Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Relena Peacecraft, why the hate? - Minitokyo

Relena Peacecraft, why the hate?

Tagged under Mobile Suit Gundam Wing

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 46 total items

Quote by lilivethi just don't understand why she introduce herself when Heero already left.

This gesture is the result of an event that took place a couple of years back during Episode Zero where Relena regretted not being able to stand up for or introduce herself to a boy who was being ridiculed in her school because of his social status. Heero looks awfully similar to him and so with the resurfacing memories and in a manner that many would find utterly ridiculous, she introduced herself to him (even if he wasn't there) as a gesture not to make the same mistake twice.

@}>- "When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing in myself."
|| Gundam Haven || Doujinshi Support Club || Deviants || Final Fantasy X/-2 || FLIP ||

Shes hot. But like she's like really annoying cause she's too pacifist. I mean she's trying way to hard to escape war. That annoys me.

-Gamer-

G for Game

i never really hated her

Signature
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regardless of what happnes our lives are finite we all know we will grow old and, someday our lives will end, thats why we try so hard to live each day to the fullest thats why we keep stubling on by trial and error but, it isnt just for ourselves its so we can leave some sign posts for the people following our footsteps
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, I find Relena all right. Maybe it's just me....but I find people that find her annoying is because her scences are always about ideas and philosophy. People seems to only really like the fights in GW. Just my opinion though.

I think Relena was pretty cool in Endless Waltz. She is even better in the comic Battlefield of Pacifist. Blind Target and Ground Zero.

In blind target, she seems confident and her ideas really change the people.

i think people's negative impression about her mainly comes from the TV series, where the character of Relena is still in the development stage.

Relena is kind of like Lacus in a way. They both believe in peace, but Lacus is actually willing to use force if necessary. They are both admired by the public. Lacus sings better than Relena in my opinion. Lacus is like an "upgraded" Relena. :)

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by kreI just wish heero killed her :)

If that happened, the series is on total mess...

Quote by zephrynPft, they're jealous of her that's why!
1. Relena accomplished more than a lot of other could without blowing things up.
2. Relena is the only thing that stands between the Heero and Duo "relationship" which, in fact, is nonexistant.
3. Relena is smarter than people give her credit for. For a fifteen year old, it's quite impressive that she can run a country, place it in one of the most dangerous situations by advocating pacifism, and make a significant impact on the mindsets of everyone.
4. For some stupid reason, people don't seem to understand that she only "stalked" Heero in the beginning of the series to try and gain some security in her life so soon after her (adoptive) father died. Nor do people understand that she admires Heero in a manner similar to how he admires her - she merely choses to act on her feelings.
5. ... etc. I can keep going but I think people get the picture.
More often than not, those that "hate" Relena are those that fail to understand her - not only her significance as character of Gundam Wing but also her, as an individual.
Relena is a very dynamic character and she changes with each new situation. She is a perfect example in an anime, showing growth and development with experience and progression. She's very strong willed, albeit idealistic. And while her ideals sometimes blind her from seeing a different perspective at times, she follows her heart through and through. I think that to be one of her most admirable traits.

This is an awesome explanation! Relena plays a vital role on Gundam Wing and she's not as stupid as the other girls...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

Rai1e

Rai1e

Yay!

i think there are no reason to hate her....

Hey, no bashing everyone!

Pride comes before the fall

UchihaTaijiya

UchihaTaijiya

Touched.By.Dusk

I haven't seen the series in a couple years, but I remember that at first I thought Relena was annoying and that her VA sucked. ^^ But I was also like ten or eleven when I watched this show, so I admit my thoughts were more immature and surface ideas, than actually looking into the characters and seeing why they are the way they are.

I rewatched the first couple episodes not too long ago and I didn't find her to be so annoying really. (her VA still sucked though) and I actually kinda liked her. I plan to buy this series soon and then I will know for sure my feelings on this character.

Signature Image

diana86

diana86

|||TwinSoul|||

i think RELENA PEACECRAFT is a great character....she's such a strong-willed person for her age.....i admire her strength, intelligence, and capabilities.......

she looks good with HEERO YUY......

but i dont like her pink car too.

Signature
In that special place between the earth and sky...

I do like Relena, no matter how much I hate her pink car. She changes a lot as the series goes on, and you can't expect a 15 year old girl to just suddenly have her father die, tell her he's not her real dad, a brother thrown in her face, AND deal with a war as a representative for peace all AT ONCE!

She is annoying a lot of the time, but she really does DO something, which is more than I can say for a lot of Gundam Seed characters...

Besides, 1xR is a great couple :D

I think a lot of girls hate her because she comes off as too perfect. She's rich, beautiful, smart, and runs an entire nation at only 15. Not only that, but she's also a very girly-girl (the pink limo) and can be considered as "preppy". Besides this, her obsession with the main character makes her come off as a boy-crazy ditz.
Personaly, I admire her beliefs of pacifism, even if they are unrealistic. I can relate to her idealistic nature. Sometimes being idealistic can be mistaken as being naive or ignorant.

merged: 03-06-2006 ~ 01:26am
About the pink car; I think it's easy to forget that she's only a 15 yeard old girl (who is extremely rich). If you were that rich, you would probably have a limo in your favorite color too.

What I'd like to ask is her impression at the end of the series.

When it's all said and done, is Relena still open to her feelings? Will she still act on them? From what I've seen of Endless Waltz, it doesn't apper as if she still has feelings for Hero or not.

To me it seems that she's become... cold... like a doll to be used to manipulate the people. She's given up on her own humanity to service the needs of all humanity.

