Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you think video games are just for guys? - Minitokyo

Do you think video games are just for guys?

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 87 total items

Cagari

Cagari

Eh?

NO way!!! I think that video games are for both girls and guys!! I play games, especially fighting games and one person shooters. But I rarely play games these days....but I'm still good at them!!! It just seems as if there are more guys gamers....O_o

Harati

Harati

Supreme Overlord!

To me it doesn't matter. Anybody can play a video if they want to or not.

No way! Most guys think that it's just for them, and that the girls that do play are just wannabe's with no real skill. Every guy i've ever met has claimed to be better than me at every game out there. Most of the time, they just need to be beaten back into their place.

My last boyfriend said he was better than me at thug. Well, I wiped the floor with him. My neighbor said he was better than me at thug, I beat him, the score was something like 113,000 to 25,000. A friend of mine said he could beat me at MK: Deception. 2 words. Flawless Victory.

Now i'm teaching my 6 year old neice how to play Star Ocean 3 (battle tournaments, and other regular battles) and MK: Deception. She's beaten quite a few kids her age. Along with my 7 year old "I can beat any girl at any game" nephew. I'm so proud :P

Signature

Taking a big Sanzo break...Hellllo Reno!

Reno from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Extreme lovin'...

Definitely not. I mean look at sites like FragDolls, GameGirlz, and Lady Gamers. Not to mention my gf can pwn my ass in Soul Calibur. God, I love her. :)

Signature

Ryoki-san

Ryoki-san

multum in parvo-ore no ichiru

no, i know alot of girls who play them they wresle too

Signature
dont cut off your own arm just to spite me
sig frm saku

Inuyasha-FAN

Inuyasha-FAN

I'm back

games are fot everyone it doesnt matter if yourr a boy or a girl we all play them!

LJ23

Pimpin' since 1990

Anyone can play video games if they want to. A few girls I know can pwn my ass at DDR.

Thank you RainOfStars for the kick ass signature!
Signature Image

"If you ain't no punk, holla 'we want prenup!' WE WANT PRENUP! YEEUH!"
Gold Digger - Kanye West ft. Jamie Foxx

Girlgamers
Girlgamesh
Gilgamesh

*Hears Gilgamesh theme from Final Fantasy V in backround*

And this topic is old, old, old. We all know girls play games - big f-in deal. I remember once a few years ago when some dude at some forum made a topic asking if there were any girls out there who were at all attracted to gaming males and I found that the first 10 or so pages (I eventually got bored) were filled with girls claiming that they themselves played videogames.
Do you now? Well, that's very nice for you. Is anyone surprised that this girl plays videogames? I thought not.

Kids nowadays grow up into the mainstream videogaming industry, messing up their physique from an early age. Teens choose to live their lives through screens rather than in the real world, because the graphics are fancier. Adults waste their lives to an addiction to a medium that gives them nothing but enhanced finger-reflexes and improved ability to percieve events on a screen.

Playing videogames today says about as much about your personality as using phones, writing on keyboards and reading newspapers - while there are people who avoid these things, as well as people who seem addicted to them, most people have done it and rare is the person who has only done it once.

no i dont video games are for everybody i have a 7 yr old niece and im am helping her with starwars games she will be a gamer eventually

Signature

why put the gun to your head if youre already dead?

Maruko87

Evangelion forever

Quote by pogimonzgthrm... there are more girl gamers in the 13-18 age range than boys in
the 9-12 age range.9-12 age range is the general staple for 'gamers'.
not very accurate though. i think games are for everybody. i think
maybe girls might have a harder time identifying with characters in
video games, but they're for everybody. definitely not just for guys.

