Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What are your thoughts on the nature of good and evil? - Minitokyo

What are your thoughts on the nature of good and evil?

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Silvandragon17

Silvandragon17

The Rising Fighting Spirit

Well it's all relative really, one evil person might think he's doing good, but then one good person will always think he's doing good. What do you guys think?

Signature Image
Society is a masked ball, where everyone hides his real character, and reveals it in hiding. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

IronSerpent

Evanescence...

It's impossible to say what good and evil are. As long as there are at least two people in the world, there will be more than one opinion on what they are. Take, for example, the current situation in Iraq and the Middle East in general. Suicide bombers, the insurgents, even Saddam Hussein, felt what they were doing was good and just, whether or not people in the rest of the world feel they are wrong and evil. Along the same lines, what one person considers fair and just treatment may be either excessive or light to another.

There are too many people and too many variables to ever state what is good or evil, and I repeat my earlier statement that as long as there are two or more people in the world, there will be differing opinions on what good and evil are.

Calling a sword by a pretty name is no more than adding perfume to poison.

good cannot exist with out evil, the same as where there is light there is darkness. Every person has both inthem its just depends upon who they act them out. take ironserpents example but go by say the president of the usa g.w bush. From what it seems he wants to help the Iragies out help set them free as soo to speak which is all good to help those who need it. They way he goes about it half the time IMO is not the right way and is calles as evil as many civilians on both sides have been lost because each side thought they where doing the right thing to which they are except that they are using force to that and killing many inosent people so therefore that action is also evil. anyways hope that makes sense getting tired and havent re-read through it

Signature Image

I've been saying this for a while: good and evil are only aspects of human opinion. You see, if a person believe, while commiting a crime, that what they are doing just, it can not be entirely evil, no matter what others believe. There are so many definitions for good and evil, that they can not possibly exist in a single defined form. Ok, bad examples, but for some reason, my philisophical side isn't kicking in. I guess it's taking a nap.

it is all very weird.
*love his/her new avatar, and banner*
oh i guess it all depends on your points of veiw.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

thedarkness

why do my life turn out like thi

i think this poem explain it

love and fertility
as flower bloom,
pleasurable as to a
taste of
juiciness and
sweetness of a raspberry,
passionnate is a peach that is
moistened
light as the sun
within its
day.
hate and evil
darkness lurking within a
swamp,
which has a dark midnight sky.
shallow and fearful
as a wolf pack's
howl.
unity, close as two hands
aligning
together
friendships shimmering among our
day
war and violence
most painful within the
bodies of
souls that
break down and
shatter
as blood leaves the
infecteds wounds;
prejudgments
as strong and
dark as a
shadow shield
blocking
our
brigth and accepting
minds.

musicgenerator

i'am what i'am

i think it depends on the sitution. like the majority of the public thinks stealing is wrong while one or two people think its right so the majoirty wins. i think thats how we decided what is good and evil

s9031496c

s9031496c

.:. NAMIE .:.

It all depends on the person' heart and mind. If there is a desire in doing evil/bad things he/she will do it. Same goes for the good side.

Thanx endoftheworld for the sig^_^
Signature
You can call me Namie or Batrisha. May God Bless ya always!

sandumirabela

sandumirabela

-Return to Innocence-

For me...let me put it this way..I don't really believe that there is in this world actually a "good"person or an "evil"one because even if we don't want to admit it the good and the bad are both a part of our lives.What I mean is that we all have some evil parts even if we liek to think of ourselves that we are good.Sure we may have a good soul nbut that doesn't stop us to mistake or better said being bad sometimes with the others!
Maybe I could seem a little bit confusing here the two notions exist but they can not be separated ...you know antonymy...but you can't have good without evil because both of htem appeared since our existence!
I think its inevitable of doing bad sometimes even if you don't want to!If we think better even laughing of someone else or joking or saying soem words to soemone can be bad.Some things depend on the character of the person but not all because we have bad parts too in our blood,it is in our nature!
I would speak more but I am called to eat!Hehe^_^!Hugs!Bye! :) :D

-Return to Innocence-
Signature Image
sigi and ava made by dianas for Mira-chan ;)

everyone have both sides....
i think it's normal...

The only time using the word "evil" is really justified is when someone is doing something that they regard as wrong. Most of the time, the word "evil" is used as an excuse for not trying to understand people.

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Evil is stuff that is not Godly, and Good, is stuff that is Godly.

I am invincible!

Wslasher

Wslasher

Lone Samurai

my sig ni pRO LOKI forum!

"When there is light, there will be a shaddow where the DARK resides!"

5D's Caption: Vol.1

mature is neutral, not good or not bad.
I think.............

The Nature of good and evil. You can say one thing is evil or not but you can't say that thing is always good or evil. One may say its good bcz that matter favors him or at least give him some sort of benefit and the other might say its evil cuz it inflicted him great damage. "Helping ur enemy means attacking ur friend and helping ur friend means inflicing damage on ur enemy". Noting in this world is absolute...

Signature Image

Well what you see is what you get .
But that is never it :)
The right thing is the thing that the person think is the right thing
and the wrong thing is what someone think is wrong.
So whaterever it is what you think is the best should be the right thing for you
and what ours thinks are what they think

I'll stop now or I'll start giveing myself a headach ^_^'

aog506

~Burn It All~

You cannot define good and evil. It's as simple as that.

daisukeniwa05

daisukeniwa05

Self-taught artist

well. its true.. that we defend what we say and believe, but there is always a limit.. its a Very Fine line from good and evil, and the actions ppl make will determine if they take one side or the other.

good and evil is based on the opinion of the person

Signature Image

I think that good and evil can be twisted so that their meanings are switched. A lot of people believe something is good because people tell them that it is, and they blindly believe in it rather than actually believing in it themselves. This creates ignorance and therefore a community of people that are easy to control.

BlkLotus

BlkLotus

bara tsukiyo

everyone is good and evil. we just are that way.

ludwig49

ludwig49

Reviver of Dead Threads

First I must make a few points to discuss this issue.
1. A good person is someone that thinks of others before themself. A good example would be a religious figure, such as Jesus. Giving food out of their own mouth to feed others.
2. An evil person only thinks of themself. Willing to kill for money or anything that he/she wants.
If you agree with both of these points, I can move forward with the arguement.
Take a truly evil group of people, they will end up killing each other and in the end. Once people are tricked by the evil person, they will never deal with them again or punish them somehow. Therefore a truly evil person will not survive.
A truly good person will give all that they have to others. Money, food, and clothing will be given out and leave the person with nothing in order to survive. Therefore a truly good person will not survive.
Point--No one can be truly evil or good! They must have a mix of both.
Read "The Republic" by Plato (I think it was by Plato or was it Socrates)

"If you just say you can't do anything, then don't even try to do anything, certainly you will never be able to do anything." Gundam SEED

My thoughts on good and evil... would be that where there's good, there's evil. Sometimes someone would think they were doing something good for people, while another would think it's the opposite.

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.