Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Talent Searches ~A big joke~ - Minitokyo

Talent Searches ~A big joke~

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Well, I just read this on a local newspaper here in the Philippines...

The columnist said that talent searches are big jokes and just making people something stupid or something like that (can't remember since it's a long time since I read it).

Your thoughts?

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

You know there somewhat right but yet wrong. If you do win you get the prize but it also comes with a contract. And sometimes that contract controls what your able to do and not to do and bascily that's your life.

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by AlishaYou know there somewhat right but yet wrong. If you do win you get the prize but it also comes with a contract. And sometimes that contract controls what your able to do and not to do and bascily that's your life.

That's one but I remember that the columnist mentioned that it only makes people just join all of this and it's just making people reliable on these kinds of things. My head aches again... can't remember all the details.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

AyameSeishiro

AyameSeishiro

Merciless Assassin

oh.. yeah, pretty much stupid of a thing yah know? they just wanna make a show-up or something, probably to make a big hit, but nonetheless, they just wanna be popular, which makes them stupid.

zen8192

zen8192

Dr. CHEMISTRY

Well... They are biased on some point view because most talent searches only accept people who'm they will think attract the demands of viewers... Especially so that most viewers are teenagers! By knowing this fact, they most of the time accept good-looking ones with less talents rather than really talented people with not-so-good looks. In the end the whole talent searches are a joke because they have preset winners as soon as they see the attractive participants... This is my point of view anyway! :) :D :nya:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Signature Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

There's nothing wrong in talent searches but when it becomes a popularity-based by short message system, it all turned sour. Heck, even the crappiest of talent could be the winner if he/she gets more than 50% of votes.

AyameSeishiro

AyameSeishiro

Merciless Assassin

Well, Not bad... you guys got a point with that.

Quote by zen8192Well... They are biased on some point view because most talent searches
only accept people who'm they will think attract the demands of
viewers... Especially so that most viewers are teenagers! By knowing
this fact, they most of the time accept good-looking ones with less
talents rather than really talented people with not-so-good looks. In
the end the whole talent searches are a joke because they have preset
winners as soon as they see the attractive participants... This is my
point of view anyway! :) :D :nya:

You know this reminds me of reality shows. They do all these crazy stuff just to amuse the wachers. But it seems as if contracts run the t.v. buis. Cause they also make you sign a contract when in a reality show just that this time it says that after signing this if you get hurt or die then it's not there fault cause you singed the contract.

Well, after all, i don't really think that it just makes people stupid or what, because it helps them in developing themselves. Beside, it's really a great help for them to know that it's never too late to give up on their dreams in life. But on the other hand.. they're also being used up by the ones who were responsible for these searches. They're at the same time getting a large benefit for themselves, which the fans of their programs didn't know. They didn't know that their money were just somewhat... wasted.... :nya: Um, but hey, this is just my opinion for that. ^_^

lana

lana

Yume

Quote by magemasterWell, after all, i don't really think that it just makes people stupid or what, because it helps them in developing themselves. Beside, it's really a great help for them to know that it's never too late to give up on their dreams in life. But on the other hand.. they're also being used up by the ones who were responsible for these searches. They're at the same time getting a large benefit for themselves, which the fans of their programs didn't know. They didn't know that their money were just somewhat... wasted.... :nya: Um, but hey, this is just my opinion for that. ^_^

I don't like talent searches too. And you do have a point there being used up by those big heads responsible for those stuff. And sometimes, some participants who got into it don't really have the talent. Yeah I know, most people go for the face value but it's just sickening voting for their bet who doesn't even know how to sing well or act or do anything that you can call talent. I know that this can be means to fulfilling dreams but they're just making it substandard. And it's all because it's what the audience wants. And after the contest then what? I guess those promising prizes are so blinding but at least I am not.

Well I think both those searchers and some audiences don't have the right sense to do things. I guess they shouldn't call it talent search but "popularity search" :hmpf:

Ehahhaa. Well, guess so. Reminds me of American's Idol William Hung. But I do know most people just join all these stuffs to get their names and faces on tv and papers. Sometimes they just really make me sick, and sometimes I just don't like it when they don't have the talents, but yet they get to be winners. ~_~ But it does make people look stupid, if you don't have that certain talents to be on that Talent Searching stuff.

Signature Image

All blackheads in Mashima Hiro's mangas are my boyfriends. Owh yes they are.

the multiple-intelligence theory had been out for many years.
I think it's not good to judge a person in the sense of one single talent or ability.

