Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Appropriate number of Episodes for an anime. - Minitokyo

Appropriate number of Episodes for an anime.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 53 total items

I think 5 or 6

Yngn

Yngn

The One Winged Angel

I like animes that are 26 or 50 episodes long if they get longer than that the story get repetitive
and Bland or start having stupid filler stories that are gay.

Cloud: Finally, We Meet.
Sephiroth: I was searching for you too.
Cloud: As Long as you continue to exist I cannot awake form my nightmare.
Cloud: You are my darkness.
Sephiroth: Then turn towards that darkness.
Sephiroth: Eternally refuse the light, to the nightmare of no awakening.
Signature Image

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

it depends on the series, so really its on a series to series basis for me anyway

Signature Image

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

I also think it depends on the series. There are some series that I wished would have spent more time on explaining/elaborating, and some that could have avoided some of its repetitiveness/superfluousness. But I don't particularly approve of the never-ending series that later lose so much of its initial flair.. (e.g. Inuyasha, Naruto)

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

Ennariel

La figlia che piange

Depends on the anime. Between 26 and 60 is about good for me. Over that is way too long. Under that is too short, but some animes are better off being short (such as flcl).

~*~ "A man always wants to be a woman's first love. A woman always wants to be a man's last romance." ~*~

TheVanishingBoy

TheVanishingBoy

Racer in Disguise

-> I think 26 is too short and quick in my opinion, I like more story details and questions to be answered so 50/ per season is more appropriate, any longer than that is tiring. (:

Representing Torque Philippines [www.TQPi.net]
Cars | Racing | Anime | Girls | Videogames | Etc.

"Kamusta po kayo dyan mga kaibigan, hello from Las Vegas, USA."-VB

shikigami

shikigami

~chinjun no kami~

never ending seires are best, but only as long as the story doesn't suffer. 8)

racka64

racka64

Mugiwara

No matter how may episodes are until it is exciting. For example Inuyasha or Naruto. I can never bored of them. :pacman:

Signature

It really depends on what the story has to offer, how the story is executed and a host of other factors. Generally though, 26 episodes is a respectable number.

I'd prefer 26......

But if it's a good anime... I wouldn't mind see more of it.......

If it's an even great anime.... I wouldn't mind even if it reaches hundreds....

As long as it is good though... if it start to get boring.... I'll drop it....

*Naruto now seems kinda boring to me..... -_- really hope the fillers end as soon as possible.... ^_^'

In my opinion, 26 is a good number of eps. There is no need to rush the plot, you can develop the characters but I hate when they make some fillers.

Well, I like series that are about 50 episodes, if they're good... If its just an ok series then make it shorter :P But I've ran into some good series that were way too short T_T

When you feel lost, what do you do? When your alone, who can help you? When you've been betrayed, who can you trust?

Satsugai

Satsugai

Primula's Personal Worshiper

a series should stop as soon as it starts repeating jokes

for example, Ichigo 100% should have stopped at episode 2/3 XD

Mahou Sensei Negima should have been longer though =/

I believe it should be 26 and 13, depending on what kind of story it has. I've seen 26 eps anime that really should have been compressed to just 13, and 13 eps anime that you just wanted to watch for more than 13 eps.

But 26 is better I guest. At least when you get a good anime (ex Air), than you'll get 26 eps ;)

joshdoek

joshdoek

Writer

I don't think there should be a standard limit for all anime.
The number of episodes should depend on what kind of story
the creators want to tell. If they want to 35 episodes, it's fine
with me. I don't care about the quantaty, just the quality.

Signature
Run, run as fast as you can. I'll catch you, for I'm the Gingerbread Man.

ever-ruler

ever-ruler

..: winter air :..

I'd say, in my opinion, the appropriate number of episodes is 13. Most of the good animes I've seen is only 13 or less, like Air was only 12 with a 13th recap episode, and it was a really great anime series, although a little confusing.
26 episodes is ok too. Like Azumanga Daioh, or maybe Chobits.
I don't like really long animes though. I like ones that are short and still have a very good storyline.

I say around 20 is good. A bit more is ok too. Ones like DBZ and Naruto and Inuyasha with like 100+ episodes bore me. FMA was just tollerable.

I think 50 is good because if it's a good series I want it to last longer, but not have the neverending plot :D

scrapstyle

scrapstyle

Look! Behind You!

I prefer 26. I don't mind 13 eps if it's at least 30 min per episode. 15 min is short for 13 eps but ok for 26.

Satsugai

Satsugai

Primula's Personal Worshiper

26 episodes gives you enough time to get to know the characters ^^

FredGreg

FredGreg

Cynical pedant.

Well, I voted 26 because I tend to like every lenth, from 5 through 13 through 26 through ~50 through ~80 through ~150, etc... but to be honest the 13 episode anime tend to be better in my view. It's just a few longer ones which put my average up - if the plot & characters can sustain it, why not? It's just rare that they can... I was having trouble deciding whether to put 13 or 26, & just went with one spontaneously.

angelicdemonIII

angelicdemonIII

Dark and Light

well I would have to say that it does depend on the ainme and the storyline. some animes are just fine at 13eps like He is my master, Lain, Key the metal Idol,and Real bout high school. but there are some animes that are 13 eps that I wish were a little bit longer like Elfen Lied and DearS because of the way that they end. Now 26 is a good place to end a great anime like Cowboy Bebop, Chrono Cursade, Trigun, Samurai Champloo, and Samurai 7. thoses are cool animes that aren't rushed and end good. and don't make you say Finally or already awwww. But for the longer ones most of the are boring and instead of doing something different they do the same damn thing. yes I'm talking to YOU DBZ.

Signature Image

26 is a great way to really package in all the series has to offer. However, I think 50 episodes would serve an epic storyline better, providing that there's always something new around the corner (which is really hard to write, and you don't see many animes doing it).

Signature Image

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 53 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.