Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Quality of threads (to the mods) - Minitokyo

Quality of threads (to the mods)

page 1 of 1 22 total items

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

Well, this thread is addressed to the mods. If you guys want to close this, I don't really care.

Nowadays, the forum is flooded with repeated and meaningless threads. As you look around, you can see tons of threads that should be closed. I just haven't seem any forum mods controling the situation. Matter of fact, I haven't seem the forum mod for a long time.

The quality of threads is really dropping recently, and I find that the forum is way less enjoyable than it was when i first started. I know quite some people that feels the same way too. I am sure there are lots more.

If you mods are reading this, please do something.
thanx for reading

Signature

You know I don't think that controlling too much is a good idea. I was in a forum I love but at a moment threads were too quicly locked, so the drawback was there were not lot of threads created and it was so boring since some didn't dare to make threads. I feel like that even a little stupid but funny threads should be allowed to please different people. As long as they aren't offensive, it's fine with me even if I'm not interesed in these threads.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

Mizu-kun

Emotionless Baka

Yes, I know what you mean. There are many meaningless and repeated threads.
But fortunately, Marissa closed a lot of those threads today. So the mods are controlling the forum. Maybe too little, but they do.

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

I know what you feel but the moderators can't control all the happenings here. Members may report those to them and they'll just make the actions...

The moderators are not only living here you know. They have personal lives but they really try to make MT on control...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

hmm lets see now, the only forum mod i can recall was kev
and he hasn't exactly been active much so he's not even a mod anymore.
anyways, we all know theres lots of crappy threads n posts n stuff
so isn't like this is some big news, but i haven't browsed the forums in a while
and i see like lots of closed threads so apparently, the mods are doing their job,
usually shinsegumi moderates the forum pretty strictly....oh wait, he's a forum mod lol
oh well, looks like he's away for sometime but Marissa spends lots of time in the forums
too so isn't like they're doing nothing. You can't expect everything out of them, the gallery
is pretty bad itself n members cause enough trouble so just let the mods do their business.

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

From what little I know, Shinsengumi is busy these days, having recently finished a research paper and moving back to school. I'm not sure how long this semi-presence will persist, but I'm sure he'll try his best to moderate the forums to the best of his abilities.

During his absence, a number of regular members have been helping out in reporting duplicate threads or ones that don't abide by the forum guidelines. And props to Marissa, who I've seen in the forums a lot, closing threads and helping out in Shinsengumi's stead.

But I do agree with you.. The forums have degenerated quite a bit recently, which I think is in part due to the lack of an expert forum moderator. Hopefully the mods will take appropriate action soon. ^^

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

With the MT division of labor, most of the moderators spend their times in the galleries. With this labor division scheme, mostly Shinsengumi is the only moderator for the forums. Thus with his current limited presence, the forums will inevitably experience a plethora of bad threads. Definitely props to Marissa, like unicorn said. She's been picking up the burden for shinsengumi.

Chaos-Cross once mentioned it internally in the group, that maybe there another mod should come and take over the forums to help out shinsengumi. =)

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Yes I agree the forum is flooded with useless and often repetitious threads. It wasn't like this when I joined. Well there have been many newer members joining. I've seen atleast 5 or 6 join daily. Added to the fact that some don't even bother to read the noob bibles or the rules and guidelines.
The mods can't be expected to be everywhere at once. Like others have said they have other more important things in their everyday lives that they can't come here that often. So far I've actually seen Marissa acting as mod for anything. I really do thank Marissa for atleast trying to keep things under control. The mods can only do so mcuh on their own and must rely alot on member feedback through reports filed by members.
I have only today reported atleast 5 threads for variosu violations. Most of the time it's just people posting duplicates or favorite threads. Which either can mean one of two things. On one hand it may just be accidental like with some members. While others do it with blatant ignorance of the rules. I've created a thread about this but it didn't do well.
Alos what is with all the mature threads all of a sudden one appears and then it's like a wildfire. Added to the fact that alot of these thread types get tons of posts. One actually had close to 250 last time I looked.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

If you feel annoyed with those dup threads, would you mind taking time to report them, that would help a lot better than complaining.
Other than that, mods have their lives too like all of us so you can not expect them running around everyday.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by BarbaraIf you feel annoyed with those dup threads, would you mind taking time to report them, that would help a lot better than complaining.
Other than that, mods have their lives too like all of us so you can not expect them running around everyday.

