Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why do girls today dress the way they do? - Minitokyo

Why do girls today dress the way they do?

page 4 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 120 total items

Sanzosgirl19

Sanzosgirl19

KazukixJubei forever.

Lol yes I can see that there is no way out of this hole.Girls will continue to be jerks they will continue you to dress like sluts and they will continue to think it's cool to get a boyfriend by those standers.But I will dare to challange those standers by not dressing that way.And maby I wont be popular and maby I wont get a boyfriend but it least I no I'm liveing by my own standards.That's what I want to say in this thread.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Quote by Sanzosgirl19Lol yes I can see that there is no way out of this hole.Girls will
continue to be jerks they will continue you to dress like sluts and
they will continue to think it's cool to get a boyfriend by those
standers.But I will dare to challange those standers by not dressing
that way.And maby I wont be popular and maby I wont get a boyfriend but
it least I no I'm liveing by my own standards.That's what I want to say
in this thread.

hmm.. on the contrary.. u'd probably get a good boyfriend :)

CowboyBebopFreak

Tormented Past

Because this world is so centered 'round sex appeal *sighs*
Maybe girls today think they can only get a boyfriend by dressin' that way. XP
The world slanders those who aren't with this long runnin' fad.. well not fad uhh style.
Napoleon Dynamite made fun of pple who are what's the word I'm lookin' for? ^_^'
The bottom line is in my opinion is girls who tend to dress with more cleavage (sp?) showin' seem to end up with a guy usually the type of guy considered a "bad boy" sometimes.
I don't like girls demeanin' themselves in public/school, movies, etc. Gah.. ><
It just seems so wrong, it should be for uhh I dunno exactly. X.X
Society as a whole should be more concerned with personality than looks/sex appeal. ;)
Sex sells as commercials bombard us with women clad in skimpy outfits for product.
Too bad this what our world has come down to..
Well, most of our society.

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

they want to attract other people's attention, i guess. i don't dress like that (not the girly-girly type -_-), i think it's stupid. i don't do skirts nor makeup.

thedarkness

why do my life turn out like thi

actually i 'm a guy and i don't say i don't like girl wear stuff like that. but all girls want to show up and want some hot guy to check them out so they just wears it.
but i really think that girls should wears something nice like dress, jeans and something that look goods on them.

I'll admit I'll wear tight pants

and skirts to my knees cause my thighs arent all that fit

to build my self esteem

but not in a slutty way

if I feel I look good in it and still be a classy I'll wear it

probably doesnt make sense but thats jus how I feel

Signature Image

heavenchild

Digital Angel

Quote by burnoutcuz they are attention whores.

i dont believe they are attention whores on how they dress
some of them dress because they are comfortable wearing it
and some dress because they want to be expressive in some ways

wants attention. XD

thats the way for girls alright. lol some times i wear short skirts and such.

just not the makeup part. lol still 12 u know.

Signature
oh yah?
can u say, GS/GSD fan crazy? yes u can. =]

Sanzosgirl19

Sanzosgirl19

KazukixJubei forever.

Lol.Girls these days are so attention starved that they feel that they need to wear those things it's a sad fate that girls thinks that's ok.I had no idea this would be such a big topic I'm glad tho.Thanks for all the posts I'm getting tired so I'm going to bed I'll be on tommorow to see if there are any more posts I would love to hear what you think on this subject.So post and good night.(*^_^*)

They just want attention from guys

Quote by SuPerNoViLike already said, generally women are whores.
They want to go out to the clubs, pull a guy, have sex with him and then tell him to bugger off in the morning.

I wish I had known some of these girls when I was available to take advantage of it.

Most of the girls wearing skimpy clothes are either looking for attention or caving in under peer pressure. If you don't need that attention, then good for you. However if you do, it is easier to sell something, if you advertise it. Do whatever you are comfortable with. When we become adults, it is amazing how things tend to reverse or even out at least.

Most girls dress that way to look "sexy" even though sometimes they just look slutty, but you don't have to dress like other people, just be yourself because if it makes you happy, who cares what other people think.

*?~}-^'!:°?_|"

yea i understand what u mean. well first of all i don't know how they could be comfortable wearing short skirts. I'm a girl and i don't fell comfortable wearing them. i see guys as friends and not jerks who go looking for whores and all that crap. i guess guys like seeing girls who wear reaviling clothes and the girls like the attention from the guys so they feel good and they gain their self-asteem from that. it also makes them feel loved. i think it's a wrong way to be and feel. just be ur self. i also think the media has alot of things to do with this.i got alot of guy friends that care about how they look to get attention from us. it's like a game? lol well I'm not like that. i wear whatever is comfortable to me (like something that's not way reaviling and does not makes ppls feel disturbed)

