Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The Truth - Minitokyo

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

DayBreak

DayBreak

The Prince Is Dead

As everyone know, people have completely lost in control of their ego,pride etc. They usually take it to the wall,pillows,computers,internet chat. But, it wasnt just enough for them to justify their actions.

Section A.

I've been observing the Shoutbox in Mt for quite a while. I dont mind the fun shouts people were having. I was quite happy my self to see people enjoy them selfs. But thats just the Pro. The con would be seeing people flaming other people behind their backs. I was just disgusted by their actions. You could say their flaming people with no logic behind it. But it doesnt really matter to them if you directly told them or not. They're just going to keep flaming the person, and at the same time being childish about it. I dont want to be mean or anything, but its just out of hand. Im not going to name anybody But they should know who they are that im talking about.

Section B.

Now browsing thru some of my friends G-book and including my. I just withness a flaming post relating to comments,post on their Wallpapers,Threads etc. Like com'on, give us a break. We're just giving what people needs, critism. You cant simply get better with all these lame Spam comments.
EX:"Nice wall, adding to favs!" < Now thats just plain stubid if you ask me.
I dont know if you guys notice, people are actually getting pissed at Critized comments now these days. Its alright to have second thoughts about them, but dont go over the line and flame the person. You'll just make the situation worst. Pfft, better yet i withness "People" actually dragging friends into it and starting a hella big flame war with no logic. Like com'on, Grow up please. If you can't handle the pressure, than dont wall? Simple as that

Section C.

Its related to the Top favorites. I know alot of people are dissappointed about them. That what happen's when we have a big, un-stable community like MT. When "Wall's that doesnt reach the standerd requirements" go on the top favorites every single time they submit a wallpaper. Their ego starts to grow, thinking that their the best cause their wallpaper goes up there all the time. But, guess what? It doesnt mean your the best waller in the whole wide world. It just means you have a HUGE FL"Friends List" But, most of the time. They just whore their work so much.. it gets to me. "if you give a noob another chance that he/she thinks whoreing their work is good, You'll just give them another chance to FLAME the one's whos telling you the truth"

Thats the truth guys, you just have to bear it with me.

Signature
i have such good eyes for spotting talent *-* it never failed me -0- cept for the time when i picked bromit to be staff -0- -Queen Saki

Hey on that section B I rarely post commets on gallery Items and some times I say Great scan adding to favs -_- It doesnt mean im spaming its just that i really think its a great scan. Im just commenting on the scan cuz i like it and the person that posts it isnt complaining, I like it when ppl add my stuff to there favs :) I just thought that I would let you know :\

DayBreak

DayBreak

The Prince Is Dead

Quote by InuyashaRulesssssHey on that section B I rarely post commets on gallery Items and some
times I say Great scan adding to favs -_- It doesnt mean im spaming its
just that i really think its a great scan. Im just commenting on the
scan cuz i like it and the person that posts it isnt complaining, I
like it when ppl add my stuff to there favs :) I just thought that I
would let you know :\

Actually i was refering to Wallpapers, not scans.
But its all good XD
Scans and walls are two different things

Signature
i have such good eyes for spotting talent *-* it never failed me -0- cept for the time when i picked bromit to be staff -0- -Queen Saki

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

flaming....that's funny. i've never heard it like before.

section a: there is a shoutbox? how do you use it, i want to flame. not sure how to do it, but sounds like fun. other than that, if someone has something on their mind, no point on just letting it sit there, and if typing is a release, well then release. oh well. rude comments aren't very nice though.

section b: i wish i had more criticism on my pictures. like really harsh criticism, like what i got from my poster submissions. that was great, it stung a little to see that people had picked out the same nast problems that i had, but it just validated the reason why i should have fixed them before submission. but yeah. however, unneccessary criticism isn't appropriate. indeed.

section 3: top favorites. i just thought those were there because there was an semi-nude character, or cute girl character, with an sometimes an over the top background, and sometimes a well designed background, that people favourited because they liked the semi-nude girl. i feel that is the main reason they are there. the girl since, i'm sure mt is predominitly male, it goes with out saying why those are favs.

flame. hehehe!

keep it real real.

