Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ichigo 100% reflection, what we walk away with - Minitokyo

Ichigo 100% reflection, what we walk away with

Tagged under Ichigo 100 Percent

page 1 of 1 20 total items

I want to reflect with others about our experience with the Ichigo100% manga and what we have learned from it. What are we walking away with in our minds and hearts as we finish it?

I have translated Ichigo 100% with other individuals to the end of the manga (at anime-source) and throughout the course was moved to tears many times as i translated. What i came away with...

I'm not going to spoil anything though*

I'm personally somewhat glad it's over, this manga somehow exacted a hefty psycological toll on my health. but i'm going to put what I think of it down now:

it's sad for ALL the girls on some level:

kozue.....nishino....toujo.....satsuki.....

whoever manaka chooses....gets immense joy.....and everyone else....will cry*

but everyone is still chasing their dream... will the person who gets to be with manaka have to give up her dream?

Toujo came first, it's true. She had the longest history with manaka...but does that justify her to be with him? She's always by his side, deciding to put his dream of making films before her personal dream of being a novelist by going to the same HS, college... he was the source of inspiration for her creativity in literature. She's certainly willing to put alot in for Manaka...

Nishino has as much of an intensity in passion to Manaka as Satsuki and Toujo.... but she is still balanced and independent to the point of putting Manaka down to chase her dream. She also knows how to display her affection, times her moves, does offense and defense, and expresses best. Out of all the girls, it was Nishino who really got to Manaka most with her signals throughout the manga. That's why.....

Satsuki I feel really sorry for. She really made the effort for Manaka and more willing then Toujo to put her future for Manaka. She was thinking of him and nothing else, not even her own career... and yet Manaka rejects her because of the others (first come first serve mentality crap). It's really sad. Simply put, Manaka doesn't deserve the level of output Satsuki is giving.

Manaka is the first guy in Kozue's life. Kozue really values him... Manaka was the first to break her shyness to guys. Because of that he holds a special place in her mind and heart...

I know ppl take sides as to which girl really suits him and all..I myself liked Toujo at first because I happen to know the whole story, from the beginning. But to all the girls and their viewpoint, they all equally deserve what they want. Manaka is the average nice guy who typically finishes last. And the girls see that in him, enough to wait for him. And this story plays out what happens when u mix these types of ppl. A girl may win in the end. maybe no one wins. But one thing is for sure, the outcome won't be happy for everyone...

But this manga really teaches a hard lesson for all the guys who believe in being nice, in being the nice guy. Do you think that you can sail through life with no regrets because you never did anything regrettable??? Do you think you can justify everything you did by being nice, even if the end result is disastrous? You can't be nice to everyone at the same time!!! You have to see it from the girl's perspective. You are holding up Their time and Their energy. The hurt you give them in the end is 10 times greater if u just straight up told her sorry but no.

And don't you think what you want counts too? It's your life, and it's your story too. Manaka didn't notice this.

Imagine if a girl played with you like that, and 5 years pass. and she ends up hooking up with another guy TWICE while you kept yourself single...how betrayed will you feel?? Being mean sometimes is necessary. How you execute it though, you have control over. If you appreaciate the manga, learn from it and don't do what manaka did. I'm sure some form of this story has played out in reality many times before, but it doesn't have to happen to you... after all... It's YOUR life and YOUR story. It should go the way you want it...

That's what I want to say, in a closing of one of the best mangas ever written. i'm really sorry for the long post. flame me if u wish...

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

ahhh..it's finished o___o??? I'm still reading it =o= volume 16....waiiii I shall read your post!! after I finish the chapters at anime-source =__= but it looks like there are spoilers here x_X

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

on manaka point of view...satsuki is nothing than a best friend. about nishino, i still cant understnad what he like about her...she just make manaka life difficult...and finally toujo...since from beginnning of the story, i already presume and manaka will definitely go with toujo. Kozue found a new replacement, so, i dont erally think its a problem there...her affection on manaka is just a misunderstoond (still green)... anyway, manaka sux...i shall kill him and rob all da girl

Quote of the day: Life isn't fair.. so why should a game be?

i love this series.....but i tho the ending was a bit rushed.