Despite the fact that alot of members including myself already report so many threads. It just too much. Way too many of these threads are created that we can't report them fast enough. Many actually don't get reported because there are so many.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

Well, I know the mods have lives too, and they can't do everything. It is just that the threads are just getting on my nerves.
As Spystreak said:

Quote by SpystreakWay too many of these threads are created that we can't report them fast enough. Many actually don't get reported because there are so many.

People just aren't paying attention to the forum guidelines.

Signature

Zero-Ultimate

Zero-Ultimate

Strike Freedom

i'm knida new here (3 weeks)
so i don't really know which thread already exist or repeated but useally i use the search option to find threads but i often use the wrong key words (bad experience :p )

Sit upon the frozen heavens
DAI GUREN HYOURINMARU
Signature Image

I know what you mean....I always try to make threads that are not existing but sometimes it would work.... :sweat:

It's true that the forums are getting old and less enjoyable...That's cause we are running out of ideas and all...Well I expected this to happen...I mean once I first came here I was posting nonstop since I saw many interesting forums...But now...It seems quite boring...

Well, I know the forum is really really busy here. And I do see alot of repeated threads and useless ones... But here ARE alot of unique cool threads, and questions that make me think and make me wanna reply. This forum is still fun for people who are new. Like me, I'm not too new anymore but I still like some threads coming along.

And I agree with the one above, who said that mods shouldnt be to strict. If they are too strict alot of people wont post anymore and in the worst case scenerio alot of people will leave this forum. I left alot of forums because the moderators there were too strict and they werent nice. I just dont like that... So I think the mods do a great job already, and the ones who cant stand the threads should just ignore it, be glad that this forum isnt dieing and still alive and kicking ^_^.

Signature Image

Holt

Holt

pffft

Like Barbara said, the mods don't have enough time to be online 24/7 checking threads.
But anyway, don't be so unhappy about it. This is a free forum where people can talk about anything they want within reason. If you don't like a thread, don't read it. You can report it if it's in the wrong section or something but whilst you may think them useless threads, plenty of other people do want to answer them.

Signature Image

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by HoltLike Barbara said, the mods don't have enough time to be online 24/7 checking threads.
But anyway, don't be so unhappy about it. This is a free forum where people can talk about anything they want within reason. If you don't like a thread, don't read it. You can report it if it's in the wrong section or something but whilst you may think them useless threads, plenty of other people do want to answer them.

That may be but those are usually the ones repeated over and over again and those oh so eager posters are usually newer members trying to level up fast. Added to the fact that 3/4 of these threads are favorite or versus threads. Which last time I checked is still against the rules and guidelines.

Signature

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

We do keep the oldest "favorites" and versus thread open so that people can answer them. For example, there still is an current and open thread on favorite anime OPs and EDs, and another open and current thread on Coke vs. Pepsi, etc etc. These threads have no issue with timeliness, and therefore we keep the oldest one alive so that those who really have nothing else to say but to voice their choice for these threads still can. The problem is that people do not use the search box and continue to create new threads on these topics. Further, the rule does clearly indicate that members should refrain from making these threads; they should use these existing open ones if they must.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

All it is is pure laziness. It only takes but a few seconds to access the forum guidelines and a few more minutes to actually read the guidelines. Many members, as I've said before numerous times, shaped this community to the way it is now, so only the members who caused the problems have the power to stem these problems.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

Quote by SilentMasamuneAll it is is pure laziness. It only takes but a few seconds to access the forum guidelines and a few more minutes to actually read the guidelines. Many members, as I've said before numerous times, shaped this community to the way it is now, so only the members who caused the problems have the power to stem these problems.

The trouble is that the members that are causing the problems don't care. They just keep making and making illegal threads. We can't do anything except for reporting them. Furthermore, new members, who are just trying to gain levels, are supporting them by needlessly posting on those threads. There is very little that we can do.

*Btw, if the gallery mod, Marissa, is reading this. I would like to thank her for closing all those threads.
Thanx^^

Signature

angelrhea

angelrhea

<"Little Hime">

yeah i have seen duplicate threads recently and threads that are not still dead are duplicated. well at least some members are helping out in this situation.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

I look forward to the search function being improved for MT3, which should help with the subject-duplication problem. Because right now, TBH, it's next to useless.

Search one word and you get back a big pile of vaguely-related results from all the forums and galleries. Search multiple words and you get back next to nothing, because the search function only looks for your exact phrase, rather than splitting it up into separate words.

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.