Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why do girls today dress the way they do? - Minitokyo

Why do girls today dress the way they do?

page 5 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 120 total items

trinigirl524

trinigirl524

WeST iNDee

Quote by Sanzosgirl19Hello all!! I'm back I was really tired.Lol. Does being popular in todays socity really that important?I hate to think that thats all girls think about.

yeah popularity is important to people to.
my friend and i were talking the other morning at our bus stop. theres this kid who hangs out with us who falls under the category of [not to be rude, but i cant really explain him another way] "geeky" i guess. and she was saying how, "oh i dont want to be seen hanging out with him, i feel bad about that but if i want to become popular i cant be seen with him." and i was just shocked i didnt know what to say to that. so i just laughed it off.

Quote by Sanzosgirl19Yeah but most girls I've come across are low selfesteem vain and just plain mean at times not to mention boyfriend steeling.Like what happend to my friend.And girls can be prone to really random acts of crulity like when a guy they like likes someone else.

yeah i've noticed that. most of the girls at my school who dress 'sexy' tend to have the rudest personailties, or are conceided. and since they dress they way they do. they believe they can get any guy they want.

Signature Image
:::COLORFULL WALLIES!:::Free--wallers:::
Currently Taking Music Code Requests
Feel free to PM or go to my page for more details

Sanzosgirl19

Sanzosgirl19

KazukixJubei forever.

Oh that's mean what your friend said.You see thats what I'm talking about what in tthe blue hell is up with girls these days.I just want to slap them one time just give me one second with them I would... sorry I got carried away.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Mizu-kun

Emotionless Baka

Quote by Sanzosgirl19Oh that's mean what your friend said.You see thats what I'm talking
about what in tthe blue hell is up with girls these days.I just want to
slap them one time just give me one second with them I would... sorry I
got carried away.

You don't need to be angry at them. They screw up their lives, not yours.

Quote by trinigirl524"oh i dont want to be seen hanging out with
him, i feel bad about that but if i want to become popular i cant be
seen with him."

Wow, what a nice friend you have. You better watch out that you are not the next one, she doesn't want to be seen with.

PS: Sanzosgirl19, I edited the guestbook entry...

Sanzosgirl19

Sanzosgirl19

KazukixJubei forever.

Yeah but still it's rude to think that about anyone people do that to me all the time and I can't sand to see it done to someone else. I just want to........Ok I need to try and calm down lol I'm going to get something to eat be back in a little while.(*^_^*)

TheFlea

TheFlea

Theres too many of them!

Ok I'm not reading all of these posts, but they just want people to notice them. When I see them I think they are just looking for a piece. I try to stay away from people like this, because they just annoy me. o_0

Why save the world when you can have just as much fun destroying it?

cuz they are a bitches XD
i dont have bf yet but i have never dressed like that ;)

Signature Image

Sanzosgirl19

Sanzosgirl19

KazukixJubei forever.

Yes Girls today are mean and very sinacal sometimes To be trueful I don't have but 3 friends because of the way girls act.And it's because I don't dress like that.

Most of my male friends tend to go for down to earth girls, who aren't that concerned about their looks. There's a balance though, because they like a girl who takes pride in her appearance, but isn't infatuated with it.

Ryoki-san

Ryoki-san

multum in parvo-ore no ichiru

Quote by EsunaMeggyI'm a girl and i feel comfortable in a t-shirt and khakis. Though guys seem to like sluts even if they arent attractive.

same i walk around in jeans . they only like them because they usually look and act easy
some don't even have self respect and even less for anyone else they think their gettin the better
end of the deal but sadly they're mistaken and when they finally relise that it's usually too late

Signature
dont cut off your own arm just to spite me
sig frm saku

Mizu-kun

Emotionless Baka

Dressing like that to attract others is really superficial. ~_~
It's really sad that people think that this is necessary. Low self-esteem seems to be a big problem nowadays.
I have to say that (for example) a large t-shirt and baggy pants are more appealing to me than a tight top and a short skirt. Have I already said that skirts are the most unprofitable clothes mankind inventend?

Sanzosgirl19

Sanzosgirl19

KazukixJubei forever.

Yes and I agree. but thats surpriseing coming from a guy.

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

*giggles* not all girls dress like that. I don't have any short skirts in my closet and no short tops either. I love breeches so I have lots of them. And all my life I've never been to any dancing club, just hang out with friend in restaurants for chatting and eating or going for coffee....just like that. My friends love me and I love them, and just so you know, my friends are very stylish but they dress nicely, no short skirts or short tops ever >.<

Quote by SuPerNoVi....Dont feel you have to change who you are Sanzosgirl19. Women are bitchs, dont join them ^_^

I think it would be nice if you write that SOME women....because not every woman is like that.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

Sanzosgirl19

Sanzosgirl19

KazukixJubei forever.

Lol yeah I guess your right.

choppar

choppar

Tenchou of Urahara Shop

Unfortunately today's culture seems to be more and more encouraging young women to dress (imho of course) inappropriately. Kids just seem to be growing up much too quickly these days (I'm hardly an adult myself, yet when I see young ladies out and about I feel middle-aged in my bewilderment at what is being worn by some of them.)

