Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Windows file transfer help! - Minitokyo

Windows file transfer help!

page 1 of 1 7 total items

jtchen85

jtchen85

Moogle

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me out here :) I just have a question concerning the "Files and Settings Transfer Wizard" that is on Windows XP. If I use this option to carry over all of my old files to a new computer, will I still have to reinstall games and other software like Warcraft III, Photoshop 7, Windowblinds, etc. or will they already be on the new computer?

Signature

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Some of those programs require the system files that are stored in the system folder, and there's no guarantee that the system files will be transferred; in fact, it could cause instability. You will likely have to install the same programs on the new computer.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

KiraKira

Hitori...

Depends if you build the new computer or bought a company one. Company PCs sometimes have decent programs that you can use or just delete. The answer to your question is no, some copyright programs like that you can't just simply copy and paste those files. If you wanted to transfer other things like MP3 or pictures you can setup a home connection network between 2 computers and send files back and forth with no problem, you need a router to do so.

Chani

Dune Master

mostly you must reinstall all of your program.. for the reson SilentMasamune give you. I don't know the perfect system to transfer your system complete in an over computer. A ghost isn't a good idea, because the old computer is different than the new and a ghost take all of old driver..

.: JPOP FANS | French Tribu | Anime Paradise | MtnOOb club| Chaos Cross group|Doujinshi support club|English Club :.
Pour des conseils sur les regles generales, allez voir N00b Bible #1.
Pour des conseils sur le forum, allez voir N00b Bible #2.
Pour des conseils sur les groupes, allez voir N00b Bible #3.
[c] Aa-chan

Best thing is to re-install all your software... cause your hardware is different to the old PC which would mean, that you would have different drivers for the devices. Meaning that everything will change regarding your settings. The software will not function correctly if you copy/transfer the files to your new computer, so a fresh installation is the better option.

In order for you to use the file and transfer network, you need to have it
hook up to a network. Direct communication or through a routher or switch.
Programs cannot be transfer from one PC to another.

You need to reinstall all your games and programs that you have from the original CD
or the original .exe file, if you have download it from the internet.

Another method is to just take the old HD out set it as slave and
put it in you new pc.

Signature

jtchen85

jtchen85

Moogle

Ah ok, thanks for the replies everyone :)

Signature

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.