dunno

dunno

Guardian of the Erratic Portal

Maybe it's only a matter of style! Everybody wear the same cause the trend is the same, and the things sold by shop are on the same style. I think sometimes girls wear like that cause them like it, and other people around like it too. Here we are confusing dressing style with attitude towards guys. I mean, a girl can dress how many short skirts she want to, but the real difference between her and a slut is the behavior. And regarding everything that's not the body: character, soul etc remember that no real serious guy can put up with a stupid-but-good-looking girl for long time. Despite this, it's natural tendency of man as human being to be attracted by female body, so it seems normal to me that a woman try to enhance what she have to attract a man. This behavior is instinctive, it had always been that way and always will be..
This is my opinion as Italian, maybe the rest of the world rules different: we have plenty of stylist, a lot of money given to fashion so maybe i'm more accustomed to this way of living.

Mizu-kun

Emotionless Baka

Again I'll try to put myself into the shoes of a girl:
If I was a "hot" girl, I wouldn't like to wear tight or revealing clothes. Never. Especially no skirts. I don't like them. If I was a girl, I would never wear skirts. Skirts are among the most unprofitable clothes mankind invented.
So my conclusion is: I don't understand girls at all.

Mizuna

Mizuna

Lazy

Quote by Mizu-kunAgain I'll try to put myself into the shoes of a girl:
If I was a "hot" girl, I wouldn't like to wear tight or revealing
clothes. Never. Especially no skirts. I don't like them. If I was a
girl, I would never wear skirts. Skirts are among the most unprofitable
clothes mankind invented. So my conclusion is: I don't understand girls
at all.

Observation and analysis didn't work for you?

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..."

"One of life's greatest gifts, the gift of making a mistake."

Guys generally gets turn on by what they see, and girls now this.

Athlon 64 FX 60 OC 3.3Ghz , NVIDIA XFX GeForce 7900 GTX XXX Edition 750/1900, 4 Gig Ram, 400 Seagate Hard Drive, Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro, 32 inch Sony LCD

Mizu-kun

Emotionless Baka

Quote by MizunaObservation and analysis didn't work for you?

I don't have enough girls around me to observate and analyze....
Furthermore it is difficult to analyze someone who thinks completely different than you. That starts with the fact that I don't understand why women "like" men. Probably because I'm not female.

Mizuna

Mizuna

Lazy

Quote by MaKenShiiGuys generally gets turn on by what they see, and girls now this.

Hopefully your not including 100% of the male population into that. Aside from that, there is no denying whether male or female that visual representation is a powerful tool that results in whether one gets "turned on" or not.

Quote by Mizu-kun

Quote by MizunaObservation and analysis didn't work for you?

I don't have enough girls around me to observate and analyze....
Furthermore it is difficult to analyze someone who thinks completely
different than you. That starts with the fact that I don't understand
why women "like" men. Probably because I'm not female.

Not enough of the female population around hm. I won't even begin to try and guess where your coming from.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..."

"One of life's greatest gifts, the gift of making a mistake."

Shoku

Shoku

Looking for past friends

Quote by Sanzosgirl19I want to no why girls feel they need to dress so bad and what I mean by that is.To much makeup short skirts short tops.What is up with that.I get made fun of all the time because I don't dress like that and I also don't have a boyfriend I wonder if thats why to.I no the peer pressure and the sluts like Paris Hilton on tv but why is it really.To get boyfriends?Low selfesteem?Tell me what you think.Because I really want to no I will read each and every post.Thank you.

They dress like that:
1) attract people's attention
2) possibilities of getting a boyfriend
3) being popular
4) catch up with nowadays fashion
5) is a follower who like to follow what the big crowd does
6) could be really hapless people who tries very hard to get attention
7) dress to be like "I am cool, you look like crap dressed in those"
8) Other reasons (can't think at the moment)

I personally like a girl who doesn't try to dress like that just to be popular, to impress people, or to follow on with nowadays styles and fashion.

I like a girl who puts forth the REAL her instead of a false facade like when covering ugliness with makeup, cosmetics, and other things.

I know that I am going off topic and I know I have more to say to this (but can't think of any now); I am just posting my opinion and thoughts.

:) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :)

to attract or just coz of fashion :)

Sanzosgirl19

Sanzosgirl19

KazukixJubei forever.

Hello all!! I'm back I was really tired.Lol. Does being popular in todays socity really that important?I hate to think that thats all girls think about.

Mizu-kun

Emotionless Baka

Not only girls think that being popular is important. There are some girls (sadly very many) and some guys who think like that.
I think that the stronger your personality is, the less important popularity is to you.

Sanzosgirl19

Sanzosgirl19

KazukixJubei forever.

Yeah but most girls I've come across are low selfesteem vain and just plain mean at times not to mention boyfriend steeling.Like what happend to my friend.And girls can be prone to really random acts of crulity like when a guy they like likes someone else.

page 4 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 120 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.