Signature

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

What's sad is that is the truth. I know I've done it on many walls. I don't know why but I just do. It's not any of my friends walls either those I actually like alot and think they are great. Well not all but those walls I jsut don't comment on them. Which is basically like saying good job. It doesn't help them any. I don't know about the shoutbox though I'm only level 33. I have seen the flaming. I have been flamed myself. I haven't retaliated it would be pointless. I simply report it.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

o_o let's start that quote chain! everyone should join it <3

anyways, we can't fix what happens between other members in this forum.. the only thing we can do is report their posts, and .. o_o that's all .. i guess ..
what ppl say in the sb is downright rude.. i see people jumping on members that aren't even on minitokyo that moment, and i think that's stupid.

would they like it if other ppl talked behind their backs in the sb? it's cowardly cuz they're afraid to say it to their faces and get jumped...

for the walls ... the only thing i can say is wait for mt3 ...... they'll be a bigger change, i hope.

for guestbooks... leave em be... who are we to look at other people's gb ? ^-^ rite?

anyways .. this is online stuff..not offline... if someone beats yu up online, dont go around pissing around offline... ^-^ things that happen online isnt really important, so don't put your whole soul into it! x3 focus on your offline life instead <3

so next time someone is rude to yu online... don't look too into it... x3 just forget about it cuz what other ppl think about us online ... isnt as important as what other ppl think about us offline... o_o

i noe ppl who beat themselves up offline cuz of what someone said to them online... ^-^ so dont do that .. it's bad for the soul~

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Quote by shyxsakuraanyways, we can't fix what happens between other members in this forum.. the only thing we can do is report their posts, and .. o_o that's all .. i guess ..

They get reported but they do the same things over and over again. You think it helps half of the time? To me, it doesn't. If you took a look at my thread that I made some time ago, you would see that the members shaped this community, so they have to be the ones to reshape the community for the better, and of course, that could be done if they only followed the rules. In MT v3, things should improve.

The top favorites haven't been the best as of late because I see pretty much the same cliched walls, the walls in which little time was spent to assemble all the details and even check for errors before submission. That's why so many of the better wallers haven't had an inspiration lately...they see the same things over and over again.

DayBreak, I completely agree, and as of late, everything above holds true. I have no idea why people don't take criticism to heart. Is it because the truth hurts? Well, the truth is the only ticket to improvement, but if you don't want to improve, you'll just set yourself up for more criticism. The flaming is wholly unnecessary as well because that's definitely how drama, something not needed on the internet, builds. Yup, it's an online thing, so we have time to think about what we say to other people.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

Quote by SilentMasamune
DayBreak, I completely agree, and as of late, everything above holds true. I have no idea why people don't take criticism to heart. Is it because the truth hurts? Well, the truth is the only ticket to improvement, but if you don't want to improve, you'll just set yourself up for more criticism. The flaming is wholly unnecessary as well because that's definitely how drama, something not needed on the internet, builds. Yup, it's an online thing, so we have time to think about what we say to other people.

it's cause they're happy with themselves...

they feel accomplished when they see those faves on their walls... they turn overly cocky and arrogant...

the truth hurts them, and they in turn get mad... they say, " who are YU to flame my wall.."
=-= they dunt understand that it's for the better..

BUT! some ppl critique waaay too harshly... that's what hurts... not the critique, but the way they say it...

o_o just say what's wrong... don't say things like.. " THIS shouldnt BE UP HERE BLAH blah" cuz it's not their fault that their wall got on the faves... it's the commenter and the ppl who fave who's at fault... remember that!

Blondie4Ever

Blondie4Ever

Adieu...

Wow. Reading this thread makes me feel lucky. I've been on MT about 11 weeks now & have never been flamed to my knowledge (although i've no idea about the shoutbox).

As for spam feedback on scans & walls, i'd be happy if folks'd comment at all. I'm a scanner, not a waller, and a new one at that, but i'm sure I could submit better work if folks would say *something* about it. I mean: I get views & I get faves, but comments? I got two.

Signature Image

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

Some of the comments have been ridiculously rude lately. They are not helping the artist, rather they are just to put down the artist out of jealously and some sort of grudge.

I could've sworn a couple times you flamed in the shoutbox, too, Daybreak.