I agree with eman27...the ending was a bit rushed.....and I got really mad at it......becuase I agree Aya should have gotten Manaka.....and also I believe pudgypaw you have a good point about being a nice guy...or gal...

haha yehh i was pretty disappointed wid this ending, but i mean, all the girls were like uber cute, i would proabbly have a hard time in choosing just one of them.... lol but personally i think tojou would suit me better xD personality wise hahaha, but yeh i felt pretty sad in the end, it wasn't the kinda ending i expected, lol wanted to end on a happier note, but hell, it was good anyway lol, but i reckon I's which is very similar was much better tho

polarie

polarie

..my heart is crying out loud...

i'm not so sure about the ending. and i've only watched the anime. so i have no idea who is kozue.

i agree that since toujou is really the first girl that manaka fell in love with, he should choose her. yet, i think every girl has their own way of expressing their love.

toujou is the one who's silently supporting manaka.

nishino is the one who's there showering her love, not be shy about it, yet has her own life and personality. personally i really admire her ability at that.

satsuki is the one girl that had thrown in her everything for manaka. i mean really mean everything. my heart goes out to all the girls.

and i hate manaka for being so indecisive. i think he should just choose from his heart and not worry about whom he met first or last. ultimately he should know best who he likes and not just dwadle and wait and let the girls fight it out among themselves and wait for the winner to emerge.

i know coz if i'm one of the girls i'll feel so sad. that even though i've put in so much effort, be it in my own way, he still cant make up his mind!

i think the longer he drags his decision the more hurt he's gonna cause. and i also agree that he can't always be the mr nice guy. it's just a very selfish act. that he wants to be like by all and because of that, he's gonna hurt almost everyone except for the one that he chose.

i really feel sad for the girls.

Signature

proud member of Nippon-Foods | JapaneseLover | Chibi-Fest

Eventhough the ending was a bit rushed, in my opinion Ichigo 100% main idea is one of the most remarkable manga i've ever read. It contain precious lesson of live and open our mind about reality. However... if only i have any capability, i absolutely will continue this story and pairing manaka with Toujo in the end (just as i wish from the begining, hahaha.....)

This was a great series. I happen to come by it lucky. Anyways, i still feel cheated in a way cause of who Manaka ends up with. I think all the girls had a equal chance but there were a lot of things that hinted it would be Aya. Like the festival ticket and the fact they inspire each other and the late confession and the support of their friends for a Manaka/Aya couple. It also seemed at the end, Manaka didn't really achieve his dream either. I guess this ending just really bugged me the most because he ended up with someone else and didn't really become a film director.

The ending was definitly rushed. It ended too suddenly. they should at least have a chapter or 2 after the reunion. and im glad he picked the girl that i was rooting for.( don't wanna spoil it)

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

the ending was okay. although I preffered a sumthing different but it turned out ok. I guess it was kinda rushed, but even if that was the case, the series ended pretty well to meeh, but that's my opinion.

the ending, or manga was a bit 'short of juice' to my satisfication, but i guess u can't force them. anyway yes i got into tears sum bits, but *sigh* he didn't go for the one who i thought was right... well i guess thats me. but i still think it could've been longer don't u think? like a volume 20

I MIGHT SPOIL DA MANGA SO A WARNING FOR THOSE WHO HAVENT READ DA MANGA, DO NOT READ THIS
i just finished reading this manga ( cause i got to noe of it kinda late from my fren) about 3 days ago. i cant help but to feel sad. manaka is such an idiot, he deserves a smack on his head ( make it 2). well pudgypaw, what i walk away wif this manga u asked? well, the answer would b, sadness, real sadness cause the girl that was suppose to b picked (toujo aya) was not picked, instead nichino won at last. i really really was addicted to da manga. i could practically spend 10 hours of my time reading it. freaky aint it? but thats was what happen.

what disappoints me was, i think the ending was rushed, if they were a few more volumes, it would have ended in a different wasy, most probably siding towards aya. why u asked? simple, allow me to state how that might happen.

