The end of a series...

page 1 of 1 24 total items

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

Cancel

I just started thinking about this since i just finished watching BECK
As I watch anime series after series I notice that even if the ending is a happy one I still end up feeling sad becuse it's like you get to know the characters as you watch the series and at the end it's like you leave them and it's like you won't see them again...
Well I was just wondering if any of you guys felt this way too
Thanks a lot for replying to my thread! ^_^

• Aug 26, 2005

AkkiEnzeru

Yeesh, it's'a me. ^^

Cancel

Yeah, I've felt that way before.
But in most of the Anime's I've seen the whole series of, the endings aren't happy..
Like.
Cowboy Bebop.
Trigun.
Evangelion.
Gundam Wing.

They're all pretty sad..

Even in death, we triumph.

• Aug 26, 2005
Cancel

Lemme see
Gundam seed*not destiny* i cried at the end
Fruits basket i cried
Loveless i cried and yelled "what?! no seX?!"
saiyuki i said "wtf? hakkai is hot" and cried
gravitation i cried

so basiclly...i cried -.-

Cancel

Yea... Cowboy bebeop is one of my fav animes and it wasn't a happy ending, even though it was kool. I want to tell something about it, but I don't want to tell it just in case someone hasn't seen the end of it :hmpf:

LJ23

Pimpin' since 1990

Cancel

I've felt that way as well. Sometimes, it's really hard for me to watch a finale. I feel sad and just don't want to watch it because I don't want the characters to leave my life but I end up watching to find out what happens. I felt really sad at the end of Gundam Seed and Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.

Thank you RainOfStars for the kick ass signature!
Signature Image

"If you ain't no punk, holla 'we want prenup!' WE WANT PRENUP! YEEUH!"
Gold Digger - Kanye West ft. Jamie Foxx

• Aug 26, 2005

Kitaan

Retired Moderator

Kitaan

\

Cancel

Quote by toxictea23Lemme seeGundam seed*not destiny* i cried at the endFruits basket i cried
Loveless i cried and yelled "what?! no seX?!"
saiyuki i said "wtf? hakkai is hot" and criedgravitation i cried
so basiclly...i cried -.-

lol poor sis Suuki T.T
I hate saying bye to my fave characters once the series is over,
it sucks big time >_< but oh well nothing to do but hope they make a second one
like they did for Gundam Seed.

Cancel

I remember saying something in a similiar discussion.
Yeah its sad that series have to end but its their ending that makes them so good.
I mean everything has to have a beginning, middle, and end.
If an series didn't end, eventually it would end up being like pokemon or naruto, noob bait.
Thats why so many of the shorter series are good. They give you a high amount of entertainment and end it before it declines. Its sad but thats how things work.
You live up to a high and eventually you being to fall, but if you end it before that happens, you remain great or even...legendary

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

• Aug 26, 2005
Cancel

I cried after finishing Love Hina. It was like the second best anime ever

• Aug 26, 2005

Itami-Chan

Itami-Chan

Mrs.Kakashi..and sn34k3rs master

Cancel

yeaa!! i cant help but feel sad when a series is ending even if the ending is a good one but i guess it would be bad if they dragged the anime on tooo long... ^_^'

sig and avvy made by k1ru! ^.^

Cancel

lvl++

• Aug 26, 2005
Cancel

i felt the same for alot of animes
wish they made few more seasons of a few animes XD
i was glad when FMP went into a 3rd season ^^
wish they made love hina into another season
that would so oWn

• Aug 26, 2005

Midori-chan

Midori-chan

Shh...

Cancel

of course i felt the same way as you do... T_T
i just finished watching Loveless and what?? only 12 episodes?? o_O
it would be so much better if they make it longer...
same goes to these anime : chrno crusade ( i cried ) , samurai deeper kyo ( i was blur about the ending), tactics, dnangel.....actually there is a lot more...i'm afraid that even if i typed until 24 hours i won't be able to finish it lol XD

how i wish all the anime will be endless XD

• Aug 26, 2005
Cancel

a lot of anime were done in that kind of way.

Probably because... if an anime can play with it's audience feelings... it is a great anime...

• Aug 26, 2005

Kuikka-kun

Kuikka-kun

Yori Fukai Yami He

Cancel

When a good anime ends, my life feels empty. Same goes for manga.

Signature

gothiclad

gothiclad

Hi HI^ ^

Cancel

i felt the same way too especially when it's my fav anime.

scrapstyle

scrapstyle

Look! Behind You!

Cancel

I suffer withdrawal after watching a long series. I'm not in the mood to watch anything new. This usually lasts for a week.

My spirts go back up when a sequel, OVA, sidestory, etc. is released or in the works. It doesn't happen that often though.

• Aug 26, 2005
Cancel

the worst i've ever felt after watching a series was after i finished evangelion. i felt "empty" i guess would be a good way to describe it, for the next day or two.

felt kinda sad when i finished yu yu hakusho the other day.

felt content at the end of trigun and bebop b/c i thought both endings were satisfying considering who the characters were.

felt terrible at the end of paranoia agent (saw the last ep last nite). hugged my dogs extra this morning.

• Aug 26, 2005

KiraKira

Hitori...

Cancel

most anime series i watched, i wish it kept on going and going :( either that i watch the ending over and over until i find a new anime to watch.

• Aug 26, 2005

kuclo

kuclo

My broken wings

Cancel

of course i feel like that,i am very sentimental ,in sad endings like chrono or saikano makes me so depressive.in the happy endings i feel like i am done and i am ok with the character,since i can watch all again the series but you know always,maybe not ,are comings seconds seasons .sometimes bad .see you later

Tienes el valor?o te vale
Signature
Remember minitokyo is just not another site ,it's a home ,enjoy being be member of this family

Wakarimashta

Wakarimashta

I Understand!

Cancel

Who hasn't felt this way? This is the reason why I pace myself and watch each episode slowly from the beginning. That way the experience will last until the final episode.

• Aug 27, 2005

dvx

dvx

Otaku

Cancel

Quote by YugureKazeI just started thinking about this since i just finished watching BECK
As I watch anime series after series I notice that even if the ending
is a happy one I still end up feeling sad becuse it's like you get to
know the characters as you watch the series and at the end it's like
you leave them and it's like you won't see them again...
Well I was just wondering if any of you guys felt this way too Thanks a
lot for replying to my thread! ^_^

That was exactly how I felt like after watching BECK too. Such a great show.

Signature Image
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Cancel

It was like the second best anime ever

• Aug 27, 2005

Ayasal

Ayasal

Return, Into The Mist

Cancel

yea i know how that feels
I just finished watching brigadoon... even though is a happy one it makes me so sad that its "over" as "no more" "the end" damn... I hate that feeling... it makes my want to cry... it leaves me pretty empty inside...

Relinquish your Dreams of Paradise
Signature

Cancel

Quote by AkkiEnzeruYeah, I've felt that way before.
But in most of the Anime's I've seen the whole series of, the endings aren't happy..
Like.
Cowboy Bebop.
Trigun.
Evangelion.
Gundam Wing.

They're all pretty sad..

I don't know why, but I found the evangelion (series) ending to be happy. Shinji comes to terms with his shortcomings and is finally happy with himself. How is that not happy? The ending presented in End of Evangelion is not the true ending to the series.

I feel lost when a really good series ends, because I don't have anything to look forward to regarding that series. Even with Full Moon wo Sagashite, the ending could not have been happier but I just felt sad because they didn't go into any detail of Mitsuki and Takuto's lives after the end, which I would have liked to see.

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.