids....maibe ok for like 12 and over, since you see like ppl killing and stabing each other with knives....

• Jul 21, 2004

Cloudy-Buckingham

Cloudy-Buckingham

Auron Lover

Cancel

The japanese voices are good. I really like Naruto, and yeah, if 4kids gets it they will definatly cut it for TV, and that will most likely cut ALOT of the anime out destroying it for life. Basicly, Naruto isnt 4kids material.

PureTypeDZanza

PureTypeDZanza

Lone Wolf

Cancel

Feh if 4kids do get it or worse funimation then i'm committing hara-kiri! and yes naruto isn't 4kids material!!!

• Jul 22, 2004

Cloudy-Buckingham

Cloudy-Buckingham

Auron Lover

Cancel

Honesty, funimation would be better than 4kids, lately they havent been chopping up anime super bad. As I stated, they did good work on Fruits Basket. But then again, they may change the name of the anime lol. But anything is better than 4Kids. There name even smells like it lol. 4Kids, Naruto isnt like kiddy stuff. Muaha, thats why I like it.If they get it, im boycotting it lol. I do hope Bandai or ADV gets it, atleast they give anime justice. But even so...im on a semi ADV boycott for a few reasons.

Tsuyu

Tsuyu

Cookie Monster

Cancel

Quote by TrowbleIt said that Naruto would be named Nathan and Sasuke would be Sean.

That would suck beyond belief.

• Jul 22, 2004

Cloudy-Buckingham

Cloudy-Buckingham

Auron Lover

Cancel

Localizing anime sucks, period.

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

Cancel

its a joke rofl..you guys should research before commiting suicide XD

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.