Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Moving out of your home during college... - Minitokyo

Moving out of your home during college...

page 1 of 1 23 total items

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I find it a pretty neat idea to move out if people feel they would make more of themselves somewhere else. Also, they'd rather not mess with some of the circumstances in their hometown, such as the increase of prices which entails that they might not be able to tamper with those prices in the future, and the people and the environment which entails that they would probably fare better in a different location. I, for one, feel that I may not be able to stay in my current location because it's constantly changing for the worse in my opinion, and I'm not able to fulfill much in terms of financial status. Also, they might want to move in with their significant other at the time so they don't have to deal with their parents and their set limits.

However, I know that there are consequences for moving out too early, such as paying bills and money for an apartment for a house while still paying for school, and paying everything off would take time. It would be good though if there was financial assistance from a relative, depending on if they say that "you could take care of yourself now, so you don't need me anymore...take out a loan, find yourself a job, and pay everything off".

For one, where I live, it's very tough to get a job, and seeing as how I haven't gone to work before, I might not be able to get one anytime sooner at the rate I am going, though I have submitted several applications and no one returned to me. Lastly, moving out early could also mean that it would be harder to pay off the bills because, usually when people work during the college years, without that degree, it's hard to make enough money at once. I do have my reasons for moving out from my parents though, let alone moving out of the country, and I'm sure that my reasons are good enough to leave out.

Do you find it a good idea to move out from your parents home during the college years, especially if your beliefs change and you think you could make something more of yourself somewhere else? Do you feel that you would be able to fulfill the extra responsibilities given that the circumstances in your current home are worse than you think they'll be when you leave?

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

FFTacticsX

FFTacticsX

xX Execute Order 66 Xx

Well I move out during my college years coz the college is from another state ..... but I think its a good idea coz u can learn how to live by ur self. but u have to rent an apartments and stay with ur friends or other person just like me.It would save u a lot of money....still u have to get a parttime job if u wanna have a steady budget. U cant always rely on ur parents . u have to know the hard way how ur parents starts when they in ur age.My point is rent and stay with ur friends is the lowest and better option......Thats from my point of view :)

This signature was longer than 4 lines and has been removed.

Wakarimashta

Wakarimashta

I Understand!

The freedom part of moving out is always a great thing, especially when you're at an age where you can step out the door away from your parents. But starting off too early is a hard thing, especially when you have to support yourself and pay for college on the side. I love my parents and in my case, they're still willing to support me until I get off on the right foot (I honestly am going to commute from home until I can get my degree and a real job). Besides, I am lucky enough to go to a university that's real close to me as I can escape dorm costs and can have free food each day. :D

endsoftheworld99

endsoftheworld99

Free and Unfettered

Yeah, i moved out, and i think its good because it promotes independace, by the time you get into college, your at about that age where you should start to become more independant and stop relying so much on your parents, so i think its a good thing. Yeah you could either live in a dorn (which is sooo fun), or you could rent a place with some friends, their both pretty cheap options and they're well worth it i think.

Signature Image

~ I am free, unfettered, and without a care in this world which revolves around love, beauty, freedom and life ~

Luckster

Luckster

d u a l i t y

Well, if the college is close by and you can commute there easily, living on campus would be a drain of money. If you know you can support yourself throughout the year, living on campus will add to your college life and you can probably do something more productive in that environment.
I personally wanted to live on campus, but can't support it financially. I know that at my university, they're offering jobs to pay off the tuition and other significant fees, and I'm planning on doing that, since I don't even have enough to actually -live- during the year >_< I think that at your college, there should be job offerrings there too for students who need the aid. I personally don't think I could fulfill the extra responsiblities. I'm entering first year and there's a lot of expectation for me to do extremely well, and adding on other responsibilities that I already have might crack me....

Signature

cifiryn

cifiryn

~ Erase & Rewrite ~

Well I just moved, 2 weeks ago.
But I guess I have it easy... Basiclly the Danish goverment is the one that pays my bils. Here students actually get money to study... yea, cool isn't it?

Since I live alone and my family lives far away, the goverment pays an ok amount of money... just as long as I study. I live in a dorm, not big and fancy but it works just perfectly fine with me.

Quote by SilentMasamune
Do you find it a good idea to move out from your parents home during
the college years, especially if your beliefs change and you think you
could make something more of yourself somewhere else?

It depends on the person. Moving out too early can turn things and people into a living mess.
Sometimes everyone is so much in a hurry to get "out to the world", to be independent, that they end up screwing up because they couldn't wait to be ready for all of this... Do I make any sense?

Quote by SilentMasamune Do you feel that you would be able to fulfill the extra responsibilities given that the circumstances in your current home are worse than you think they'll be when you leave?

Yea. I can fulfill the extra responsibilities, I'm not sure I can fulfill other things, but I guess it has nothing to do with living alone...

