Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The W.A.R. Begins Now! [Official Thread] - Minitokyo

The W.A.R. Begins Now! [Official Thread]

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 87 total items

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

The W.A.R. [Wallpaper & Art Revolution]

Main Rule:

No trendwhore scenics (i.e. those wall with moon,stars,comets, etc, etc u can use moon and that kind of stuff, but please, make something more artistic) and "add-on" walls (i.e. ppl just paste the scan and add a FEW things to it to make it look "different")

Participating Groups & Representatives for each competition:

Simple-ism
Individual: drell, bluSake, Tama-Neko, crapmonster, calisqo,Sunira
a-WallpaperRevolution
Individual: white-zero,fukushuusha, Cldmani, kai81220,Yina, ocelotisun
TheUnderappreciated
Individual: ?
NewWaveProject
Individual: DernierCri,boogybro,smilebit, ShueiTenshi, meteorcloud, DREAM
Aspiring-Mafia
Individual:Ayaki,SharinganKnight.chibikko,zephiris26, macky
Morphine's Scent
Individual: GundamZZ, w00tazn, Limality, biriwilg, bromithia, OracleAngel

Start date (first round): September 1st

"Individual" group competition:

- Prelim Round - Each group to decide top 6 wallers to represent respective groups in next rounds. Members in more than one participating groups must first decide which group they want to represent.

Guidelines for each round:
+Poster [1500x1000 or 1000x1500]
+Wallpaper [no size limit]
- anime/manga series or game.
- original wallpaper
* Judges will decide the guidelines for each round

- One submission per waller per round

Round 1 - will begin by randomly putting all participating groups in pairs and then randomly choosing each of the match-ups. the group that wins 4 out of 6 will move on. the losing team....loses.

EXAMPLE diagram

NewWaveProject vs Simple-ism
DernierCri vs drell
boogybro vs bluSake
smilebit vs Tama-Neko
ShueiTenshi vs crapmonster
meteorcloud vs calisqo
DREAM vs Sunira

-Elimination system 6>3>1

-Once a winning team has been determined, a final fourth round will be held amongst its members to determine who is the big winner.

-time frame for each round is two weeks

- Group and waller match-ups will be randomized

- Estimated total time (for four group rounds, one final round to determine individual winner, judging)

- Anonymous judging; 10.0 scale with (optional) comments

--------------------------------------

Group collaborative competition:
- One round to decide winning group. One submission and 3-6 collaborators per group.

- Groups participating in the individual competition aren't obligated to participate in the collaborative competition

- Wallers can compete in both the collaborative and individual rounds if they choose, but they must represent the same group. (Would encourage different wallers to participate in different rounds, mostly because of the intense timeframe for the individual round)

- Time frame: Four weeks for submission (starting at the same time as round 3 of the individual group competition), one week for judging (same week as judging for round 4 of ind. group competition)

- Anonymous judging; 10.0 scale with (optional) comments

- Observe the "main rule" . Judges will decide the "guidelines"

--------------------------------------

Tournament Schedule:
Individual Competition 1st Round: 9/1 - 9/15
:: Judging for IC 1st Round: 9/15- 9/22
IC 2nd Round: 9/16 - 9/30
Group Collaborative Competition: 9/16 - 10/15
:: Judging for IC 2nd Round: 9/30 - 10/7
IC 3rd Round: 10/1 - 10/15
:: Judging for IC 3rd Round and Group Collaborative Competition- 10/15 - 10/22
IC 4th Round: 10/16 - 10/30
:: Judging for IC 4th Round: 10/30 - 11/6

Prize for winning waller/group: "Trophy" banners/signatures for winning groups and wallers; pixel trophies made by Terra-chan.

K I R A B O S H I !

DernierCri

DernierCri

identity mayhem

ok ppl let's do this...
NewWaveProject is calling for its soldiers... sign up at the group page, cause so far it's just me and boogybro. Sign up ppl...

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Nice idea rebel ^^ cannot wait to see the result of this competition and the ongoing battle as well :D

Signature

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

Do we have confirmations from all of the gorups yet?
Group organisers dhouls <.< at least comment here I think XD
Anyway greta idea XD

Tantaga

Tantaga

Will Eat Your Children

So far I have appear to have nabbed two representatives for my group. Bleh, I only need 4 more >_> . So, if anyone in the Aspiring Mafia wants to be a representative, PM me... cause at the moment it would appear as though all the good ones are taken XD .

Signature Image

DernierCri

DernierCri

identity mayhem

I got three soldiers on NWP army so far... I mean come on ppl... This is the freaking war and nobody is taking a side... what is going on? Chickens!!! Pure cowardice!!!
Rebel you should kick everybody in the butts...