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

Yo, Masamune and Saki, I totally agree with what you guys are saying. I myself have not seen the harsh criticism as much as I use to, probably because I either don't have the time to skim through the posts for a wall as much as I use to, but I know it is out there, and so is flaming. First off, the flaming, especially the outright drag people in and flame for nor flippin reason is uncalled for. Before the shoutbox was changed to where you had to be lvl50. I use to see it pretty often, and it was dumb. Seriously, what is it going to accomplish? Both sides are going to get even more riled to go at each other throats because they don't know how press the stop button on the friggin mines. If don't like someone's work, fine, don't dog that person about it or go around and say soemthing nasty about them when they aren't looking. That's cowardly and detestable.

Next thing, taking criticism for your work. If any here has ever been in art clss, more than likely your work had been critiqued by your art teacher or by and student whois really good and knows what they are talking about. Sometime because they felt they you needed to improve in something even whether the piece looked good or not, and other times because they were coming off condsending. Which ever it may be, there's not much point for it. I'm at fault for getting upset myself, I would get mad and get over it, or one up the person like " I'm good no matter what you say. Yeah I need improvment, but I'm not going to let what you said stop me". If that were the case for everyone, oro if they just didn't let them affect them so badly,you would probably see alot less people going back and forth with the person who said something negative about their work, or even dragging others into the fray.

And on to the favs, yes they stuff that has been up recently has been alittle on the dull side, not to mention that creates underlying problems and tension amongst the members here. Some of the people who you see up there frequently actually do deserve to be up their, whether they have a big Fl or not, because you can tell they take time and effort ot make their wallpapers look the best they possibly can, and others just don't because at times their work is totally uninspired or they have a large friend base. But as whole, with them constantly being in the highlights, it sets them up to let all that attention go to their heads if they are not careful, and creating all of that havoc detailed in sections A and B.

If you think about it, things were not this bad when MT was in it's freshman year, but now, it's out of hand. If more people actted like they had more common since here and were willing to take things as they are or do something to change them, we really wouldn't have all of the issues, fights, and problems that ensue these days. But that's only if people are willing to do that, because as an end result we'll all be right where we are with the community now.

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

Ultra-Violet

Ultra-Violet

Ultra Violence

I'd like to support Day Break in his comments regarding all three sections of his post. It is unfortunate that some members simply can't be a little more open minded about the situation at hand. It is fair enough that everyone is entitled to their personal opinion. Even if it were to be an opinion that is quite sour I understand there is an art in elaborating it. Either with tact or not at all. The entire concept of flaming strictly in my opinion is completely and utterly pointless. To proclaim passionate displays of hate over the internet is a non-productive way to communicate. I'm still a firm believer in catching flies with honey rather than vinegar.

Members, if a person in the community upsets you, stop and think about the situation before posting a head biting comment that can end in more than one person getting upset or aggravated. Can the situation be resolved by calm conversation, a little bit of politeness and a good display of decent manners rather than entering a name calling session? Yes, it can. And better yet, members need not even bother dragging a poor Mod into it.

Likewise, I know it can't exactly be expected of everyone, but I can't help but think it would be nice if gallery posting members would elaborate on their comments a little more than simply saying something is cool. Fair enough, it's cool...but why? An artist always appreciates members pin-pointing particular parts of the work that they may like or dislike. as well as giving a reason. Thus far, I've made over a hundred gallery comments on artworks I've found at random and I pride myself on being able to say that every single one of them has given some manner of praise constructively thus informing the artist what aspects I've appreciated mostly.

Day Break for instance, I adore your work a great deal and I enjoy telling you the reason that is for each particular piece. :) But anyway, I don't mean to start a list of wrongs and rights, we all notice little things that we'd like to improve here on MT and it's good to talk about it so long as we all remember that at the end of the day, we're all in this community together and we all appreciate the same topic: Anime.
In the words of Trigun's Vash The Stampede:
"Love & Peace!" ;)

Nisna

Nisna

~ Meow ~

Maybe I'm useless.... I just spam with my comments since I could never flame anyone even to tell the truth (I'm an experienced liar ^^;; )... when i don't like something I usually don't comment... unless it's a dear friend where I just mention what I like about the wall/drawing/ whatever... well... depending on my mood, if I'm angry I actually say the truth... but I try not to sound angry ^^;; Oh my... -___- I'm decreasing to Tohru Honda's situation~~ xD I shouldn't be nice~~~
sorry... I spammed again with my useless comments!
*hides scared while all honest people look at her with creepy eyes*

Evanrued

Evanrued

Here and there from time to time

Well I do see where you are coming from, and agree up to almost every point. I feel strongly about some of what you said the rest I simply just agree.

