Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why do girls today dress the way they do? - Minitokyo

Why do girls today dress the way they do?

page 3 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 120 total items

Rhonda21

Rhonda21

Crazy Spunky Lover

yeah well in my school people usually hang with others that dress like them and pretty much act like them.
doesn't matter now. I have true friends now. well at least i hope so.

Yumii

Yumii

Fluffy Purple Ichigo

Quote by EsunaMeggyI'm a girl and i feel comfortable in a t-shirt and khakis. Though guys seem to like sluts even if they arent attractive.

I know what you mean,this guy in my class became a girl in another classes boyfriend.Even when we all warned him not to,because she was a slut who only used boys to go out on dates. ~_~

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

S7ATER

S7ATER

Inuyasha and Kagome

theres a million reasons for that depends on what there trying to accomplish. Either to get laid, be cute, impress there friends, impress a boy, job, to many others to mention.

Signature

trinigirl524

trinigirl524

WeST iNDee

Quote by Mizu-kun

Quote by Sanzosgirl19Hey I'm back and I just read everyones posts let me just say thanks for
posting.And now back to the subject.If you do dress bad and you do get
a guy then you no for a fact what they want. Do girls even realize
that?I also blame tv for some of this but you chose what you wear
blameing it on something else it's going to change what it is your
wearing it doesn't justify it either.I want to look good when I go out
but I don't want guys hiting on me left and right.I new a girl along
time ago who was the prime example of what I would and couldn't not
ever be She would talk about sex constently and go out and by all the
sluty name brand clothes she wanted to go out and pick up guys and even
start to sleep with them.And if your not like that to begin with when
your around someone who is you will end up picking up some of those
trates.She moved away and I lost contact with her after that because I
didn't want to start being like her I heard she ended up sleeping
around alot. And I also new a girl who was only 11 when I new her and
she was already dressing like that I just don't understand why you
would want a guy like that who only sees you for you ass and not you
realself.Am I going nuts?

Well, this generation is really ... stupid. I hope the next won't be worse. I know a lot people like that...and they are mostly rather immature.

good points most teens in my school are yes "sluts"
im 3 weeks into my school year and i already met people who have a kid. and they still behave the same way...
when people put themselves out there like that it causes those kinds of problems. i wouldnt want guys wanting me based on my looks and how revealing my clothes are. and i dont see why girls would want that kinda relationship at all.

Signature Image
:::COLORFULL WALLIES!:::Free--wallers:::
Currently Taking Music Code Requests
Feel free to PM or go to my page for more details

VKei

VKei

Yuki & Ai

Quote by trinigirl524hormones. simple as that, some girls dress like that to get guys, those
guys that like that go for the girl who dresses revealing. i think its
all for attention which can get some girls into trouble. but thats a
different topic.

Totally in agreement with trinigirl524, not always it is thus, but most of the times thus it happens ^_^'

Sanzosgirl19

Sanzosgirl19

KazukixJubei forever.

Ok you want to hear a sad story my best friend is kinda one of those girl were all talking about but she's not a slut I'v nonher since I was 6.But she's about 8 months older then me and well i hate to say it but all she cares about is the way she looks she many she doesn't care what people think but shes in denile if you ask me well any back to the story.She has the most preppy rude mean sluty friends I've ever seen.To of them in patuclar I hate for what they did to her one stole her boyfriend who she had been with for over a year and the other one stood her up 4 times in one day and were laughing at her for how cluess she was.I told her to drop friends like that there not friends there rude bitches who would betray there friend and chose guys over friends to.Why do girls have to be like that.I don't have hardly any friends and I don't have a boyfriend but I just can't and wont bring myself to act and dress that way.I don't understand how you can be hurt so many times and still be friends with those people just to be in the in crowd.How many times do you have to be hurt to relize that I really care for her but sometimes I want to just slap her in the face and tell how it really is.With friends like the ones she has no one would ever need foes.Is it just me or are girls these days just plane mean?

I just want every one to see what I wrote it's important to me.

Tsukiyo

Tsukiyo

The Moonlit Angel

I just dress what I call normally... Long sleeve shirt or sweater with jeans or the occasional kimono... I don't understand people who wear miniskirts and pieces of cloth they call shirts...... *sigh* I suppose they just dress the way they want for whatever reason...

