Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Scans, What do I do??? - Minitokyo

Scans, What do I do???

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

I have several scans which fall under the 1 000 000 square pixel limit. I have posted 2 groups of scans by adding them all together as one image. However this is obviously not a background so I still submitted it as a scan. The question is - Is this acceptible? Adding 2 or 3 smaller scans together to make one big scan. People would want the image but we're not allowed to resize. is there another category I could submit them under? Any help would be appreciated as I have a great many scans which measure in the 550x760 range and I would like to know if I can submit them.

These scans have subsequently been deleted. I would love to contribute these scans to the minitokyo community as I've seen several of them used in wallpapers so could someone please tell me what to do??????

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

If the scans are separate to begin with, there really isn't any use submitting them together in one jointed scan. If that was the case, some members who are desperate to find ways to level up quickly would more than likely take advantage of this drawback for Minitokyo, and Minitokyo can only accept scans that are large enough to be used for making wallpapers. That's why scans that are smaller than the 1 million pixel limit aren't accepted here at Minitokyo. However, you could put together two scans that connect with each other (for instance, take a scan that takes up 2 pages in a magazine, one half on one page and the other half on the second page...if you connected the both of them, you could produce a fuller, more connected scan, but it still has to meet the minimum pixel requirements).

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

If a scan is under the 1megapixel requirement, please do not alter it in order to meet the requirements; they will usually be deleted.
Also, just because you have seen an image in your scan used in wallpapers doesn't necessarily mean that the scan you have is the one the other person used. They could have used a larger scan from a different source; scanned in the image themself; traced/vectored the scan so that it would fit on a larger wallpaper canvas. In fact, one of the main gallery problems IS doubles, triples, and other multiple versions of scans being submitted; some are of higher quality than others, and these are the ones wallers will gravitate towards when selecting images to use in their work.

Actually both your replies came a bit too late, I had already asked Biriwilg (Gallery Director) for advice and he was very helpful. :-)

This topic can and should be closed now.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.