Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wall resolution !?! - Minitokyo

Wall resolution !?!

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Zelgadis

Zelgadis

Chimera

ok i dont know for you but im using 1280x1024 on my desktop and there is lot of "cool" wall in 1024x768 even in 800x600 its frustrating because if a stretch them to fit my screen they are loosing quality....

so its is possible for people even if your resolution is smaller to do your wall in 1280x1024 or 1600x1200??

its your decision but im sure my not the only one with this probleme

thx all :)

Signature

Member of -- Quebec Freaks Group --

Hey, at least the scene is better now than it was a few years ago. The average wallpaper size is gradually increasing as larger monitors come down in price and find their way into more people's homes. For the most part you won't lose that much going from a 1024x768 to your resolution if you first make sure to crop it correctly for your current resolution ratio before resizing it. In the case of a 1024x768 resolution you want to first crop it to 960x768 and then scale it up to 1280x1024 as to avoid distortion from the aspect ratio change. In the case of an 800x600 crop it to 750x600 first, then scale up. Or better yet, if you're running a CRT just get the heck out of that non-standard resolution. Now myself running at 1600x1200 wallpapers of that resolution look sub-standard regardless hehe.

Quote by KwisatzHey, at least the scene is better now than it was a few years ago. The
average wallpaper size is gradually increasing as larger monitors come
down in price and find their way into more people's homes. For the most
part you won't lose that much going from a 1024x768 to your resolution
if you first make sure to crop it correctly for your current resolution
ratio before resizing it. In the case of a 1024x768 resolution you want
to first crop it to 960x768 and then scale it up to 1280x1024 as to
avoid distortion from the aspect ratio change. In the case of an
800x600 crop it to 750x600 first, then scale up. Or better yet, if
you're running a CRT just get the heck out of that non-standard
resolution. Now myself running at 1600x1200 wallpapers of that
resolution look sub-standard regardless hehe.

The amusing thing is that 1280x1024 is becoming a standard resolution for no reason, even though the aspect ratio is off.

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

I personally like the 1024x768 and plan to always use that, big enough for me. Although I agree with Zelgadis all the walls should be at least 1280x1024, because if you don't like the big sizes all you have to do is reduce them. That would please everyone I hope :) :) :)

Signature

niXan

l337

I think 1280*1024 is the best resolution despite it's aspect ratio. If possible, I make all my wallpapers in 1600*1200 so people with 1024*768 and 800*600 can resize them without messing up the whole image. :)

w0rd

yuppers, when i wall i try to make it uber big so people can always adjust it to their needs

Zelgadis

Zelgadis

Chimera

1280x960 is a little wide screen on my monitor that the reason i put it in 1280x1024 and the more pixel on screen the better no ???

Signature

Member of -- Quebec Freaks Group --

Well more the pixels the better assuming the ratio stays correct.... Once you start messing with the ratio things get distorted. If 1280x1024 looks better on your monitor then by all means use it, but just make sure you crop the images you plan on using first because they *will* distort if they are standard ratio being stretched/contracted to fit your resolution.

The bigger, the better. Decreasing an image's dimensions is never a problem, but Increasing them always turns the image to garbage.

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.