The shoutbox: I rarely use it lol. :\ Infact I dont even glance at it but once or maybe 3 times a day while I'm on MT. Though I have seen some of what you mentioned about it. ~_~

Hmm section B. For the most part, it could just be facing a harch reality lol. We all have our problems, personal or not. Some people just have to adjust. :\

i totally agree on the FL thing. Just no chance for the skilled. lol I have noticed a "Friends List Clean-Up' aspiring around lately. I see some people posting about shedding some layers/people off of their FL. But these people that you speak of who have an ego, do you expect them to "clean"? OX hate me readers if you must >.<

Bah, Evan is just speaking from opinion based upon with what information has been provided to her. Also from what I have seen ^_^'

Signature

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

actually i am an art student, and critiques role around. and nothing is said. nothing. you know how hurtful that is, dammit. i want to be critiqued. i want to be flamed. all i ever get from my professors is,(might sound a little cocky, but it's true) you've got good composition, what i like about you, is i don't have to tell you what to do, you just do something and get it done, just keep doing what you're doing. yeah thanks. i'm paying #&$*loads of money to go to school, get an education, and all i ger in actuality is, nice job, keep it up. it's frustrating seeingall my classmates with the professor, and how they could do this, this looks wrong, try this approach, and with me, nothing. it is so not fair.

sorry about that.....i just want to be flamed.

sorry, i can't get over that word. flamed.

but i agree with the general concensus. and GintheTwilightswords i really dig your banner. the sketchiness of it really attracted me to it. the helter skelter of it, with it looking off centered and the torn edges bridges it together nicely. plus the phrase support MT artists, well it doesn't make me cry, but it would, it would. anyhow. keep it real real.

Signature

Yina

Yina

www.kisuki.net

Quote by shyxsakurathis is online stuff..not offline... if someone beats yu up online, dont go around pissing around offline... ^-^ things that happen online isnt really important, so don't put your whole soul into it! x3 focus on your offline life instead &lt;3
so next time someone is rude to yu online... don't look too into it... x3 just forget about it cuz what other ppl think about us online ... isnt as important as what other ppl think about us offline... o_o
i noe ppl who beat themselves up offline cuz of what someone said to them online... ^-^ so dont do that .. it's bad for the soul~

I totally agree.. enjoy your offline life! An online life doesn't really exist,, >_< and when you even don't know the person who flamed you.. then don't care about him.. cuz it's not important.. you don't have to attack back. >_<

Signature Image

DayBreak

DayBreak

The Prince Is Dead

People really needs to learn the truth up in here.
Thats why im going to bump the topic XP

Signature

Well. The fact is that most of the people won't read this. And the fact that more and more people will join adds another layer of unknowing people and spammers to the MT society. I'm sure within a week or so there will be 100+ new people spamming to get to lvl 10 to harvest those scans and stuff. It's a vicious cycle.

Btw, ppl in this thread that just say "they totally agree" and then nod their heads in agreement and then add some extra side comment that usually is false, really. This I consider a form of spam too. Or if the person just repeats the statement in different wording. That is spam, THE EVEN WORSE SPAM because people don't think they are spamming and then the thread basically shouts "I TOTALLY AGREE" ROFLMAOOMFGBBQ or some bs. It also appears in News threads like Sheqel's announcements. People are always like GOOD JOB and stuff. I don't see why he doesn't get pissed off at this (maybe he does) but I suggest that most News threads should be closed and only for viewing.

Well. That's my opinion but as I said myself I probably won't be heard by more than 90% of MT.

kiri-chan

kiri-chan

Casual Waller

It's the truth, but does it matter? Complaining won't get the job done, and I've read so many other threads just like this one. Ugh, I just don't know. This is just the way things are.