FFTacticsX

FFTacticsX

xX Execute Order 66 Xx

I move out too even though I think that I leave my responsability to my siblings still I think
its a good idea to move out and to show to every 1 u know that u can do stand without some 1s help :) :)

This signature was longer than 4 lines and has been removed.

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

i dont wanna move out, lol

a) expensive
b) airsoft guns not allowed on campus
c) dont want a roommate
d) dont wanna have to do everything by myself, especially when i still dont know how to use a diswasher, washing machine, manage money, etc.

and im horrible at cleaning too

Signature
	Imagehttp://chatairsoft.com/images/zoom/TIYCVS/MP5Jsig.jpg[/sigimg]

PwnOXz0r

PwnOXz0r

The One

What are you saying? You wanna leave the u.s.? Fine, why not, huh? I can't stop you. As for money it's either: Debt an Education and you pay stuff off with time or no college and you end up practicing saying "Would you like fries with that?" Also New York is one tough place. It's always hard to become employed. Here's an idea. Get a job with flexible hours at a resturant. Or even Buger King. Just don't work the drive-thru. People always insist on yelling into the speaker. You have an incredible reason to leave the U.S. a special reason that does'nt come along everyday. My parents are really cool. But because of my grades I might get an approval from some big name school and will have to move. No time is worse than college. Lots of money spent and lots of parties. Just balance out your cash and you should be alright. Don't take to many loans per year or per semester. I think I could handle it. Not sure how well but still. It's a 50-50 sorta thing.

Join us. There is no option but Green.
Be bold, think Green www.limerockcafe.net

Limerockcafe.net

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

yep, definitely will move out, a little bit late though since I almost finished my undergraduate study but I'll go far away from home to another country for studying graduate study, I want to see if I can survive without my family in a strange country.

Quote by SekiRyuui dont wanna move out, lol a) expensiveb) airsoft guns not allowed on campus
c) dont want a roommate
d) dont wanna have to do everything by myself, especially when i still dont know how to use a diswasher, washing machine, manage money, etc.
and im horrible at cleaning too

the first 2 (a and b) no comment >.<
The last parts (c and d): Since you move out, you will learn how to do everything by yourself. Independent life will teach you that. If you don't want a roomate, find a department for one then there you go, no sharing with anyone, sounds doable ^_^

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

animefreak3

animefreak3

Serpentarius

I moved out before I started back to school. I'm very stable right now. In fact my Mom has been staying with me the last few months. (my place is way cleaner)

If you've got your eye on the ball when you're in school, you should be all but set once you're out. I have lots of options in front of me, and I'm already raking in more per/hr than my Mom/Grandma ever has. It can only get better from here out.

We begin and end in nothingness. Our darkness is confronting our ultimate nature, for nothing can come from nothing. We must sow the wind and reap the void, since the now is all we have. Together, we walk in darkness.

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

I think its a great idea to move out while/ just before you start college, it gives you a chance to experience life. I would definitely suggest roommates.. it just makes bills easier and life a bit less lonely if you find yourself engulfed in homework. Just make sure to make house rules and draw lines so everyone is on the level :) ... plus parties!!!!! Whoooo.. you can party more freely without parents around ;) But seriously it is important to get out and experience life before you settle down in a carreer with a family ect...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

If only I can do that, I'll definitely do it but I think it's not yet the time for me...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Whether or not it's for college, you will eventually move out of your parents house.

Quote by MellyDo you find it a good idea to move out from your parents home during the college years, especially if your beliefs change and you think you could make something more of yourself somewhere else?

Totally depends on the situation. There are far too many factors to consider in making this decision and most of them are overlooked by people who want to venture in the adult world early.

But there are 2 main reasons that people leave home for college:
1. College is far away from home.
2. The individual is self-dependent and relies on his own efforts.

Quote by Melly"Do you feel that you would be able to fulfill the extra responsibilities given that the circumstances in your current home are worse than you think they'll be when you leave?

There is a possibility that things would just go worse. Domestic problems are to approached by the family together. A family member should not shy away from these problems and run away from home and use college as an excuse.

As for me, I would stay with my parents until I can find a job and provide for them and my own family.

Signature

lunaregina

lunaregina

mundus vult decipi

Quote by SilentMasamuneDo you find it a good idea to move out from your parents home during the college years, especially if your beliefs change and you think you could make something more of yourself somewhere else?

As most people have said already, moving out provides you with a great feel of independence. I lived on campus my four years of college since it was out of state, and I don't regret it. And after living with your parents for 18 years you kinda want your own space. XD You also become familiar with a wide varitey of people and beliefs, have fun and meet new people.

I started off fresh at college since I knew absoletely no one there - and home was a good two hours away. It was a good opportunity to think about myself and what I want. I also met my current boyfriend while at college (October will be 3 years for us). True, I've had my share with a bad roommate but life is full of trials and errors.

