Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Air Movie - Minitokyo

Tagged under Air

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

I watched it the other day and i have to say, it was really suprising. it wasnt necesarily just a retelling of the series, it has a different feel to it, and a different spin on some aspects. if you havent seen the series some of the stuff might not make sense. like they never really explain why misuzu is sick, but from the series you know that her human body isnt an adequate container for her angel soul, yada yada.

anyway, i wont spoil the movie by explaining the differences, but they are good ones, i really liked how the movie told the story. definately recomended to anyone who has seen air and found it even remotely interesting

i liked the movie's storyline more, mainly because they added a bit more romance into it, which, i think, made the ending stronger for the viewers. I think it would've been better if this was the original storyline, spread across the original 12 episodes, with the movie being an extension.

I personally enjoyed the movie in a similar way to the series. The more directly portrayed romance between Yukito and Misuzu was probably nessecary to get a response from the audience in just 2 hours of knowing the characters. At the same time the movie didn't really feel rushed (unless of course you hadn't seen the series). It's a-ok in my books.

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

Here are some other opinions on this movie. ^^ http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/31868/
(The thread was closed because this one has seniority)

This is my perspective after having watched about half of the movie so far. Personally, I'm not very thrilled with how it has turned out. I do appreciate the fact that some aspects of the story are given more attention so that the elusive aspects of the series are made more comprehensible. At the same time however, I think it almost goes overboard, making the mysteriousness/fantastical nature of the story a bit too obvious.

And the artwork was not as precise or smoothly executed as the anime series. This was the most frustrating because it was the artwork that initially got my attention.. The animation almost looks like its old, with tacky and choppy transitions and oddly colored scenes. Not only are the characters drawn differently, their personalities also seem to take on a different air. It's possible that this couldn't really be helped since it's a short movie with lots to cram in.. Yet I don't think the end result is the best they could have done.

Since I still have about half of the movie left to watch, I'm hoping that the rest will be able to get to me. The talk in MT's group AIR seems to be rather positive, saying that the movie is even more sad compared to the series. We'll see. ^^ The movie is a decent extension to the series and makes a good attempt at filling in some gaps, but I think it lacks the exquisiteness and fascinating delicacy/mystery of the series.

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

psh the air movie is simple put, the anime minus the most of the loli girls.
The story was ok, though probably hard to follow for those that haven't seen the anime
since its not as well developed. That art for the anime just rocked but the movie pails
in comparison. The relationships of the characters are slighty different and the ending is a bit different. Seems like just another re-telling of the story.

o_O-0
weeeeeeeee

i thought the ending was a little less dramatic than the anime, and i really didnt care for how they left yukito as an aimless wanderer after saying he loved misuzu, even though they only knew each other for about a week

s0m3gu4

s0m3gu4

the soldier of ruin

both the movie an the anime seem to go together hand in hand, it seems that you cant watch the movie with out having seen the show, and some aspects of the show were sorta explained in the movie. as for the plot and stuff in the movie, i thought it was good, and i also liked how they put in the little love thing between yukito and misuzu, i dont know how the original story goes or nething, but i thought that the movie was a good companion to the series.

I didn't even know that the movie had come out. I really liked the series and would like to see the movie.

The movie was pretty good, but watch it again made me sadder...
Man air makes me sad 'sniff' 'sniff'

steffic

steffic

i l!ve a beaUtiFuL Life

i dun think that the movie is as good as the the anime series.. i think the way it is pictured is overdone.. at times, i feel quite annoyed when there is still or painted scene with too many animation effects that were meant to make it dramatic, but actually reduce the artistic side of it.. misuzu looked more mature but somehow lost her cuteness..

=pikopiko=

~to the one i love, prepare to die~ Oboro.
EXTERNAL IMAGE REMOVED BY MODERATOR. PLEASE USE Signature Image instead.
~thx to soujiokita for tis beautiful sig^^

Wugz

analord

I watched it back when I watched Air TV. Can't really understand why, because I didn't like the series either.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Right okay if your just going to bump a thread to spam then do yourself a favor and not post.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.