Ayu-sama

Ayu-sama

Angel of Destruction & Rebirth

I don't go online much but my man White-Zero told me the developments around here. And I read some interesting posts in his g-book. He said he also saw a few guys flamed him in the s-box and I have to say that he finds that was amusing to the point of laughing his ass out. This is what he have to say;

I love seeing those bitters threw their messages of hate at me without valid facts.

To you who thinks MT is life, let me say this; go out, and enjoy you other life outside. It's way more interesting than online life. I mean, who gives a damn about FAME? On the net?

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

wait. i'm going to spam now.

SPAM!

man that felt good.

Signature

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

Section A - no clue what this is
Section B - sorry to say this, but i do the 'nice wall, adds to faves!' sometimes :P i guess it's not very helpful ^_^' but if i made a wall, and somebody criticized it, i wouldn't have minded. but i guess not all people are like that. so, i agree that you shouldn't just go over the line.
Section C - top faves. i don't really care about the top fave thing, and i certainly don't go favouriting someone's wall just because he/she is my friend. that's really silly, in my opinion. i only fave walls that i like, end of story.

i guess that's all.

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

Quote by kiri-chanIt's the truth, but does it matter? Complaining won't get the job done, and I've read so many other threads just like this one. Ugh, I just don't know. This is just the way things are.

May be the way things are, but things need to change. This place use to a good way for me to come, relieve and enjoy myself....mmm not so much now. You are far more resricted in what you can do here than you were a yera ago, and some of the things that are restricted are just dumb. Not to mention what some of the people do on here to each other or to get themselves noticed, it's just sad. Like I mentioned before. if everyone wants thigsn to chaneg for the better, people here are going to have to take it upons themselves to do something about, especially if they know they have the capabilities and time to pull it off.

Quote by Ayu-samaI don't go online much but my man White-Zero told me the developments around here. And I read some interesting posts in his g-book. He said he also saw a few guys flamed him in the s-box and I have to say that he finds that was amusing to the point of laughing his ass out. This is what he have to say;
I love seeing those bitters threw their messages of hate at me without valid facts.
To you who thinks MT is life, let me say this; go out, and enjoy you other life outside. It's way more interesting than online life. I mean, who gives a damn about fame? On the net?

I think you are at fault from saying that about MT is not life and that some of the people who spend waaaay to much time here and get waaay too immersed in the site shoudl go and havea life otuside here. I agree with you...not fully though. Yeah, some idiots here take things waaay to far and would better spend their time harassing someone over something stupid or sya somehting behind there backs all over the site. Not called for, cannot always stop it, but you can try to tone it down and avoid conflict like Zero did. The other thing, yeah, it't good not too spend so much time online, especially if you're on of those people who likes spending 18hrs. on end playing MMO's until your lvl 40 Red Mage got that armor you wanted (not that know anything about that ^_^') . But, the net is agood way to have social interaction with othe rpeople, though if you don't have the proper tech equip to see them, it makes it kind ahard to see what they look like. Thye internet is a good escape from the world, but is should not be a replacement, but at the same time, I don't think it's a bad thing.

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

Section A/

Quote by shyxsakurathis is online stuff..not offline... if someone beats
yu up online, dont go around pissing around offline... ^-^ things that
happen online isnt really important, so don't put your whole soul into
it! x3 focus on your offline life instead &amp;lt;3
so next time someone is rude to yu online... don't look too into it...
x3 just forget about it cuz what other ppl think about us online ...
isnt as important as what other ppl think about us offline... o_o i noe
ppl who beat themselves up offline cuz of what someone said to them
online... ^-^ so dont do that .. it's bad for the soul~

yeah that seems true too, i'm not too sure about the Shoutbox part since i've never been in there personally, but i've heard things from other members

Section B/
from some of the walls that i have seen, there seem to be some rude people commenting on the wall and the critisizing seems to go a bit overboard
people getting pissed would seem stupid if the person commenting has the intention of trying to help the waller improve

Section C/
seems true too
sometimes i've seen some, not bad walls, but not the best kind, in the top favs
it probably go there becuse of the member's large FL or maybe a lot of people liked it
and the last part is true too, at least i think so...

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.