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

I'm already on the a-WallpaperRevolution team. Still need some confirmation for a few more privates...I mean members.

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Nice rebel~ *^.^*

Ummmm.... I really like everyone who's signed up so far to represent Simple-ism, so unless there's a mad rush of a gazillion people to represent Simple-ism at the last minute I'm really happy with our sign-up list right now *^.^* Cal, you're definitely taken by us, kekekeke ^.^

I'll be prodding some wallers that I really like and encourage them to join the fray as reps/soldiers of any group that they're in, so hopefully that will be ok. Still lots of time until September 1st, and the representatives line-up is so damn good that it's killing me already >_<

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

It might be nice for participants to note in their signatures what group they're representing (the same way the NWP's poster contestants advertised in their sigs). Then we can both spread the word and get an idea of who's signed up for which group. My own sig is just an example.

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Quote by Tama-NekoIt might be nice for participants to note in their signatures what
group they're representing (the same way the NWP's poster contestants
advertised in their sigs). Then we can both spread the word and get an
idea of who's signed up for which group. My own sig is just an example.

Nice suggestion, Tama. I just did that myself. :)

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Yah, that's a really good suggestion Tama *^.^* Maybe you can add an example signature code promoting w.a.r. to the first post Rebel-kun? And maybe links to all the groups, for easier access *^.~*

Hopefully if we can get the offsite gallery up with rules and stuff it might clarify a lot of the current confusion over how this tournament is run >_< It's not that complicated really, lol...

Wish i could participate but lately i've been busy and kind of have a wallers block>.< Gomen na T.T

DernierCri

DernierCri

identity mayhem

Quote by Tama-NekoIt might be nice for participants to note in their signatures what group they're representing (the same way the NWP's poster contestants advertised in their sigs). Then we can both spread the word and get an idea of who's signed up for which group. My own sig is just an example.

I did that as well as you can see...

Hey Rebel and flyindreams maybe it is going to be great if you put up a list with the participants for the different groups so far so we can see who is already taken and who should we ask... so far for the NWP : DernierCri, boogybro, smilebit
This way the admins can find out who is available and they can invite ppl to join the war on their side. Just an idea.. To make it easier admins should post their participant lists here and you can put them up in the opening post. *goes away to sharpen his daggers for the war to come*
DCout~

Tantaga

Tantaga

Will Eat Your Children

Alright, it would appear as though I now have 3 people to represent the Aspiring Mafia group. They replied positively to my request of them being a representative through PM, so they should definately be listed as claimed by the mafia :nya: . They are as follows:

Ayaki
SharinganKnight
chibikko

Now, I only need 3 more ... bleh :sweat: .

Signature Image

chibikko

chibikko

chibigaki

I was told to post into this thread that I'm a representative of the Mafia =D I can't wait to get to know who will be my opponent >D

ayaki

ayaki

d[^_^]b

hi all :)
I'm representing Aspiring Mafia ^^
ahhh sharinganknight+chibikko >_< yay!~

boo

I shall be representing the Aspiring Mafia ^_^

Signature Image

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Oooh~ gosh the line-up is just too amazing! Can't wait can't wait can't wait!! chibbiko your signature is awesome >_<

^.^ Ok Simple-ism's list of reps thus far: drell, bluSake, Tama-Neko, crapmonster, and calisqo *^.^* Need one more!! >_<

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

Thanx to Tama-Neko for the idea ^^ i love it
Ok,here is the example of coding:
[ url= http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/30162/ ] Your favorite phrase [/url] - [ url=http://your_group ] Your Group [/url]

K I R A B O S H I !

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

+ Sunira for Simple-ism.

Rebel I can put together a very quick offsite gallery if you make a banner >_<

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

>_< Sorry been busy,but i try to make it when i get back from school and send to you ASAP.

Also i will make a list of the representatives of each group on the first post, i think simple-ism is the first group in pick the 6 members,nice job.

K I R A B O S H I !

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

>_< Yah, people signed up pretty quickly, we got so lucky O_O

I've been *poking* several random people about joining w.a.r. so hopefully that should help get people to sign up >_<

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Rebel-Soul-Kaze

Glittering Crux Emperor

First post updated with the list of members so far.

To the admins of Walls-For-Noobs & TheUnderappreciated please if you already pick representatives post their names here.

K I R A B O S H I !

I ll be representing a-WallpaperRevolution as requested

ahh...o.k then...I ll update my sig right away

edit: wooshh! we have strong opponents on the simple-ism side... :evil grin:

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 87 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.