Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Can someone help me? - Minitokyo

Can someone help me?

page 1 of 1 4 total items

My brother has an MP3 Player that also acts as a portable memory stick. Lately we plaug it in and it says "the request could not be performed because on an I/O device error"

Does anyone have any suggestions about this?

Drop me a line
Thank you for your time

SilentKnight

SilentKnight

Spit Fire Like Dhalsim

erm.....are there any drivers that you have to install for that MP3 player? does the MP3 player come with a disk?
and perhaps the MP3 player is limited to storing only MP3 files?

Leader of the Hip Hop And Rap Alliance: http://hiphopandrapalliance.minitokyo.net/
Signature Image

Your provided info does not give enough information to perform a diagnostic test.
But you can try this...
I/O error probably it's either the connetion between your PC and Player are not communicating properly or your MP3 internal media already has some defects.

With the player plug in, Go to My Computer. Right click on your player and click
on Properties. Inside the properties page, you should see a pie like chart. Blue represents used space. Pink represents free space. If it's all blue, then there is something wrong.
If it's all pink then you have no data in your player. Do not format your player yet!!!!

Go to the Computer Management console and click Disk Management. It's located in the Administrative Tools (located in Control Panel). Verify if there is a file system. It's Mostly FAT32.

Please post a pic from the Computer management console. This will help a lot.

If it's the Memory Stick Media you are talking about. If you have a card reader plug it in to see if it works.

If you have unplug and plug in a external device without safely removing it. It will result in disk corruption and data loss.

Signature

ko1

Is it a USB stick like a Creative MuVo? Friend of mine had one with the same problem and it turned out to be a dirty USB port in his computer. The only other thing I can think of is that maybe the flash memory chip is starting to break down. I used to have an ultra cheap USB mem stick that eventually gave me read/write errors because I used it as a swap drive. Lesson learned and it was cheap.

"I want it all and all at once" - Marquis de Sade

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.