I wouldn't worry about it though, if you don't want to dress like that then don't. Just dress the way that makes you feel comfortable. ^^

Rhonda21

Rhonda21

Crazy Spunky Lover

some of them are very mean and love to make fun of others. some think its cool and others are just plain rude. I used to have a friend just like yours. she turned into one of those slutty girls. we don't hang around each other anymore.

trinigirl524

trinigirl524

WeST iNDee

Quote by Sanzosgirl19Ok you want to hear a sad story my best friend is kinda one of those girl were all talking about but she's not a slut I'v nonher since I was 6.But she's about 8 months older then me and well i hate to say it but all she cares about is the way she looks she many she doesn't care what people think but shes in denile if you ask me well any back to the story.She has the most preppy rude mean sluty friends I've ever seen.To of them in patuclar I hate for what they did to her one stole her boyfriend who she had been with for over a year and the other one stood her up 4 times in one day and were laughing at her for how cluess she was.I told her to drop friends like that there not friends there rude bitches who would betray there friend and chose guys over friends to.Why do girls have to be like that.I don't have hardly any friends and I don't have a boyfriend but I just can't and wont bring myself to act and dress that way.I don't understand how you can be hurt so many times and still be friends with those people just to be in the in crowd.How many times do you have to be hurt to relize that I really care for her but sometimes I want to just slap her in the face and tell how it really is.With friends like the ones she has no one would ever need foes.Is it just me or are girls these days just plane mean?

thats peer pressure right there. thats the way middle school and high school just is. theres a lot of pressure on how you look, who you hang with, who you date, etc. its true that you do have to pick your friends right to get through that. its basically all about your "image" ~_~
we live in a sad society if you ask me.

Signature Image
:::COLORFULL WALLIES!:::Free--wallers:::
Currently Taking Music Code Requests
Feel free to PM or go to my page for more details

Sanzosgirl19

Sanzosgirl19

KazukixJubei forever.

it's sad.It really is.:(

Tsukiyo

Tsukiyo

The Moonlit Angel

Quote by trinigirl524

Quote by Sanzosgirl19Ok you want to hear a sad story my best friend is kinda one of those girl were all talking about but she's not a slut I'v nonher since I was 6.But she's about 8 months older then me and well i hate to say it but all she cares about is the way she looks she many she doesn't care what people think but shes in denile if you ask me well any back to the story.She has the most preppy rude mean sluty friends I've ever seen.To of them in patuclar I hate for what they did to her one stole her boyfriend who she had been with for over a year and the other one stood her up 4 times in one day and were laughing at her for how cluess she was.I told her to drop friends like that there not friends there rude bitches who would betray there friend and chose guys over friends to.Why do girls have to be like that.I don't have hardly any friends and I don't have a boyfriend but I just can't and wont bring myself to act and dress that way.I don't understand how you can be hurt so many times and still be friends with those people just to be in the in crowd.How many times do you have to be hurt to relize that I really care for her but sometimes I want to just slap her in the face and tell how it really is.With friends like the ones she has no one would ever need foes.Is it just me or are girls these days just plane mean?

thats peer pressure right there. thats the way middle school and high school just is. theres a lot of pressure on how you look, who you hang with, who you date, etc. its true that you do have to pick your friends right to get through that. its basically all about your "image" ~_~
we live in a sad society if you ask me.

Yeah, I can't help but agree... It'd be nice if those girls would just get a clue that looks don't matter, spirit does...

Rhonda21

Rhonda21

Crazy Spunky Lover

I totally agree with you trinigirl524.

BlkLotus

BlkLotus

bara tsukiyo

they are trying to be someone that they arent. or shouldnt be.

Sanzosgirl19

Sanzosgirl19

KazukixJubei forever.

I'm all upset now.Just thinking about the way girls are.It makes me sad

Mizu-kun

Emotionless Baka

Quote by trinigirl524thats peer pressure right there. thats the way middle school and high
school just is. theres a lot of pressure on how you look, who you hang with, who you date, etc. its true that you do have to pick your friends right to get through that. its basically all about your "image" ~_~ we live in a sad society if you ask me.

I never liked people who care that much about their image. Being an individual is far more impressive and special.
To quote myself: "If shallow people are the norm, I'm glad to be an outsider".

EDIT: Actually the quote is "If people like you (shallow people in this case) are the norm, I'm glad to be an outsider."

