Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Current Event: Dozens of blasts rock Bangladesh - Minitokyo

Current Event: Dozens of blasts rock Bangladesh

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

Sigh... ...I found a very interesting article on MSN while I was at work this morning. ...Over a hundred small home-made bombs (IED) went off in Bangledesh... Why? ...Apparently to send the message:

"There should not be any other laws except Allah’s in a Muslim country. But it’s a pity that in Bangladesh, where about 90 percent are Muslims, Allah’s rules are not implemented."

....It just makes me glad that some courageous folks are out there trying to keep madpeople with bombs at bay....

Pertinent link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8978877/

That is the most preposterous thing i've ever heard. Things like this do happen, infact each day. But most of the time we dont hear of it.
But also, creating bombs and sending them off? Sheer stupidity.
To get a message out? Write it on a bulliten board you physcos!
Killing people...its the worst thing anyone could do. We should be protecting our lives and the lives of our species, not reducing them by destroying them and sending us to the bottom of the food chain>.<
Do you see sheep killing eachother? Nope..

gahhhhhh =.= people are .. sad.. sometimes.. =/ .. . but yeah.. =.=;; .. I have nothing relaly to "say" about it.. but thanks for sharing it with us.. sometimes, I feel like a lot of us live in ignorance and forget what's happening outside in the world. We get all tied up into the "Anime world" .. which is fine.. some even discuss about past events.. but sometimes it's nice to get a reality check like this to remember the things we are blessed with.

What message are they trying to send exactly I wonder... On the one hand they say it's a pity that Allah's rules are not implemented and on the other they're bombing their fellow Muslims... Anybody see a discrepancy there?? They're not helping their image in the world by doing what they're doing, I know plenty of decent, rational, friendly (not to mention tolerant and law abiding) Muslims but these extremists/radicals or whatever you want to call them are just giving the whole of the Muslim population a very bad name indeed.

These days it is quite easy to see why some people might associate Islam/Muslims with violence, terrorism, bombings and intolerance/a hatred for anything not in line with their faith/teachings... you only have to turn on the television and watch the news each day to see how much violence/bombings and terrorism are committed each and every day in the name of Islam...

Individuals who resort to setting off bombs in the name of Islam (or any other religion for that matter) are not being heroic in my mind, they're just a bunch of cowardly thugs who have no regard for their other fellow human beings at all...

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

Personally, I just find it interesting that whether or not you're on the side trying to defeat violent extremism, ...they still come after you. ...So I figure the USA and it's allies are very justified in their actions, and... ...personally, I'm glad somethings happened to start a stop to the maddness.

...This isn't just our problem... ...It's world-wide, and it affects everyone.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.