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by zen8192Well... They are biased on some point view because most talent searches only accept people who'm they will think attract the demands of viewers... Especially so that most viewers are teenagers! By knowing this fact, they most of the time accept good-looking ones with less talents rather than really talented people with not-so-good looks. In the end the whole talent searches are a joke because they have preset winners as soon as they see the attractive participants... This is my point of view anyway! :) :D :nya:

That's one viewpoint here. They just use the talents for attraction and for them to gain more. More viewers means more advertisements and more profit.

Quote by white-zeroThere's nothing wrong in talent searches but when it becomes a popularity-based by short message system, it all turned sour. Heck, even the crappiest of talent could be the winner if he/she gets more than 50% of votes.

That's another point. Some talent searches are more dedicated I say to the popular ones and not on the talented ones. So what happens is that the search becomes crappy and stupid.

Quote by magemasterWell, after all, i don't really think that it just makes people stupid or what, because it helps them in developing themselves. Beside, it's really a great help for them to know that it's never too late to give up on their dreams in life. But on the other hand.. they're also being used up by the ones who were responsible for these searches. They're at the same time getting a large benefit for themselves, which the fans of their programs didn't know. They didn't know that their money were just somewhat... wasted.... :nya: Um, but hey, this is just my opinion for that. ^_^

Yes that is correct but that's their gain. And the gain of the ones who started the talent search, more profit.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

shulienne

shulienne

blue heart

my opinion?

Quote by Akaiken big joke

bi, go on to 50,....

i'll hafta go 4 about 14 days Again *sniff*

Signature
thank you so much sakura-chan for my lovely yue!

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by lingxuethe multiple-intelligence theory had been out for many years.
I think it's not good to judge a person in the sense of one single talent or ability.

This is very right!

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

rene3088

rene3088

call me ai~~

Quote by AlishaYou know there somewhat right but yet wrong. If you do win you get the prize but it also comes with a contract. And sometimes that contract controls what your able to do and not to do and bascily that's your life.

i ToTALLy AGRee

Signature

To me the just become one hit wonders. They are here one minute and gone the next. Its sad that they have to sign their live away for nothing.

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Talent searches are strictly business. Nothing more, nothing less.

I am invincible!

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

Quote by BorisGrishenkoTalent searches are strictly business. Nothing more, nothing less.

just what I was thinking while scrolling down. its all about the corporations trying to make a couple more dollers.

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

yeah, it is kind of stupid in the way. The chance of winning it is like a million to one, and it just give people empty hope.

Signature

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

Quote by white-zeroThere's nothing wrong in talent searches but when it becomes a
popularity-based by short message system, it all turned sour. Heck,
even the crappiest of talent could be the winner if he/she gets more
than 50% of votes.

right on the money man.. and to add to that, i think talent searches will be credible if the judges themselve are really knowledgeable.. i mean for example, simon cowell is a credible judge because he is a top honcho of a records company.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

What do you know, Ken? You ain't got no talent!!!

Talent searches are held for money. The winner reels in the cash but the companies keep it. The sponsors also give cash but the companies keep it, too. The winner/artist on the other hand gets fame and glamour. All of his/her stuff get's paid for by the company. If the company doesn't earn b=money by marketing the artist, the artist is dropped.. bye bye fame and fortune and cash.. say hello to gossips and rumors.... and some debts, too.

Why do you think I'm staying undaground with my raos? It's because the industry is all fukk*d up.

Signature

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

your topic reminds me of american idol. yeah, talent searches do bring out the freaks and people with no talent, but who cares? it's up to them if they want to make a fool of themselves and it's amusing for the rest of us to watch. and it can be a big joke if it turns into a popularity contest rather than on talent. but on the flip side, i also think that talent searches can give unknown, regular people the chance to be discovered who would otherwise go unnoticed. i mean carrie underwood was just a small town farm girl, but look at her now...she's probably the most talented american idol winner. i don't think she would've been discovered without this kind of venue from american idol. so i think there are also some positive points to talent searches.

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

KyoFan368

KyoFan368

I'm going to take a...zzzz

Ohh I would have to agree on the ones that are on TV I watch them just to laugh at the people!!! I know it sounds mean but honestly it is so funny sometimes you just can't help but laugh at them. American Idol is one of my favorites to laugh at!!! :) :D :pacman:

-The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. ~Helen Keller :D
Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.