But then I look at the TV (I don't watch it really, unless round a friends I guess) and so many programs (esp. music videos or so I've noticed) have women in short skirts etc that seem to encourage this fashion. As music is such a massive part of today's culture I can't help but feel it affects things to a degree.

But that is just an example.. I could moan forever about the state of the upcoming generations, I guess the only redeeming feature will be that one day we'll be their bosses! :D :D

And you are right Barbara, some women do choose to dress in a stylish and much more beautiful and attractive fashion, but I fear they are being far outnumbered by the young that seem to enjoy showing off ridiculous amounts of their bodies.

/rant :D

Shadu

Shadu

Lost Myself

As a girl about to go into college things are hopefully going to get better with the way people dress and how they are percieved because of it. Like some of the girls who posted, I dress casually. Of course it's human nature to be attracted to the beauty of the outside, but of course it's the personality that counts. Unfotunately, I think that to get that man to take even a look at you, most girls feel that they must flash their body like candy.

I mean, seriously, how many guys are going to look at a girl who's dressed down in a t-shirt and some jeans in a quick pass in the mall? Same for girls sometimes (not in short shirts and skirts of course ^_^). In the end, girls dress to attract guys. Unfortunately, some of them seem to have low self-esteem and believe that the only way to attract men is through looks, not their personality. It's sad, but I think that most boys and girls alike will have to grow up first to realize this. Hopefully in college, this will already be true. ^_^

You need only believe. . .

Sanzosgirl19

Sanzosgirl19

KazukixJubei forever.

Well in collage I bet girls are alot more Mature.

endsoftheworld99

endsoftheworld99

Free and Unfettered

Its a good question, im a guy so i can't really awnser, but i might think that it would have somthing to do with being the now 'in fashion' which has been brought on by BIG name people and such, and some girls might think it attracts attention from guys, its true it does, but not always in a goodway. I kno lots of guys, including me, who have seen girls dressed, well pretty much they're not dressed, haha, but we see them and think to ourselves, 'wow she's low', and stuff along that line. But as for me, and probably a lot of guys out there, i could really care less about what a girl wears, as long as they have a great personality and are fun to be with i like them, i don't like them for what they where at all.

Signature Image

~ I am free, unfettered, and without a care in this world which revolves around love, beauty, freedom and life ~

rained-asian

rained-asian

I'll show you some real tennis.

i think it's degrading, how soo many women dress liek that, so a lot of guys think, 'hey they all dress like that.' when in fact many of us, including me don't. the less they were the easier it is to get in bed with them.
i think it's like a competition...women just keep wearing slutter things just to prove how far they would go.

"Shut up!! How to hit it...well, when the ball comes up just go 'GUAAHH!' *does snake shot form* and hit it."-Kaidoh
"How is he spossed to know to hit it like that?"-Takeshi
"Well then, why don't you try explaining how to hit the 'Dunk Smash?'"-Kaidoh
"Well, when the ball is lobbed in the air you just go 'GATSUN!' and..." *pretends to do dunk smash*-Takashi, Prince of Tennis, volume 9.

DariusJ

DariusJ

Anime&Manga

It a mistery for me :D :D :D

Signature
this is the best stuf i like its manga and anime what can be betters

Proud member of :
[Matchmaking-At-Minitokyo][do-it-yourself-artists][Cupid-Island][Ecchi-Club][AllAnime][Make-A-Friend]

Naquira

always look cute and cuddly

arhg, I hate those sluts - everywhere I look I see them, mini skirt, high heels and a top that barely covers something :| I think it's sad to see that, to think that they can't get dates and friend with using her mind but just being a bitch. Making fun of others is for them to show how 'powerful' they are. But the people they make fun of are sadly enough always the type of people that aren't happy with them selves and are afraid to put themselves out there.

i, however, do not hang out with them. One of my friends turned into a slut suddenly, because she had one of those drug-smoking-gang- bikerboy kind of boyfriend. Guys can have a great influence to the way girls dress too, and not to forget what we see on tv and magazines - but I'll always wear what I feel comfotable in, and not too revealing, let the guys using their fantasy for a change :P

Signature

the less dressed they are, the more we think about sex, and since thats pretty much the nature of us guys, wanting sex and all, its easier to get a boyfriend. plus, why not show off their nice bodies? i know if i was a hott girl, i would too, esp. considering that everyone is doing it.. unless u find a way to prevent everyone else from dressing "slutty" u cant go around wearing sweatshirts and boyshorts.

eeeeh...the damn media is making us feel like we need makeup, barely wear any clothing, and be skinny sticks.
i'm not that popular either, but i don't really care. i have great friends and a simple life ^^
don't worry Sanzosgirl19, you'll find the right guy, and he'll love you for who you are, your personality, not for what you wear.

Emeralis

Emeralis

Self proclaimed Sugar Monster

People are very vain these days, they don't notice the good person inside. I don't dress slutty, I have my own style. :) I always make sure no one else is wearing what I'm wearing e.g. My beautiful long red coat, I love that. :D

Signature

they dress like that because of the media... but sometimes you find girls who dress differntly and that sexy since they have their own style.

AVi: Made By "shiori-chan16"
Signature

page 5 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 120 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.