first and foremost, aya shares da same dreams wif manaka, unlike da other girls, she connects wif manaka thru a special way, which is wif her novels.
second, manaka thought that her confession in da third movie they did was real, but he had doubts, but in the end it was real.
third, the reason why manaka gaved up hope on her was cause he thought that toujo aya had a boyfren or sumfin to go to da love sanctuary wif.
fourth, did u guys ever realise that both aya's and manaka's numbers written on da piece of paper with regards to da love sanctuary thingy had da same number on it... it was a perfect match. da number was 1508 i think, and when nishino took it, she had a diff. no.

conclusion?
with just a bit more time, if manaka really had brains he would have made a right choice, which is toujo aya, cause she matches wif him personally. what have i come to learnt from this manga? well, dont b stupid like manaka, pick a girl like toujo, a girl who doesn't rush things but just wanna b wif u and stay beside u always.
P.S: ever since this manga, i just can't stop but feel sad, sometimes feel like crying, if Mizuki Kawashita would b so kind as to make a diff ending, i would really appreciate it , although i noe, no such thing will ever happen at this time.

anyways, i hope all u other ppl out there can comment on what i have said too, especially pudgypaw, i heard u were one of da translators for da manga ya? good job! but i still want a diff ending... anyways ppl, i hope u dont get heart-broken when u r reading da manga or having finished it alrdy.

Just finished the manga, idufhg you took the words from my mouth! I can't help but be depress...

What the hell are you, idufhg, black? IF you're going to ATTEMPT to make a legitamate, legible post, TYPE IN ENGLISH. This is AMERICA, not 'DA HOOD.

Secondly, what the hell are you arguing about? All the people before you who stated that each and every equally deserved to be with Manaka were correct. What you're saying, with (not wif, by the way; wif isn't even a word in the english language... or any language, for that matter) their sharing a dream, isn't really valid. You're saying that you can only fall in love once; fact of the matter is, he had feelings for all of these different s, and just because Aya was the first one to share a connection with him doesn't rule out anyone else.

Manaka didn't give up on Aya because of her goddamn brother, the reason that he gave up on everybody was because he wanted to be with Nishino. In the park, if you read, he said himself that he wanted to make her happy; obviously she's the one that touched his heart the most. My personal favorite is Satsuki, because (she's obviously the most "blessed," if you know what I mean ;)) she definitely is the most aggressive one and lets him know how she feels.

But regardless of that fact (just like how you like Aya), it really works out that Manaka hooks up with Nishino. Satsuki said herself that she didn't really know why she liked Manaka (several men have pointed out that he's a loser with no redeeming qualities whatsoever, like Keitaro's friends did to Mitsumi), Manaka is only a first "love," crush sort of thing to Kozue, a childhood friend to Yui, and really the same rules as Kozue apply to Aya, since he's the first one who really starting talking to her.

merged: 04-26-2006 ~ 09:53am
legitimate*, by the way.

merged: 04-27-2006 ~ 08:11am
Anyway, I heard team YANIME was translating the manga, and they announced that there was one more release after 18. There is another release after 18, right? Not to get off topic, but if 18 was the ending... that's perhaps one of the worst endings I've ever read. It resolves NOTHING.

merged: 06-01-2006 ~ 08:49am
Oh man, I just read Volume 18. Yanime released it May 8th, I think, but I downloaded it yesterday. This manga shatters me; it's actually over. Everything affiliated with Ichigo 100% is over... it was a bittersweet ending. Manaka gets back together with Nishino, goes to make a movie with Toujou, and Kitaooji is still hanging offsides.

yups..
the ending should have some more explenation, why did manaka end up with nishino, although nishino is the cutest among the three, but i think the mangaka should make some REASON, for the ending, why after 4 years, finally manaka can decided to choose between those options

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

manaka is an idiot. taking four years to pick a girl. i'd have chosen Satsuki from the start...

Signature

yes yes... he is absolutly an idiot

He should have chosen Tojo, never seen a more stupid guy (Tojo because I like her). About his confession to Nishino, I believed it's a impulsive move after taking too much shock when he thought that Tojo had a boyfriend. This manga is the best, in my opinion, because it shows reality (But not so many girls liking 1 idiot, LOL).

I would like to use Kawashita Aya Toujou again in another story.
Since the end of the sleeve on, just get Toujou Aya, and to create a male character unique, different.
I hated to Manaka.

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.