Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Appropriate number of Episodes for an anime. - Minitokyo

Appropriate number of Episodes for an anime.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 53 total items

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

I am just wondering. What is the best length for an anime.
Personally, I think it is 26, since it should be able to cover the story without any rush or meaningless plots.

I just don't like the animes that goes on forever, ex naruto. The whole plot is meaningless and has nothing to do with the story.

anyway, what do you guys think?

*added*
sry but there was a misunderstanding. I meant the number of episodes, not the time.

Signature

i'm not sure

don't worry the site will be up soon
Signature
http://junto.sytes.net

GKW

im used to the 26 minute anime but im sure that there can be nothing wrong with ones that are longer or shorter as long as the plot, story stays on track and intresting

Tifareth

GFX Creator

I would have to go with 26 myself. If it went on longer than that over 30 mins it wouldn't be that great...then only time it should be maybe a little over an hour would be for a movie of that anime...otherwise I would still say 26.

I make GFX....if anybody wants a sig or something made for them just PM me...I'll be glad to make you something.

Cohex

Cohex

Junglist

Jeez of couse its neverending is the best lenght...sif u want any anime to end :'(

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

26 episodes is probably better, however i've seen some excellent anime that had only 12-13 episodes that didn't feel rushed at all. But then I've also seen some 26 episode anime that I wished had ended 10 episodes ago just to speed up the storyline. In the end I don't think its how long it is but how well made and written the anime and the story line are!!

26 is the best most of time : look at animes like Elfen Lied, I wish they will do a second season ~_~ And with Naruto or Dragon Ball, at the end we saw always the same things...

Signature
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ F r e n c h - T r i b u --- F i n a l F a n t a s y F a n s --- F i n a l - F a n t a s y --- F i n a l F a n t a s y]
[ J a p a n e s e --- M y W e b s i t e ]

26 min... and naruto also has about that amount heh.

and to be honest i really like all the flashbacks in naruto because you actually get to know the characters and their lifestory etc. I really feel like I know all the characters inside out.
I didnt got that same feeling when i watched other animes.

Inuyasha-FAN

Inuyasha-FAN

I'm back

Quote by juntoi'm not sure

i dont know ether

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

I generally prefer 26 episode because it gives me enough time to enjoy the characters and the plot throughly, but I don't have any problem with longer running shows. I'm generally kind of sad when there are less than 26 episodes because I always feel short changed.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

Yodelforcookie

Yodelforcookie

As days go by...

Two seasons is nice, at a good 26, but when I saw fullmetal alchemist, four seasons seemed better. It gives the anime more time to develop and there's just more too.

...and I wish that some animes were longer :_:

"Man created an acid rain that now washes away the sandcastles he built.
...or perhaps he needed it to wash away... all his deeply hidden secrets..."

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

... I think there is a confusion about what I meant.

I meant the number of episodes, not the time for one episode. :sweat:
Sry, if I wasn't being clear on that

Signature

I'm gonna have to go against the majority here and say "13"
so umm..

why? I generally tend to find that 13 episode animes don't fart around
and by that I mean they don't needlessly waste time... every second feels like it served some sort of purpose
examples? hmm... off the top of my head... humm..
Lain, Tsukihime, Haibane Renmei, Kimi ga Nozumu Eien, SaiKano, Boogiepop, Paranoia Agent, Elfen Lied, Koi Kaze, etc. etc.

often this isn't the case with 26+ episode shows
u'll find fillers and nonsense episodes that do nothing for the plot blah blah etc.
examples? hell... just about any 26 ep anime

sert

sert

N00b of the West Quarter

26 is best in my opinion. 13 can often be too short to cover a everything in a typical Anime plotline, 50 might cause it to drag on too long and you may grow sick of it. And neverending causes you to lose interest and generally stop watching.

26 is a good length that can cover all that is needed without strecthing the series too long.

Signature Image

We were all n00bs once, of course that doesn't mean you have to feel for them.

Iyasis

Iyasis

:: Crystal Winter ::

Lol, I thought you meant time length as well ^^;; You should probably edit the thread title.

Anyway, I'd have to say either 26 or 50. Although I generally like shows with about 26 episodes, some series really do need that 50 or more to fully cover plotline and character development. Once they get past the 50 or 60 mark, I get bored and often at those points, half of the content is fillers anyway. I usually try to stay away from series that are long and seem never-ending, lol. So my vote is for 26.

Wakarimashta

Wakarimashta

I Understand!

26 episodes. Fifty would be pushing some fillers and thirteen might not be enough to establish the characters. Though it's funny that most of my favorite anime are OVA's...

I'm not sure either but i voted 50. In my opinion most anime series' are too short

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

If the anime could I'd like to be never ending..unless I don't like it..

It depends on how deep or far the storyline is. Shows with good (or long) plots deserve bigger number of episodes. Time-wasters should be limited to no more than 13. :D

Xabinator

Xabinator

Temporarily Insane

I'd say 50 is a fair amount of episodes.

when an anime is too long you lose intrest *cough* inuyasha *cough*
its a shame to ruin a perfectly good anime by running it too long :(
i personally like animes around 26 ep because 13 just isn't enough time usually and anything over that it better be darn good to hold my intrest

Akushin

Akushin

~Ano Kaze no Youni~

like 50 eps myself, but most of the time if it goes longer than that like inuyasha and dbz it just gets old

Signature

26 or 50, but no more, than you end up like DBZ or Pokemon.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 53 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.