Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Google Talk released! - Minitokyo

Google Talk released!

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Skillzpay

Skillzpay

Graduated Magna Cum Laude!

Google just released their own instant messenger service, Google Talk, which is currently in its beta stage.

You can download it and find out more here:
http://www.google.com/talk/

And just in case you need someone to try it out with, you can add me: skillzpay@gmail.com

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

Um wow!

Looks like a cheap version of Skype or something.

Mizu-kun

Emotionless Baka

I smell megalomania...

XD ^.^ *downloads it* mine is crimsonjade01 XD

Now all we need is Google OS :)

Proud member of [ElfenLeid Junkies] and [ForceFirefox]

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

I think I'll stick with yahoo messenger. Never really liked google anyway

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

Googles a bit late on the scene so I don't think it will fare as well as MSN, ICQ, AIM, or YIM.

PS. Nice avatar Skillzpay

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

no way!!
you got to be kidding me, niceeeeeee!!

Signature Image

Skillzpay

Skillzpay

Graduated Magna Cum Laude!

Quote by ZelathLooks like a cheap version of Skype or something.

Yeah I believe it's based off of Skype or something along those lines cause I read an article on Google Talk about what the plans are for the application.

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

It's for those who used g-mail, yes?

Mine is white.shadow.zero@gmail.com

Mizuna

Mizuna

Lazy

As if there isn't enough bad messaging programs out there...out comes another one to join the rat race.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..."

"One of life's greatest gifts, the gift of making a mistake."

Quote by MizunaAs if there isn't enough bad messaging programs out there...out comes another one to join the rat race.

Never compare Google with those other low-life instant messengers (besides the Jabber, Skype, YIM, and ones not made by Microsoft, or owned by AOL)...

GOD DAMN YOU SKILLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!............u posted before me :( *cries*

anyway, if anyone needs a gmail invitation let me know, coz i got something around 50 of them lol :D

Signature

MystralBlade

MystralBlade

[MystralBlade]

used msn,ym haven't tried AIM though willing to give this one a try. Laterz~

[Keep it Cool Keep it Real with "Jenny's Music"]
~Respect is Earned Not Readily Given~

Zero-Ultimate

Zero-Ultimate

Strike Freedom

/care i'm still going to use msn messenger

Sit upon the frozen heavens
DAI GUREN HYOURINMARU
Signature Image

i actually like the interface....its nice and clean, also simple.......they might just pull it off :)

Signature

Quote by Cldmanii actually like the interface....its nice and clean, also simple.......they might just pull it off :)

Pull what off exactly?

Try typing _Maha_ or *Maha* or even *_Maha_* into Google Talk. ^^

xshintax

Gif files are Compu$erve

I use this program alot. I already have 20 friends on Gtalk. Contact me at ronin.shinta@gmail.com

Wtf is your problem?!?

Why the f*** do I need to use proprietary filetypes in my signature and avatar? Stupid Minitokyo... STUPID COMPU$ERVE! Use png instead.

ashura001

Keitaro Clone

I've hot it running right now. It's pretty nice, considering how early it is, and it docks with the google desktop 2.0! Supposedly Google is trying to get MSN, Yahoo!, and AOL to let them connect to their sevices too. I hope they can do it. Sure, there's been programs like Gaim and Trillian out for years, but I like the idea of just logging in with my GMail address and being presented with all of my buddy lists, as opposed to having to input several different usernames and passwords.

dragonknight1@gmail.com

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

hey guess what everyone?,
GOOGLE TALK IS actually JABBER!
(excuse the caps, wanted to get attention :-)

Yep, its that same protocol we've been using for a very long time now.

Now, its great that Google want to make new competition for the other IM protocols, but I'm really pissed off about two things:
* Google make little attempt to show most end-users that what they are using is just Jabber with a custom voice chat protocol, and Jabber has actually been around for many years.
* As soon as "Google" is labeled onto something, immeditally the average Windows user give it more of a tought than your average alternative software.

Quote by overkill1024Now all we need is Google OS :)

If that happens, I reckon it'll be a GNU/Linux distrobuton. Everyone will go on about how cool it is, and how they'll try it straight away; but most of that software in the distro will have actually been around for a long time without the Google label.

Not that I dont think Google isnt a great company, and I really like seeing they are using a great existing standard instead of inventing their own half-assed protocol, but I just want to see them show more appriecation of the software that has helped them get where they are today to end-users.

Luckster

Luckster

d u a l i t y

I just started using Google Talk, so far I like it a lot more than MSN, personally. It's a lot simpler and a lot less damn ADs. :D

Signature

endsoftheworld99

endsoftheworld99

Free and Unfettered

Hah, well whadaya kno, google really is taking over the world! haha

Signature Image

~ I am free, unfettered, and without a care in this world which revolves around love, beauty, freedom and life ~

I want it but it doesn't work on Mac. :(

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.