Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Soon to buy new monitor, need some help. - Minitokyo

Soon to buy new monitor, need some help.

page 1 of 1 15 total items

I am soon to buy myself a 19" CRT monitor.
Now I got 3 options and I would like to have you people give me some opinions on why you would pick a certain monitor.
They are all 19" CRT
Wich one would you go for and could you post why you would choose that one ?

Thanks !

- GaZ

Samsung are pretty good.
If you want a CRT get a flatscreen.

Why not a LCD?

Signature

Because they get "bad" after a year or 2. The image sharpness will fade away after some time. Thats why I want a CRT screen only... no flatscreens or tft or lcd =)

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

LCD's are better on the eyes and the technology for them have gotten better

but yeah get a flatscreen CRT, better quality onscreen

Signature Image

I don't know the specs of the monitors you are choosing, but I would suggest the one which has a flat screen.

I'll probably go with the Iiyama ;) indeed samsung does great monitors, but u got to pay an extra $ for the extra performance u won't notice either (depending on what u do with it) but basically, if you're doing eavy graphics stuff, video or gaming, yeah, it can't be worth to put an extra on it, if not, just go with the "standards" :D

ThePanda

ThePanda

Muffin Bucket

Good lcds are expensive unless you can find a deal. I got my 17" 8ms acer lcd for $179 after MIR. I'd go with the Iiyama. I haven't heard much about them, but every samsung I've used has given me problems and generic monitors are pretty much hit-and-miss.

Signature

Get the best brand you can. You are going to live with it for many years. Cost difference between it and cheaper brands fall into insignificance (but you will reap the greater reward in image quality).

Regards.

ko1

Price and brand name doesn't always equal quality. I find the best thing to do is read as many reviews as you can and choose the highest rated one with the best warranty.

"I want it all and all at once" - Marquis de Sade

taimoor

Oooh!!! banana pie!

If you can find it, I'd reccomend getting any MAG Innovision monitor. They have remarkable sharpness, even after 6-10 years. My 6 year old 21" dj910 will run at 1920x1440 and is still readable with 10 pt text. And my 10 year old dx17-t maxes out at 1280x960 (Although I only run it at 1152x864, the max resolution of my third monitor.)

The best place to find one would be a computer swap shop or pawn shop... I got my 21" for $130 US. (~105 euro)

~Tai

~Tai
Hating AOLers since 1997.

though we dont have those kinda shops in the netherlands ^.-

Thanks all though ! I will go to the store and look at the image quality and ask em to change resolutions etc. Hopefully that'll show me what i need to see.

musicgenerator

i'am what i'am

Quote by gazeeboBecause they get "bad" after a year or 2. The image sharpness will fade
away after some time. Thats why I want a CRT screen only... no
flatscreens or tft or lcd =)

If you are getting a CRT, a Trinitron tube will be a wise choice. More expensive than the standard 'Shadow Mask', but looks much sweeter and better. And in terms of colour reproduction, it's quality is far ahead of any LCDs.

Regards.

you mean it's got a "warm" screen ? like... more intensive and 3d depth colors ?
if so then that's pretty sweet ye

Quote by gazeeboyou mean it's got a "warm" screen ? like... more intensive and 3d depth colors ?
if so then that's pretty sweet ye

Much better colour palette and one that looks very good with animations/anime/pictures. This is different from soft-tweaking colour output (in short, you cannot achieve the same level of quality with a Shadow Mask). I suggest you google for differences between a Trinitron tube and a Shadow Mask tube.

Cheers!

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.