Sanzosgirl19

Sanzosgirl19

KazukixJubei forever.

To quote myself: "If shallow people are the norm, I'm glad to be an outsider".

I like that.

Another used to be friend of mine was the same way as mu best friend.She was only 11 and she was already wearing sluty clothes.I'm crying now.Sorry if me saying that makes you incomfrotable but I'm crying because I get made fun of because of this and seeing my friend suffer so blindly like that breaks my hear why wont she listen to me.When I see anyone I love in pain it hurts me more then any wound ever could.

Mizuna

Mizuna

Lazy

Interesting topic. Sure shows you exactly what type of generation we live in. Physical beauty rules over one's ability to see past that into a person's heart/personality. If you watch enough TV and listen to what the Media has to say, you'll find 90% of it has to do with image. People are brainwashed on the subconscious level to want to look like the next model on TV or the cover of some glamorous magazine.

My high school days are long gone, i'm old and gray now. I head out to pool halls and still see the same crap happening all around me. As Mizu-kun has said in another thread, observing others is interesting. I do find myself watching how things unfold before me eyes. A 'slutty' dressed girl walks into the pool hall, and heads turn and stay glued. A decent looking girl walks in, gets a few glances and then is ignored.

Its just really pathetic how much priority is placed on a person's image. It dosen't surprise me one bit though, since "love at first sight" exists. In some cases, that would work out since the person may be the hottest thing on earth, and actually have a sweet personality but those cases are rare. To get to know someone takes time, which apparently in this world and this present time is something that people don't really take the time to do since the pace of everything around you flies by.

I've asked a couple friend's this question, and have gotten more stupid answers then decent ones. On a scale of 100, what ratio would you choose 'physical beauty/personality'. I've heard everything from 100/0 to...at best 40/60.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..."

"One of life's greatest gifts, the gift of making a mistake."

himeno22

himeno22

xXsend me an angelXx

Quote by EsunaMeggyI'm a girl and i feel comfortable in a t-shirt and khakis. Though guys seem to like sluts even if they arent attractive.

i totally agree and feel teh same way, those girls can...whatever but i dont really care XD

Do you believe in heaven above?
Do you believe in love?

most people care about the opposite sex's appearance, girls dress up, having make up and wearing short skirts not only attractive to guys but also build up their own confidence. I don’t really mind whether or not girls wear make up or not, but at least look feminine. Hope that helps

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

television and movies really influences people's dress

Signature
	Imagehttp://chatairsoft.com/images/zoom/TIYCVS/MP5Jsig.jpg[/sigimg]

I do not like makeup, well maybe a bit, but when there is a lot, it just makes them look strange. I do not like how many girls dress now days. I just like when they dress normal, and don't go trying to be so ... dunno what to use

Sanzosgirl19

Sanzosgirl19

KazukixJubei forever.

Very nice Mizuna I can see you really no what your talking about.The way girls dress today is disgusting I would rather be unpopular and wear what I want then to be popular and wear sluty clothes.But today that's what most guys want to see I'm not saying all so put down your guns I'm saying most.Tv doesn't help either but like I said before you can't blame it all on that.

You have the power to go above what everyone else does.Skew what everyone else thinks.I'll be back in a little while going to take bath.Thank for the posts keep um comin.

Quote by Sanzosgirl19Very nice Mizuna I can see you really no what your talking about.The
way girls dress today is disgusting I would rather be unpopular and
wear what I want then to be popular and wear sluty clothes.But today
that's what most guys want to see I'm not saying all so put down your
guns I'm saying most.Tv doesn't help either but like I said before you
can't blame it all on that.
You have the power to go above what everyone else does.Skew what
everyone else thinks.I'll be back in a little while going to take
bath.Thank for the posts keep um comin.

Of course you have the power.. but do you think humans are rational?? Do you think we're built to work like robots? Everybody knows sex sells whether you like it or not. And of course any decent person would say it's a bad thing.. but what would you rather do as a business person. You would sell something that works....

And yes, if everybody does think before they act.. and understand before they hurt, that would be a utopia.... fantasy as some have put it here.

i understand all your point of views but there doesn't seem to be an easy way out of this hole.. I personally think people just don't care and go with the flow.

Because they are a skanky hoes. That's why it's time for you to get a new boyfriend.

page 3 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 120 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.