Quote by DrifterxGAmes are for Everybody! Doesent matter if u suck or not...games are for everyone!^_^

Quote by SpystreakVideo games are for anyoine who wants to play them be they male or
female. The only thing is some guys have this idotic idea that video
games are for guys only. Such a stupid idea yes but some believe that.
Not me ofcourse girls are capable of doing anything it's up to them to
choose whether or not they want to

i agree, video games its for all

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

UltraMarine

UltraMarine

Detective Prince

After reading all the post here, I wish everybody out there thinks the same thing. Video games are for males and females! Over the weekend at Otakon, there was a discussion panel about girl gamers. The stories I heard there were typical. Girl plays online games like Halo and defeats male players. When the guys find out they were bested by a girl, they left and/or verbally harass the female gamer. I guess some guys don't like the fact that a girl can beat them in a male dominant genre?

From what I learned from the panel, there are alot of girl games out there, (40%, I think that was the stats ) Some girls choose not to reveal themselves right away due to negative reactions from some males whereas, there are proud girl gamers openly revealing their gender and prove to the guys they can play just as good as any male gamers.

In the video gaming room , I was watching a little asian girl beating several male players in Dead or Alive 3. Instead of being mad/humuilated, guys she defeated were impressed with her skills. It was good to see the males respect girl gamers. I don't often see that.

Signature

FallingAwake

FallingAwake

Seafaring Swashbuckler

It would be sad to think that only guys play games. My best friend is a girl and I cannot take her away from the computer screen or the PS2. If only the gaming industry would wake up and listen to their fans. And putting a little more clothes on their females would be cool- but that's me being nitpicky.

Signature Image

Kairi-Hearts

Kairi-Hearts

~sitting in the silence~

video games are for everyone.
I'm a girl and I just love them x))
And everybody says i'm pretty good (specially DOA =) )

Heck no. My girlfriend love to play video game with me and I know a whole lot of other girl who play

Koenken

Koenken

Crazy Tiger

No. My girlfriend likes to play Dark Cloud and a few other PS2 games.
One of my friend's girl friend plays World of Warcraft more than he does.

"You should never get between people and their pudding!" - Milly Tompson

video games should be for both genders.

Linda9122

Linda9122

Ain't He Cute?!

Nope! Video games are for anyone! The guys that goes to my old school are always like "I didn't know girls play games too..."

Signature

i dont think video games are just for guys because some of my guy friends wont play me in conkers bad fur day because i always win which i think its pretty funny but they will play with me if we are on the same team

I think that video games are for everyone but i only usually see guys play them.

dragongirli

dragongirli

girl of the dragons

heck, no! but game programmers don't seem to think that, with the way they design thier females... :sweat:

knowledge is power. power corrupts. study hard. be evil.

nope! i love playing games! and i can beat my brother easily at soul calibur! ^-^ and i love halo

Asigha

Asigha

Welcome To The Club

nope i remember in elementary school out of all the guyz in my class i passed gta:vice city b4 all of them :D :D

*sigh* good tymez :) ....

...i will rise again...
{~}In Trance We Trust{~}
Signature

hello! :),i think video games are4 both girls and boys,but it SO hard to find and gals that like them.it would be cool to give BOTH females,and males a hardcore game,but not many girls are interested,infact i havint even met one b4.....:( sad stuff.....:) P.S:give ya a game of Mario Kart or Super smash bros^_^.

"When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed."

SealedSorrow

SealedSorrow

Happiness

Games for both genders... I see alot of guys and girls in where I currently live... play all types of videos games... I was so unexpected for a Girl to play Initial D that well! Also in fighting games like KOF and Guilty Gear... Wow... Too bad I never played a girl hehe not planning to go on a machine and play against them... Dont like picking on girls and little starters... unless I dont have the time I would pick on little starters...

Though... mostly I play Adults (Time for PayBack)... Having some bad experiences too with buttons or the driving wheel not working properly...

Wont you let me see what Real Happiness Trully is...
Because if this is Happiness then I want more...
I know its selfish...
But have you ever felt so much Pain...
When will you understand that the why sun dont shine through my window...
And when will you understand that I am not really what I seem...
And When will you understand I been Wishing for you to be Happy Forever...

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 87 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.