And as jakulito mentioned, you will have to move out of your parents house eventually. College is a good transition as you can still visit home and do laundry for free there. :P I'd rather not end up like my cousin, who just turned 30, no boyfriend, and is living in her parents basement.

Signature Image

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

well, i "moved" out of my parents house when i went to college, but i moved into my grandmother's house, which is close to my campus. i still have my independence, but i don't have to worry about paying the bills-- i can just concentrate on my schoolwork. ( but i do work... it's just once a month tho...)

i think that it is a good idea to get away from your parents when you go away to college, whether it be living in the dorms or getting your own place. and especially if you're having troubles at home, moving out can be good. it's a good time for reflection and self discovery. can you survive on your own? can you balance school and work? roommates are a good idea, especially if you're looking to split the bills, but make sure that you get along with them. i've had some friends that i had to try and talk them out of physically injuring their roommates... :sweat:

Signature Image

Acuni

Acuni

wrapped in night

well SilentMasamune it is importent to get good notes in college if not you will have it harder to finde yourself a good job and with that not enough mony for paying all the bills and that means you have to lend you mony from other people and lets say that it gets worser and you also loos the job and so on. you would bee sooner home that you think. but if there are any reasons realy good reasons for you to leave without your family i would wait a litle your opinion can change and if it is realy needed talk about that with your peronts and make a suggestion like you can leve in the place where you live now and you finde yourself a job and trei to leve for as long as it is posible within you pay the bills of electricity, water, bla bla bla; not including fod for parents or ther costs^^
than if you are successful in that and you have acceptability notes and mony i think your parents will see that you are ready for life on your own.
that is what i would do
and i think it woud be the best for you to think about my suggestion
it can bee a start
or a nother chans
say to your parents i am going to college somehere far away now pay me the ticket to get there every day (if it is not to far) or suport me by giving me the mony for staying there that i can intellectuality grow up in the things that i like to study!

Signature

When I moved out of my parents house to go to college, I actually moved to my grandparents house. That wasn't really getting away... especially since my parents eventually moved next door (my grandparents owned several acres of land).
Moving out on my own when I got married, however, was great... for a while. Then my husband lost his job, and we are back at my parents house. Moving out is not an easy thing at all.

Kiako

Kiako

the shadow

well two things i can say here don't worry too much aout anything and do what you think is the best because if it wouldn't turn out to be such a god a idea it would be your fault actualy more of a problem in some cases but still.

Sakura0chan

Sakura0chan

Nihongo o naraitai

I moved out now. But I'm going home during weekends. I think moving out of my home helps me to become more independent. :D
At first I'm feeling lonely not with my family but as time goes by I'm getting used to it. :D

midorinokari

midorinokari

Till My Forever Become No Longer

It would always be exciting to move out into new places. As for the responsibilities, these are strings attatched, and unless you have really good scissors, there would be no way you would be able to cut them up. You might as well live with them, and better yet, enjoy them. Some people may not feel this, but with the responsibilites you get, you also earn a sense of acheivement and importance. Think about it. If you were given a task, yes, you would feel dragged and so so, but in another light, somehow, you would feel priveledged as to have been given that task. How many people are trustworthy enough these days to actually be assigned a task??? Somehow, you would feel that.

Back to the idea of moving out. Moving out is always an exciting thing. You would be liberated, you can do things your way. I think its a good idea, you would gain experience in living alone, with somehow, only yourself to trust, only your nose to follow. I think, in my own honest opinion, moving out of your parents home is the epitome of freedom. Not because there would be nobody to drag you or order you around, but because you could now exercise your survival skills.

Just a thought... Hai! Over and Out...

angelrhea

angelrhea

<"Little Hime">

well im in college now but i didnt moved out from my parents house. for the mere facts that my school is just close at home and renting a boarding house would be an added expense for me. second, im not yet that independent and i dont have a job to suit my daily expenses. my allowance and stuffs are all sustained by my parents so it is but right that i will stay with them until i can decide that i can be on my way.

but moving out i guess aint a bad idea after all. but i guess you have to be prepared on that sense since its a wider perspective and a wider responsibility for a person. you must prove that you can carry on with life and you can just do it. in fact your responsibilities will add too but you can be free and you can do anything you like without your parents to scold you. i wish i can do that to soon.

well good luck on your college!

diana86

diana86

|||TwinSoul|||

living away from your parents during college sounds really exciting.... :) you would really learn how to be independent. :D a sort-of practices for the near future when you graduate. :D but on the other hand, it cud be a problem coz u cud get into "temptations" and "distractions". ^_^' you would also have problems saving your allowance ^_^' ^_^' ^_^'

Signature
In that special place between the earth and sky...

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.