is crest of the stars related to banner of the stars?

Tagged under Banner of the Stars

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Cancel

is crest of the stars related to banner of the stars?
if so, what do I watch first then?

Thanks in advance

• Aug 29, 2005

Zeliard

Zeliard

I confess! I'm an otaku!!

Cancel

Yea, Crest is the beginning of the series. Watch Crest first, then the Banners. There are a total of 3 Banners, the last was just recently released as OVA.

Signature

• Aug 29, 2005
Cancel

ok thanks a lot

• Aug 29, 2005

Zeliard

Zeliard

I confess! I'm an otaku!!

Cancel

Sure, no prob. Glad to help out another Banner-fan!

Signature

• Aug 29, 2005

jediknight14

jediknight14

Guru of Reason

Cancel

Humm, I have watched "Crest of Stars," many times now by borrowing
it from my Local Public Library (They have a small Collection of anime. :( )
I was pissed when I could continue watching More because I couldn't find the Next
volumes to it, This is when I we had NetFlix the first time.
I did find "Banner of the Stars," But I never got a chance to watch it do the
$$ Dificulties, at the time, we have been thinking about getting it again at some point, at which "Banner of the Stars will be the First on my List of Anime to watch" :)

So is "Banner of The Stars" a remake of the first volume and add on's after it.
or is simply additions to it.

Know why they changed the name from
"Crest of the Stars" to "Banner of the Stars" ??

This is Post #1

• Oct 07, 2005

Gavrieel

Gavrieel

Eternal Daydreamer

Cancel

Quote by jediknight14
So is "Banner of The Stars" a remake of the first volume and add on's
after it.
or is simply additions to it.
Know why they changed the name from "Crest of the Stars" to "Banner of
the Stars" ??

to first question... it's a continuation from this what I know...
to second... no idea... maybe just to show people it's next series

• Oct 07, 2005
Cancel

The first series is based on the first trilogy of books which were titled something along the lines of "Crest of the Stars:..." The next three anime series are each based on one book each. The titles in this second series of books are "Banner of the Stars:..." I imagine when this arc (meaning the war) raps up then we'll see a third series of novels whose series title will change once more.

• Oct 09, 2006

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Cancel

Has anyone watched the new OAV series? Is it good?

• Oct 09, 2006
Cancel

I've only seen the TV version so far of Banner of the Stars III (edited for time and assuming that's what you mean), but from that I'd say it's good for an enthusiast but it is obvious that it is very condensed. I like it more because it gives me hope that the franchise hasn't been abandoned animation wise, than for any inherent quality. I hope that the Crest of the Stars novellas do well enough that Tokyopop opts to license the Banner of the Stars series, so that I can see all that I'm missing.

Eagerly waiting for Banner IV to be animated.

• Oct 09, 2006

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Cancel

I've only seen Banner 1 and 2. When will the third installment become available. I assume it either continues Lafiel's and Jinto's adventures or tells a sort of backstory. I also noticed that Wikipedia is showing a 4 installment as well. Any idea on that one.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

• Oct 09, 2006
Cancel

Sadly there has been no announcement regarding Banner III being licensed for distrobution outside Japan. It'll be much longer than usual I imagine since it is a niche show and I don't think OVAs are ever cheap.

• Oct 11, 2006
Cancel

Bandai has the license, so if their American branch doesn't want it no one else can really release it.

Cancel

I have see the third one, it is good. It follows the second banner and is mostly wrapping up a part of the story.

Game programmer and Anime freak

• Apr 02, 2007

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.