Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 how to make a small file - Minitokyo

how to make a small file

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Hello.
you know i wanted to ask your opinion about the matter. maybe you re more advanced than i am in this regard. The thing is that when i save a .jpg file in photoshop the file turns out to be HUGE, i opened it in windows paint and resaved it. it made the file like 10 times smaller. Is because i have the wrong photoshop or paintbrush is a very advanced program?

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

no. photoshop has the option of saving jpg in different quality. the higher the quality, the larger the file.

photoshop also has the option of "save for web," which will make the file much smaller.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Quote by EternalParadoxno. photoshop has the option of saving jpg in different quality. the higher the quality, the larger the file.
photoshop also has the option of "save for web," which will make the file much smaller.

so i see. thank you for the reply
still paintbtush doest change the quality at the first sight. so i consider it a feature

Sakura-K

Sakura-K

::+Wingless Heart+::

Yup. When you save a file jpg file in Photoshop, there will be a lil window in which will ask you about the quality, and 12 is the max. Anywayz, the lower you make the quality the smaller it will be.

i hope that sorta helps. And also, it is normally really big cuz you're editing your photos/images etc.

*nodz* ^.^ :D

Signature

it aldepends upon where your using this file for. IF it is say for your desktop image keep the quality at its max (12) if your wanting to reduce file size but keep enough quality to post up a wallpaper make the quality 8-10 if this is still too big experiment with the multiple ways you save it when clicking save for web. png reduces file size and also retains quaility. just experiment with the differnt qualities and file formats until you find a file size that suits your need.

Signature Image

miaowmiaowmiaow

miaowmiaowmiaow

In pursuit of a glorious dream.

In Adobe Photoshop:
Save in JPG. If the File has faded or blurred pictures initially, then you may save it with a lower quality. If it has clear pictures in it, then you may save it as lossless GIF. Detail is proportional with quality, which in turn is proportional with file size.

"Truth is relative"
A statement which is relatively true...

Bear in mind if you go very small the artifacts will begin to make your image look terrible. And remember to take into account what the image will be used for. When I'm browsing the net I like quick loading images, even if they don't look the greatest. But when I'm hunting for wallpapers or artworks I don't mind waiting a while for them to download because what I want is a high quality image.

I always work the dimension of my pictures on a simply way^^ Just opening Irfan view or some other programmes and there is always an option on which you can costomize your dimensions of the pictures you want! Simple but the qualitiy is bad when you minimize it to much!^^

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.