Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Make addback not profiteble anymore - Minitokyo

Make addback not profiteble anymore

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

This has been bothering me for so long now...
Some new members come here, find it hard to get points becouse of lack of art and what do they do, they begin adding random people to their friendlist leaving little or no messages.
All these people then massively add this person back what gives him in just a few days hunderts of people on their friendlist and a high level.

I feel ike this is some sort of spam or abuse...
what could easely be solved by cutting off the friendlistspoints,
or atleast some kind off cap on friends a day

Thoughts?

Signature
The Catgirl fan group ---Nya---- !!!:
KittyCats= for the neko lovers in MT

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

This is what we call "friends-whoring." lol Unfortunately, there are members who abuse this system. I think sheqel's trying to find a way to deal with this. It certainly is a very non-productive way and disregard the ultimate goal of the friends system.

I like the idea that adding friends do not give you levels. Though I didn't know that you gain levels by doing this in the first place.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

Friends-whoring ^_^ If I had only known this word I wouldn't have put such a long story in my report.

Hmm I think so.. I remember to have noticed it before..
can you get to level 10 with 76 posts and 100 favorites? I have 10 times that many posts and am at level 40, anyway it seemed like the only reason to do that..

Signature

Yeah, I've noticed it too. In my case, I always waited for someone to invite me to become their friends and this usually happens when I have taken time and effort to leave comment in their works.

i don't need Friends-whoring to raise my level. :)

AC2N

AC2N

Assez de haine...

Personnaly, I add in my FL only the persons who ask me or the person that i love their graphic style... It's a way to follow them and their evolution...
I'm agree with mughi, i don't need F-W to increase my level.
And you, darla, you're the first person with i talk when i discovered this site... you helped me. It was so nice of yours...
Thanx again.

Signature Image
I'm a proud moderator of .:| French Tribu |:.
French Tribu decides to make a calendar for 2006, you can find the official site of it -> HERE <- !!

KurriKlown

KurriKlown

-wants Mr. Tadakichi-

Oh, I didn't even know friends helped me improve my level. *doh* If I only had know that sooner ;) Well, I haven't been 'friend-whored' myself, probably because I don't submit or post much, but I do see a lot of favorite-whoring. People with no submissions, a few guesbook entries and several thousand favorites! I don't even dignify that with a 'thank you for the fav', even if it would help me 0.1% towards a higher level.
Let's see what sheqel thinks up.

Signature

Darla83

Darla83

BioRhythm ?

>.< I hadn't seen the announcement on the front page when I made this thread,
I finally scrolled down a little while ago
I didn't know favorite whoring happend that much It dind't seem to make a substantial differance, I only add the submissions I like the most but must admit I do that becouse of the anime character in it. I sure hope Sheqel comes up with a differend cap 2 to 4 favs a day seems more reasonable in my opinion.

Signature

KiYa

KiYa

Quotes for me

well, i only have like 13 people on my friends list, and i personly only add people because i message with them for a while and feel at lest aquanted with them instead of just randomly adding...i do see your point though...a suggestion i have would be like adding a mandatory step to adding a friend, such as friend relation description, there telling how the reationship with the friend started/or why there is a friendship already...well, that's my suggestion

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.