Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Vector Tutorial - Minitokyo

Vector Tutorial

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Electrastar

Electrastar

MT's official Roy fangirl

Ok, I said before that I wanted to try something new for my wallpapers...well I have been trying for the past few days to vector a screenshot for a wall. By combining different tutorials on the web, I've come up with something pretty decent....but none of the tuts I tried I actually liked....Besides, all those I did read don't cover black outlines and adding details....

So I'm asking you guys, do you know where I could pick up a well rounded vector tutorial...preferably for anime pictures....

Your help is very appreciated :D

Signature Image

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

There is one on Tama's site that you can reach from her userpage :) . I found it very helpful.

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Electrastar

Electrastar

I tried but I don't think her tutorials are online anymore...so I guess I'm outta luck...got anymore suggestions...-_-

Signature Image

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

Tama-neko's tutorials are still online. Go to >> Vectorage. But I think a good grasp of the pen tool is the only thing you really need: there's no easy way out of vectoring the black lines :sweat: .

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

Electrastar

Electrastar

Quote by bluSakeTama-neko's tutorials are still online. Go to >> Vectorage. But I think a good grasp of the pen tool is the only thing you really need: there's no easy way out of vectoring the black lines :sweat: .

I am good with the pen tool...but once I did the outline, I don't know what to use to stroke the path I made...with either the paintbrush or the pencil tool....it looks crappy -_-

Signature Image

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

The best method of drawing outlines is to draw outlines as a shape, and not to rely on strokes to make them. Strokes are too uniform, and make the image feel too artificial. It's easy to tell a vector is done with strokes; it's much more difficult to distinguish a vector from the original art if the outlines are drawn as shapes, because you have total control over varying the thickness of the lines. This variance makes an image flow better and feel more natural.

Electrastar

Electrastar

Quote by Tama-NekoThe best method of drawing outlines is to draw outlines as a shape, and
not to rely on strokes to make them. Strokes are too uniform, and make
the image feel too artificial. It's easy to tell a vector is done with
strokes; it's much more difficult to distinguish a vector from the
original art if the outlines are drawn as shapes, because you have
total control over varying the thickness of the lines. This variance
makes an image flow better and feel more natural.

Ok, but isn't that hard to do...I mean I'm not to bad with the pen tool....but I don't think I could be able to do that....

Signature Image

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Quote by ElectrastarOk, but isn't that hard to do...I mean I'm not to bad with the pen tool....but I don't think I could be able to do that....

It's no more difficult than drawing any other color shape or outline, because the principle is the same. It may take more time, but it's well worth the effort in the end.

Electrastar

Electrastar

Ok, guess I'll give it a shot...But Tama...are your tutorials still online or not ?

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.