Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 BitTorrent - sylvacoer's confused (@_@...) - Minitokyo

BitTorrent - sylvacoer's confused (@_@...)

page 1 of 1 17 total items

sylvacoer

sylvacoer

The Narrator

I've been looking at fansub sites, and they all say that you need software called "BitTorrent" to download anime eps. I've gone to the site, and tried downloading the software, but for some reason, I can't install it (and even if I did, I have no idea how to use it...)
can someone please explain the whole BitTorrent concept to sylva? Please use small words, as I am easily confused by computer... thingies... -_-'

Signature

nostyle118

nostyle118

Invincible under the sun

Have you tried downloading the eps? After installing Bittorrent?

Anyways, after installing bittorrent, download the eps and then you'll download a .torrent file. After downloading said .torrent file, the Bittorrent program will automatically open, then you can now download the eps like a normal file.

Sorry if is sounded a little wierd. Hope you got it.

"Heaven above, Hell below."

axb0b

axb0b

Grand Duke of Hell

You have problem installing it? Try this link and see if it install. It is the original bittorrent client, as there is tons of other clients out there.
Anyway once you succesfully installed it, just go in your anime fansub webpage, and clic on the anime file you want. It is a .torrent which can be opened with the bittorent client. Once opened, you choose where to save it, then the actual anime file will start to download.
It may start slow, but will go faster if there is many people seeding/leeching it.
Hope it's clear enough in my not so good english :P

Signature

ax's .:: latest wall: ghostbusters & favs ::.
Member of: :{French-Tribu}:

tuxedotservo

tuxedotservo

-- gone and very much forgotten

Quote by sylvacoerI've been looking at fansub sites, and they all say that you need
software called "BitTorrent" to download anime eps. I've gone to the
site, and tried downloading the software, but for some reason, I can't
install it (and even if I did, I have no idea how to use it...)
can someone please explain the whole BitTorrent concept to sylva?
Please use small words, as I am easily confused by computer...
thingies... -_-'

First, you install the client, here (this is one I like):
http://www.bittornado.com/

Next, you go to the fansub site. When you click on the "download" link, you can either save the torrent file to your drive, or have bittorrado immediate launch and run. I usually save them.

With that little file on your drive, click on it, and bittornado will launce. It'll ask you where you want to store the download. After that, you have some settings in there you can play with (your connection speed).

Does that help?

--
tuxedotservo
Palpatine for Emperor - Why Settle for the Lesser Evil?
Dancing to the beat of a different drummer, and it's not pretty.

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Yep, tuxedotservo said it best! ~_^

Though I thought you needed regular BitTorrent before getting BitTornado, that it was just an add-on/mod type of thing. *is probably wrong* Ah well, what a few megs of unnecessary program? ~_^

mirkoemir

mirkoemir

-Just Heal-

Yes, you can use BitTornado or Bitcomet: http://www.bitcomet.com/ ... download it, install it, and only must click in the ep's link and the client do the rest.

Signature
My Favorites Wallpapers
The World's End by Semanga

sylvacoer

sylvacoer

The Narrator

Thanks ya'll! Yay, everyone used small words... ^_^'

Signature

tripleG

tripleG

To simply be

You can also download 'Azureus' which helps you to keep downloading anime episodes even if you have to go and turn off your computer... because with normal bit-torrent you cannot turn off your computer unless the files have finished download... while with Azeruz (sort of a kind of bittorrent) you can pause the download and continue it another day!

Just search in google the word Azureus download... and you will fins sitest that got them!

Well then hope this helps!

Signature

natualred

natualred

I is a gud righter.

Sorry, but I have no idea if I was you I would try Best Buy and ask one of their computer people.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Quote by tripleGbecause with normal bit-torrent you cannot turn off your computer
unless the files have finished download...

Seriously? That doesn't sound right... IIRC I was able to stop and resume just fine when I used the original Bittorrent client.

That said, Azureus has other advantages over the original BT, like being able to choose what files to download from a multi-file torrent, and being able to handle files with foreign-language names.

Midori-chan

Midori-chan

Shh...

you can just go to www.download.com
and then type "bit comet" in the search box, and download the latest version of it^^
after you download it, install it to your computer and then you can download anime eps^^

minyu

minyu

I Catch a Fish For You

Download a torrent program, Download the torrent from the site, Open it up and choose where to save the files, Some torrents wont work if theres no seeders though.

Signature

You might want to try different clients for different trackers. Some trackers won't allow certain clients to connect. (especially for BitComet)

xshintax

Gif files are Compu$erve

//Sorry, but I have no idea if I was you I would try Best Buy and ask one of their computer people.//
LOL!.
Try Google searching. Really http://google.com. Bittorent is a program that takes a special file called a .torrent file and downloads another file using it. I think it's slow. You can download bittorrent from bittorrent.com. Just click on the link under whatever OS you use, get the installer file, click it, follow the directions. Easy.

Wtf is your problem?!?

Why the f*** do I need to use proprietary filetypes in my signature and avatar? Stupid Minitokyo... STUPID COMPU$ERVE! Use png instead.

SoulScholar

SoulScholar

NAVI-Gator

Just use BitComet, download it at www.bitcomet.com Then download the torrents, and double click on them. Press ok, then it starts to download. You can right click on teh task, and make it of higher priority. Be sure to keep the torrent file until the task starts downloading.

Thx to Rebel-Soul-Kaze for the awesome av and sig! <3 always chichiri~
Signature
+ Userguide to MT3 + Forum Guidelines + MT Policy + Support and Inquiry + Complaints + FAQs +

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

Quote by tripleGYou can also download 'Azureus' which helps you to keep downloading anime episodes even if you have to go and turn off your computer... because with normal bit-torrent you cannot turn off your computer unless the files have finished download... while with Azeruz (sort of a kind of bittorrent) you can pause the download and continue it another day!
Just search in google the word Azureus download... and you will fins sitest that got them!
Well then hope this helps!

i am on dial up, i just pause/close bittornado, and if i turn off my computer it doesnt matter it will just continue it

Signature Image

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

well, BT is not that hard to install. and you also need some codecs. you can go to download.com. you'll need some codecs also. for that, go to divx.com. (click on the one that is blue.) or you can get the video lan player at videolanplayer. if you need more info on BT, go to here: clickie
hope that helps. ask me if you need any help, although i don't know much about it.

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.