That's what I remember. It's been ages since I've concerned myself with Gundam.

^ Yeah I know what you mean. That's one of the very reasons that I don't like Endless Waltz; the series had such a beautiful ending full of hope for the two of them! (But forgetting how much I dislike the OVA) What we see in EW is a more matured Relena and I'm sure that the political sphere has done a lot to make her appear closed-off; it still remains admirable, however, that she retains the pure sincerity of the beliefs that she has always had.

In the series, Relena depended a lot on the other characters for her strength (Heero especially), but now (in EW) we see that she's matured and that she doesn't have to always depend on someone to be her strenght. She's always showed maturity (don't get me wrong), but her constant need to be around/ near/ thinking of Heero shows her vulnerability, regardless of how strong she appears to us and the characters of the series. She has often claimed that she wasn't as strong as Heero - I believe that this is what she meant.

Relena doesn't show her dependence as obviously in EW and I believe that she doesn't need Heero as much as she once had, and that now she's learned to depend on her own strength to stand up for her beliefs.

As for her feelings for Heero... well, I can contest that (as I'm somewhat torn on that issue), but I won't. I think that she's decided to put it on hold - after all, she still has things to do. It wouldn't be fair if she left all her duties to pursue him (no! I don't mean stalker-like), just as it would be selfish of her if she asked him to stay with her. I think that she decided to leave the choice up to him, for whenever he is ready. Heero has to find a life for himself - a life that never really existed and one that he never thought that he would have once the war was over.

@}>- "When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing in myself."
|| Gundam Haven || Doujinshi Support Club || Deviants || Final Fantasy X/-2 || FLIP ||

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

Relena is a rather boring and stiff character. Lacus wasn't even that bad. Relena's character was as active as a rock imo.

I think the only way in explaining her stalker-type-ness to Heero in the beginning, is that she was only 15 (Do you remember what it was like to have a crush back then?) And had just lost her father.
I'm not fond of Relena but the story did need her.

Overall Gundam Wing is great. :D

HaouJudai6

HaouJudai6

Meiyo Hades

I hate Relana man seriuouly she was annoy and she distracted heero on his missions

"Each our of lives individually small,
we're all part of the universe. If we understand this,feel it burn within us,life can shine. Anyone's"

-Pope Sage Saint Seiya Lost Canvas-

minayuri

minayuri

Like An Endless Waltz

I liked Relena, she was given a chance by the Gundam Wing staff during the production of Endless Waltz to mature as a leader and showed a lot of positive character development from the TV series. I actually liked Relena's character development better than Lacus and Cagalli's. Relena in the post-war climate after the first conflict continued to work to maintain peace, whereas someone like Lacus decided to run off into seclusion with Kira after the first war between Naturals and Coordinators. It takes work to maintain peace. Lacus didn't do anything to try to help maintain peace relations between the end of GS and the beginning of GSD. Even after the Mariemaia incident, Relena continues to work hard. She didn't do what Lacus did by running off with the guy she fancied, Relena chose to help maintain the peace process for the Earth and the Colonies. So I respect Relena more than I do Lacus.

Signature

HaouJudai6

HaouJudai6

Meiyo Hades

I see and cool

"Each our of lives individually small,
we're all part of the universe. If we understand this,feel it burn within us,life can shine. Anyone's"

-Pope Sage Saint Seiya Lost Canvas-

LilWashu

LilWashu

The greatest scientific genius!

Two words: Yaoi Fangirl.

Or at least that what the majority of Relena-bashers are.

merged: 06-08-2010 ~ 07:18pm
On top of that, am I one of the few people who liked Relena, or at least tolerable?

Here's another interesting fact:

It seems that in America, Relena is Gundam Wing's equivalent of John Cena in terms of fan reaction (with the majority of Relena-bashers being the diehard yaoi fangirls), while in Japan, she is the only female GW character (to date) to appear on Gundam Ace's "Top 30 Females" ranking as well as Newtype's "Top 30 Females of the 90s" ranking (alongside Cecily, Katejina, and Allenby).

Shatchan

Shatchan

FANAGATA

It's jealousy. When the show first aired on Toonami back in 2000, I was 14 and totally goo-goo-ga-ga in love with Duo and Heero (not as a couple, just the characters seperately). I hated Hilde (the female character closest to Duo) and I really, REALLY hated Relena (because not only is she the female character closest to Heero, they actually have an inferred romance -- however slight -- develop between them in the series). Now that I'm older and wiser, I like her! I've come to realize that Relena actually has a legitimate place in "Gundam Wing", and she's not, as my 14-year-old-self insisted, pointless and unnecissary. She still comes off as a little annoying, but no longer in a rage-inducing way, more like in a "Ha ha! Oh, Relena!" kind of way. I'm sure there are some people who genuinely dislike her as a character, but most of the time it's jealousy.

jcena18

jcena18

Golden Time Lover

I dont like her at FIRST! because of the "Heero! Heero!" thingy.. its kinda annoying to be honest BUT she DEVELOP her character.. managed to be matured and became a Strong Good leader in the Gundam Series which makes her my female favorite character in Gundam Wing.. XD

Endless Waltz had the best portrayal as she was more in-between her starting self and her pacifist self from the anime.

In the anime, I found her "total pacifism" attitude to be annoying, primarily because it was completely unrealistic (real life or otherwise), especially because of the "get rid of ALL weapons" deal. And she didn't really come off as a "good" leader in the anime either, IMO.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 46 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.